Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

As much as I love the YJ universe and love that Damian and Jon exist in it, I reeeeally don't wanna see them making a major appearance anytime soon unless like...time travel is involved. I've never been a huge fan of the between season time skips that the show does. Between seasons 1 and 2, I was mostly okay with. But I didn't really care for them doing another one in between seasons 2 and 3, and I'm really not looking forward to the one we're about to get for season 4 (they say it's not a big one but like...how small are we talking?)

There are just...way too many moments in those time skips that I would like to have actually seen instead of only experiencing them through Easter Eggs and exposition.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    As much as I love the YJ universe and love that Damian and Jon exist in it, I reeeeally don't wanna see them making a major appearance anytime soon unless like...time travel is involved. I've never been a huge fan of the between season time skips that the show does. Between seasons 1 and 2, I was mostly okay with. But I didn't really care for them doing another one in between seasons 2 and 3, and I'm really not looking forward to the one we're about to get for season 4 (they say it's not a big one but like...how small are we talking?)

There are just...way too many moments in those time skips that I would like to have actually seen instead of only experiencing them through Easter Eggs and exposition.
    Time skips, relationship drama and an overcrowded cast are the biggest flaws of the YJ cartoon.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Time skips, relationship drama and an overcrowded cast are the biggest flaws of the YJ cartoon.
    In some regards I think YJ has become a victim of its own hype.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    In some regards I think YJ has become a victim of its own hype.
    Agreed. I still regard S1 as the best season of DCAU anything. The show set the bar so high after one season, it pretty much became unattainable to maintain that level of quality, and then the following seasons introduced various unpopular ideas.

I still wish they could have done what the original DCAU did and split this universe into several shows. Or at the very least, spin off comics. It definitely has enough characters and subplots (some of which go absolutely nowhere) to justify going that route.

I love all three seasons but MAN, 2 and 3 were just...trying to do way too much.

I do appreciate the writers wanting to service all us DC fans by sticking as many or atleast the characters we love in their show, just wish they wouldnt over populate the show.

And I hope Conner gets a big arc in season 4, seeing as though he was a part of the last thing we saw from season 3

Oh, I agree. Having a spin-off or two of the series, be it animated or comic book form, would do wonders. That way the spin off could concentrate on one group, while the series concentrated on the other.

I'll be honest, really want to see what they do with Jason Todd going forward, as well as if they bring in Supergirl (whom I'm surprised hasn't been brought in yet). Though with Legion of Super Heroes most likely for next season, hard to say how things shape up from there.

I wouldn't mind a digital series like Smallville season 11,which I miss. I thought they could have had a whole line of books under that for sure. They could absolutely do the same for the YJ universe.

They both have great interpretations of Conner

I think the -verse would definitely benefit from spinoffs but I don't think they have the creative luxury of that, so the show gets so overstuffed.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think the -verse would definitely benefit from spinoffs but I don't think they have the creative luxury of that, so the show gets so overstuffed.

Then give us 3x the episodes as we are getting then lol.

And Conner with a Legion ring plz

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    Then give us 3x the episodes as we are getting then lol.
    I'd settle for them slowing down on the superfluous new characters and plot lines. Just pick a focus and stick with it. I'd prefer they put focus back on "The Team" (who really should have an actual name by now) or Garfield's Titans (Because, let's be real, that's what they are). Have the season 1 crew officially pass the torch to the new generation and settle into the mentor role like they've already kinda started to do.

Yeah I wish they'd focus on a smaller group.

But how many members would you guys use for the shows team?

And who would be on it?

My magic number as always been 7. Seven for the team or seven for the "Titans." That might still be a bit but anymore and it's just a variety show with rotating characters. I mainly care about the main group since we delved so much into them season 1 so much that the others still feel a little flat to me.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    But how many members would you guys use for the shows team?

And who would be on it?
    If the OG members are taking a back seat, I'd shift the focus to the season 2 group. Gar, Jaime, Bart, Cassie, Tim, and Virgil. Maybe add Traci and/or Steph too.
    Last edited by Blue22; 12-04-2020 at 09:30 PM.