Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Poor forgotten Rocket .
    Time will tell .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Time will tell .
    Nah man, I'm saying you forgot about Rocket, since you mentioned Wally and Zatanna as OG members and skipped over Rocket .
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Nah man, I'm saying you forgot about Rocket, since you mentioned Wally and Zatanna as OG members and skipped over Rocket .
    I was talking in the sense that Zee was getting underfocused in her arc and Wally was underfocused in general for various reasons. We haven't seen how they'll handle Rocket in her arc yet.

I was talking in the sense that Zee was getting underfocused in her arc and Wally was underfocused in general for various reasons. We haven't seen how they'll handle Rocket in her arc yet.
    Hopefully better than they did with Zatanna, 'cause they could always make the same mistake with Rocket where they focus too much on other Milestone stuff and not enough on who's supposed to be the main character.

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

I think it’s a crime that Supergirl isn’t in Young Justice. In many ways she is the definitive young hero in the DCU, behind only the Robins really.

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    I think it’s a crime that Supergirl isn’t in Young Justice. In many ways she is the definitive young hero in the DCU, behind only the Robins really.
    I feel like after seeing how they adapted Mary Marvel they'd probably do a New 52 take on Supergirl (which would make Vordan happy).

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    Supposedly she was going to be in season 3, her and wonder twins, but they were cut 'cause they weren't gonna add much to the plot.

With how overbloated season 3 was, not having her around was a good idea lol.

I feel like after seeing how they adapted Mary Marvel they'd probably do a New 52 take on Supergirl (which would make Vordan happy).
    I'm okay with the idea of Supergirl being stressed when coming to Earth, as far as she remembers, she was in Krypton 10 seconds ago, is suddenly in this primitive world, has super powers she can't control, and her baby cousin is suddenly older than her.

Of course, it's just the basic ideas of it, at times Kara was a total bitch for no reason, and there were bad stories around like H'el existing, but the idea of Kara being moody at first is fine to me, as long as she's not always like that.

Also makes me wonder if a Kara added to YJ would eventually change identities to Power Girl, or Superwoman.

Supposedly she was going to be in season 3, her and wonder twins, but they were cut 'cause they weren't gonna add much to the plot.

With how overbloated season 3 was, not having her around was a good idea lol.
    I could honestly say the same about some season 4 characters at this point.
    I'm okay with the idea of Supergirl being stressed when coming to Earth, as far as she remembers, she was in Krypton 10 seconds ago, is suddenly in this primitive world, has super powers she can't control, and her baby cousin is suddenly older than her.

Of course, it's just the basic ideas of it, at times Kara was a total bitch for no reason, and there were bad stories around like H'el existing, but the idea of Kara being moody at first is fine to me, as long as she's not always like that.
    Agreed. I'm fine with their being an adjustment period as long as she more or less grows from that and becomes classic Supergirl, but we couldn't get classic Mary Marvel so I'm not sure how the show would take it other than to throw in another PSA through metaphors about mental trauma.
    Also makes me wonder if a Kara added to YJ would eventually change identities to Power Girl, or Superwoman.
    They wouldn't let Mary wear a skirt, but Zatanna shows enough cleavage to make me wonder if they'd be willing to do a boob window.

I could honestly say the same about some season 4 characters at this point.
    Like the super useful Etrigan? :P.

Agreed. I'm fine with their being an adjustment period as long as she more or less grows from that and becomes classic Supergirl, but we couldn't get classic Mary Marvel so I'm not sure how the show would take it other than to throw in another PSA through metaphors about mental trauma.
    I honestly get the feeling they did that with Mary Marvel so she's not seen as interchangeable with Billy, but, man, there are so many ways they could've done that without picking what's basically a better version of Countdown, which, while can actually tell an alright story even if we ignore how bad of an adaptation that is of Mary's character, it's just dumb she shows up with this problem we're supposed to care about when we never actually saw it lol.

They wouldn't let Mary wear a skirt, but Zatanna shows enough cleavage to make me wonder if they'd be willing to do a boob window.
    Is Paul Dini involved? 'Cause if he is maybe that explains Zatanna's cleavage .

