Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Weisman bit off more than he can chew with S3 and I have a bad feeling he’s going to do the same with S4. Also I can’t stress enough how I hate all the meme words like “aster” and “whelmed”, feels like a boomer trying to imitate those damn millennials and their lingo.
    I thought those words were more of a Season 1 thing (the season everyone loves).

One thing I appreciate about later seasons is seeing The Light having their asses handed to them once in a while. As much as the Trump/Luthor was on the nose, it was nice seeing him flustered.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Firmly millennial (woefully 31) here but some of my contemporaries think that show is just the tops. They're wrong, but they share a delusion.
    Or maybe they just like something you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    I thought those words were more of a Season 1 thing (the season everyone loves).

One thing I appreciate about later seasons is seeing The Light having their asses handed to them once in a while. As much as the Trump/Luthor was on the nose, it was nice seeing him flustered.
    Aside from saying "fake news", the Trump comparisons were pretty non-existent.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Or maybe they just like something you don't.
    They certainly do, but I'm entitled to my opinion, however strong.

They certainly do, but I'm entitled to my opinion, however strong.
    Calling people delusional just for not sharing your opinion just seems to be going way too far.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Calling people delusional just for not sharing your opinion just seems to be going way too far.
    Hyperbolic opinions are still opinions. It's all in good fun, people are welcome to enjoy stuff I don't, obviously. Don't take me that seriously.

Hyperbolic opinions are still opinions. It's all in good fun, people are welcome to enjoy stuff I don't, obviously. Don't take me that seriously.
    Fair enough.

I'm still waiting for somebody to beat the tar out of Queen Bee. She's had it coming for a long, long time and has probably had the least on-screen comeuppances of any of the main members of The Light.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    ...At least he got the Aquaman movie.
    Haven't watched that, was he good there?

Yeah, while season 1 is the best one, this "Oh we won anyways" bullshit The Light had got old really fast and the other seasons have that as an improvement by nerfing The Light.

Too bad that the nerfs came with making them have less screen time and personality, so now we have 7 leaders, with only about 3 getting screen time, and the others only being kinda there... So they manage to be boring and obnoxious still lol.

At least once when talking with Godfrey, Lex talked like Trump's tweets, by ending a sentence with "Sad" lol.

I'm still waiting for somebody to beat the tar out of Queen Bee. She's had it coming for a long, long time and has probably had the least on-screen comeuppances of any of the main members of The Light.
    Queen Bee had the most noticeable personality outside of Klarion, 'cause for someone who has an entire kingdom, she prefers to act by herself, that scene where she blackmails M'Gann was great.

But yeah, she really needs to be punched in the face by now, the blackmail, killing Garfield's mother, using mind control to try to dominate Qurac, and Bialya being used as a place to keep the kidnaped kids to do experiments about the Meta Gene? Yeah... I'm honestly surprised she's still around too, 'cause if you think about it, her role is redundant now, Zviad/Not-Maxwel-Lord controls Geo-Force, essentially controlling Markovia, that kinda makes Zviad be more useful since the League and the Team don't know that Markovia is essentially on The Light's side now, unlike Queen Been and Bialya, so I find it less likely for her to do stuff in season 4, much less get punished on-screen... She might end up being an Orm, arrested off-screen 'cause Time Skip™, and not much else being talked about.
    Last edited by Lukmendes; 12-05-2020 at 03:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Haven't watched that, was he good there?
    I would say so .

Definitely better than Orm in the animated Thrones of Atlantis, at any rate...

There was also the comment about "both sides," which I thought was an on-the-nose reference to Trump and Charlottesville.

I got around to catching up with season four of Young Justice (in progress, for those who don't have HBO Max). The big spoiler of the season so far, obviously, is that

spoilers:
    Superboy is assumed to have died and was mourned.
    end of spoilers

The pleasant surprise for me in this season was that

spoilers:
    Zatara's monologue explains that he was inspired into becoming a superhero by watching Superman.
    end of spoilers

This one totally took me by surprise and put a smile on my face.

I don't know about this show. It's still good in spurts, but I feel like this season kind of reminds me of 90s anime, in a bad way (and I loved 90s anime) with these off-putting, long expository monologues.

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    I got around to catching up with season four of Young Justice (in progress, for those who don't have HBO Max). The big spoiler of the season so far, obviously, is that

spoilers:
    Superboy is assumed to have died and was mourned.
    end of spoilers

The pleasant surprise for me in this season was that

spoilers:
    Zatara's monologue explains that he was inspired into becoming a superhero by watching Superman.
    end of spoilers

This one totally took me by surprise and put a smile on my face.

I don't know about this show. It's still good in spurts, but I feel like this season kind of reminds me of 90s anime, in a bad way (and I loved 90s anime) with these off-putting, long expository monologues.
    Best season is still S1. Weisman just can’t juggle large casts well. I did like them tying Zatara to Superman since it’s an underrated fact that both debuted in Action #1.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Best season is still S1. Weisman just can’t juggle large casts well. I did like them tying Zatara to Superman since it’s an underrated fact that both debuted in Action #1.
    I think if this show had a more central, core, main cast or lead character the amount of characters wouldn't be so much of a problem because, even if we had a lot of supporting characters, it would still remain relatively focused on the main characters...but even with the OG!'s that get the brunt of the attention (unless you're Zatanna or Wally) the show shifts focus so much and spends so much time on the random character of the week or the month that it just feels very unfocused and all over the place.

I remember when I was reading AC#1, I was very baffled when I saw that Giovanni debutted there too, I guess I thought he would've at least debutted after Batman, not before, much less in the same issue as Supes' debut lol.

But yeah, large casts are harder to focus on by default, and stuff like YJ having 10 dollars worth of budget certainly doesn't help.

I think if this show had a more central, core, main cast or lead character the amount of characters wouldn't be so much of a problem because, even if we had a lot of supporting characters, it would still remain relatively focused on the main characters...
    The way season 4 does it also works to a certain extent, having a few episodes where different groups get focus can work, unless they do it like "Zatanna's" arc, then it just sucks.

but even with the OG!'s that get the brunt of the attention (unless you're Zatanna or Wally) the show shifts focus so much and spends so much time on the random character of the week or the month that it just feels very unfocused and all over the place.
    Poor forgotten Rocket .
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then