Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Lmao did they really put Kru-El in this? Would be hilarious if so that’s a huge deep cut.
    Here he is:

Screenshot 2022-04-28 at 12-07-56 HBO Max.jpg

Mighty Member

I think Superman is going to have his hands full in this series with all of the Zodomites. I will say that I’ll have “for the house of Zod” stuck in my head for a bit… I can even see my self chanting it while working. “Drive to the house of Zod! Type for the house of Zod. Zoom for the house of Zod” etc.

Pretty good episode, I thought. Also, nice to see Garfield finally start to make progress. I get the show tries to emulate real world problems, and generally does well, but after however many episodes it just gets painful to watch.

Mighty Member

You know, I think this latest arc is more Superman centric like the last 3 seasons had some sort of Bat centric secrecy thread throughout it. When it comes to the Superman family, which season would you say had the best going for it? Granted it will NEVER have as much as a full blown Superman show due to this cartoon being about younger heroes, but we do get bits and pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    You know, I think this latest arc is more Superman centric like the last 3 seasons had some sort of Bat centric secrecy thread throughout it. When it comes to the Superman family, which season would you say had the best going for it? Granted it will NEVER have as much as a full blown Superman show due to this cartoon being about younger heroes, but we do get bits and pieces.
    First season was heavy on Conner and Cadmus, but I think Phantoms does better at repping the Super franchise, and I don't think it's particularly close. Note: the first half of season 4 was not that interesting IMO, unless you wanted to see Jon Kent talk about his uncle Conner (as a non-Jon guy, I thought that was cute).

Phantoms by far has been the most Super focused of the seasons since S1, and S5 (if it happens) looks like it’s going to be another Superfamily focused season. Just need Steel to get some more focus besides a brief cameo.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Not a great season for Zatanna, Rocket, and Nightwing, but a surprisingly good Superfamily focused season.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    No one actually "breathes" in space. And if I remember the scene correctly, it was a sudden thing he wasn't prepared for. We don't know what this Superman's limits are since he isn't featured much. He held up a bridge on his own pretty easily. Something the DCAU Superman would have trouble doing. Even post-Crisis Superman held his breathe in space for a think a couple hours or something like that.
    It seems like Supes, Wondy, and Captain Marvel just don't get a lot of screen time and when they do they are kind of in jobber mode

Phantoms by far has been the most Super focused of the seasons since S1, and S5 (if it happens) looks like it’s going to be another Superfamily focused season. Just need Steel to get some more focus besides a brief cameo.
    Wouldn't overtrust YJ, they made a big deal out of Jefferson becoming the League's leader and uh, I don't think he did anything lol.

Doesn't help if they did nothing with Brion besides giving Garfield PTSD.

Also worth pointing out how about everyone expected season 3 would have war with Apokolips and nothing happened.

My point is, don't expect them to actually follow up on what's implied, YJ has a weird habit of not doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Not a great season for Zatanna, Rocket, and Nightwing, but a surprisingly good Superfamily focused season.
    If that's the case, if they actually planned to have Kara be introduced in season 3, maybe they should have done so even if she did nothing, at least she could have something to do here.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    It seems like Supes, Wondy, and Captain Marvel just don't get a lot of screen time and when they do they are kind of in jobber mode
    At least Billy got to do something back in season 1, Supes and Diana are useless in combat.

Season 1 might have the worst showing, considering it took them 4 hours to defeat Amazo, while it took the Team about one hour tops (And most of that was just Conner getting beaten up), and what we see of the fight is just Amazo grabbing Supes, spinning him around, and the rest of the league running into that like a bunch of dumb fucks.

At the very least, Supes' characterization improves little by little per season, season 4 included (As far as I watched at least), Diana actually became worse 'cause of season 3.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    At the very least, Supes' characterization improves little by little per season, season 4 included (As far as I watched at least), Diana actually became worse 'cause of season 3.
    That's good to know. I was so bloody frustrated with his characterization in the first two seasons, but pleasantly surprised by Outsiders. I haven't seen Phantoms yet but if that's true, I'll be pretty happy about it.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Wouldn't overtrust YJ, they made a big deal out of Jefferson becoming the League's leader and uh, I don't think he did anything lol.
    It it is kind of hilarious how Jefferson was such a major character in season 3, becomes leader of the League, and then fades into the background until literally the last few episodes.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    That's good to know. I was so bloody frustrated with his characterization in the first two seasons, but pleasantly surprised by Outsiders. I haven't seen Phantoms yet but if that's true, I'll be pretty happy about it.
    The scenes are basically spoilers:
    him talking with Lois in a post-credits scene where after a while he gets worried that Jon's powers are activating and Lois could potentially get killed and he flies home ASAP, the in another episode he gets scenes where he's grieving over Conner's "death", telling Jon that Conner won't be coming back and regretting how he acted towards Conner back in season 1, and another post credits scene where he says something about having extra groups for the League to deal with more threats
    end of spoilers

It's rather basic stuff and he still doesn't have much of a personality (Which's unfortunately a problem shared with a lot of League members), but at least he's sounding more compassionate, and regretting past fuck ups.