Jokes aside, Lady Shiva also has a cleavage window even though I haven't seen her comic version having one, so I don't think it'd be a problem for Kara to have it, but I don't see Kara as Supergirl having one, the lack of "S" on Power Girl's chest is what makes it not look as goofy, unless they pull a 90's Invisible Woman with the Supergirl costume:

(Fantastic Four#371)

But I don't think we would want that lol.

As for lack of a skirt, that reminds me of Smallville season 11's look for Kara which didn't have one, if they're avoiding a skirt, wonder if they'd use something like it:

Caught up with the new episodes. I don't know if I'm going to like what they're doing with Superman this season, but so far it's pretty interesting, and I'm happy that Superman's not just some background character. Since the episodes are pretty new, I should put up some spoiler tags.

spoilers:
    Superboy's ongoing mystery plot is starting to open a bit. The mystery villain is Lor-Zod, who made a deal with Darkseid. Superboy is said to be the inspiration for the Legion.
    end of spoilers

Pacing is still this show's weakness. A subplot may drag on for a few episodes and then get quickly resolved.

But so far, the best thing to come out of this season is not Super-related.

spoilers:
    Razer from the Green Lantern animated series shows up, and it's implied that this is a continuation of GLTAS. Or at least I think it is, since my memory of that show isn't all that solid.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    Caught up with the new episodes. I don't know if I'm going to like what they're doing with Superman this season, but so far it's pretty interesting, and I'm happy that Superman's not just some background character. Since the episodes are pretty new, I should put up some spoiler tags.

spoilers:
    Superboy's ongoing mystery plot is starting to open a bit. The mystery villain is Lor-Zod, who made a deal with Darkseid. Superboy is said to be the inspiration for the Legion.
    end of spoilers

Pacing is still this show's weakness. A subplot may drag on for a few episodes and then get quickly resolved.

But so far, the best thing to come out of this season is not Super-related.

spoilers:
    Razer from the Green Lantern animated series shows up, and it's implied that this is a continuation of GLTAS. Or at least I think it is, since my memory of that show isn't all that solid.
    end of spoilers
    Yeah we talked about it over in the Conner thread. It’s nice to finally see some focus on the Superfamily. Zor-El cameoing and the Legion’s involvement makes me think Kara will show up either this season or next. Hell if that tease about China’s team us actually setting up the JLC we might get Kenan too which would rule. And of course Zod, whether Lor or Dru is clearly going to be the big bad for the Season given what the episode titles are spelling out.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Zod doesn't even need to say it anymore, they just automatically kneel. And they worship him so much they even came up with an inspirational song in his name .

It's always funny to me when they have Faora and Ursa as two different characters even though they're sometimes treated interchangeably.

Zod finally got an El to kneel before him and he doesn’t even know it lol.

I kinda wonder if we’re going to see a take on Chris Kent at the end of all this. Zod and Ursa will totally get out of the Zone and Lor will be born but will the “present” Lor end up becoming evil too?
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Zod finally got an El to kneel before him and he doesn’t even know it lol.

I kinda wonder if we’re going to see a take on Chris Kent at the end of all this. Zod and Ursa will totally get out of the Zone and Lor will be born but will the “present” Lor end up becoming evil too?
    I saw one of the Phantom Zone prisoners had the House of El crest (unless I saw wrong).

I really wonder where Kara is.

They don't have any timestamp for the Phantom Zone so I was wondering whether this was them pre-Legion timeline or post-Legion timeline. They didn't seem to recognize Conner or Phantom Girl so it might've been before the United Planets freed them and Lor-Zod was born.

I saw one of the Phantom Zone prisoners had the House of El crest (unless I saw wrong).

I really wonder where Kara is.

They don't have any timestamp for the Phantom Zone so I was wondering whether this was them pre-Legion timeline or post-Legion timeline. They didn't seem to recognize Conner or Phantom Girl so it might've been before the United Planets freed them and Lor-Zod was born.
    Lmao did they really put Kru-El in this? Would be hilarious if so that’s a huge deep cut.