It it is kind of hilarious how Jefferson was such a major character in season 3, becomes leader of the League, and then fades into the background until literally the last few episodes.
    Oh so he at least shows up, I thought he'd stop existing, like Orm in season 2 lol.

He did not lmao. But really only the S1 core actually matters, and the S4 cliffhanger is something that would affect Conner and the Superfamily in a major way, so I do think that guarantees a follow up.
    Also worth pointing out how about everyone expected season 3 would have war with Apokolips and nothing happened.

My point is, don't expect them to actually follow up on what's implied, YJ has a weird habit of not doing so.
    Spoilers for the finale
    spoilers:
    Kara being under Darkseid’s control as a Fury demands a follow up though. You can ignore BL being a “leader” because he’s not really part of The Team, and the show isn’t really about the JL, but Conner learning about his aunt(?)/cousin(?) is something that is going to demand a response from him and the rest of the Els. Clark’s going to lose his shit when he finds out, and Conner has a personal connection there because he was made to be a weapon by the Light and Kara has been turned into a weapon for Darkseid herself because of the Light. Easy storyline to get Conner invested
    end of spoilers

That said I totally agree that Weisman may give us a shitty unsatisfactorily resolution to this plot line, which is why I’m not going to be too upset if S4 is the end. But I don’t think they’ll completely skip over it in the next season.
    At least Billy got to do something back in season 1, Supes and Diana are useless in combat.

Season 1 might have the worst showing, considering it took them 4 hours to defeat Amazo, while it took the Team about one hour tops (And most of that was just Conner getting beaten up), and what we see of the fight is just Amazo grabbing Supes, spinning him around, and the rest of the league running into that like a bunch of dumb fucks.

Clark’s been more involved as time passed which is nice, I’ll always be pissed they completely skipped over him and Conner bonding, what a stupid decision.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

But they showed Clark trying to bond with Conner on his own terms in the tie-in comic, which totally makes up for not showing it in the show .

He did not lmao. But really only the S1 core actually matters,
    Not surprising.

and the S4 cliffhanger is something that would affect Conner and the Superfamily in a major way, so I do think that guarantees a follow up.
    I have my doubts about that, as far as I've seen Brion does nothing in season 4, even though season 3 ends like he could be a big influence.

YJ has a weird habit of subverting expectations by not doing interesting stories with what they established, which's, kinda dumb really, but hey, I'd be happy to be wrong, if them following on a plot point is actually interesting that is.

Spoilers for the finale
    spoilers:
    Kara being under Darkseid’s control as a Fury demands a follow up though. You can ignore BL being a “leader” because he’s not really part of The Team, and the show isn’t really about the JL, but Conner learning about his aunt(?)/cousin(?) is something that is going to demand a response from him and the rest of the Els. Clark’s going to lose his shit when he finds out, and Conner has a personal connection there because he was made to be a weapon by the Light and Kara has been turned into a weapon for Darkseid herself because of the Light. Easy storyline to get Conner invested
    end of spoilers
    I'm not reading that by the way, for once I'm not spoiling myself.

I have a friend who's ready for me to have a long ass rant in case it sucks too, so I guess even if it sucks someone will win .

I'll likely reply to this next week.

That said I totally agree that Weisman may give us a shitty unsatisfactorily resolution to this plot line, which is why I’m not going to be too upset if S4 is the end. But I don’t think they’ll completely skip over it in the next season.
    Time will tell.

Clark’s been more involved as time passed which is nice, I’ll always be pissed they completely skipped over him and Conner bonding, what a stupid decision.
    What are you talking about? Time skips to replace actual story telling is a very smart writing decision .

But they showed Clark trying to bond with Conner on his own terms in the tie-in comic, which totally makes up for not showing it in the show :P.
    You mean when Supes barely interacts with Conner at all despite his objective of meeting him as Clark being to actually get to know him? 'Cause yeah, that 100% compensates for it not happening on the cartoon itself alright .