Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Why did the X-men want to reverse House of M so bad?

What did they get from it? What did mutants get from it? Did they consider humans being the minority class bad? Could they not have convinced magneto to make things equitable with all the political power he had, by exposing layla to him?

To this day I never saw the point. I mean the gap between humans and mutants here was less than the one in 616 atleast. Atleast here humans could have jobs and such and be celebrities.

I know status quo is champion but was there any reasoning beyond that? Why is someone like emma eager to return to a reality where her Genosha was blown up and everyone around her died?

Is it just idealistic? "We lose everything". I mean....
    Last edited by Ichijinijisanji; 11-27-2020 at 04:29 AM.

Because a reality governed by the whims of a mentally unstable person is a bad idea in any circumstance, just like Battleworld in Secret Wars.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Because a reality governed by the whims of a mentally unstable person is a bad idea in any circumstance, just like Battleworld in Secret Wars.
    And because they though less mutants makes it easier for them to be wiped out of existence by the humans. And they were right, and spent years surviving genocide barely.

BANNED

Did the existence of House of M depend on wanda?
    Plus with doom, battleworld was unstable and he was way more of a tyrant than magneto was. It seemed like the main thing was neutralizing wanda somehow which is basically square one, but that argument is never brought up...

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    And because they though less mutants makes it easier for them to be wiped out of existence by the humans. And they were right, and spent years surviving genocide barely.
    hmm? are you confusing house of m with mday? because in hom the mutants were the majority
    Last edited by Ichijinijisanji; 11-27-2020 at 04:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    hmm? are you confusing house of m with mday? because in hom the mutants were the majority
    Right, my bad.

Anyway, that world is a complete lie created by a mentally unstable person.

BANNED

Right, my bad.

Anyway, that world is a complete lie created by a mentally unstable person.
    Were the people there not real? It seemed like only some major events were changed through reality warping to give a select few their heart's desire, but otherwise it seemed like a proper reality.

I don't know the population numbers exactly though in New Thunderbolts it was in the billions. Many mutants who would've been alive if not for genocides or massacres would've reproduced and with their very unnatural rate of propagation, there probably were billions of mutants in House of M. Would it not be a genocide of its own to reverse HOM so that these new mutants never existed? Or are we going with Bishop logic of "they were never real"?

Did the world not really exist? If we took out Wanda would that reality collapse?

The fact that we don't know if the reality would collapse if Wanda died is already reason enough to end it.

We do not know if the existence of House of M depended directly on Wanda being alive but in any case, she could manipulate that reality at will, like Doom in Battleworld, Legion in Age of X or Nate Grey in Age of X-Man.

And that's always a bad thing.

BANNED

The fact that we don't know if the reality would collapse if Wanda died is already reason enough to end it.
    Hmm
    I suppose you're right there.

Omega Alpha is right, they reversed it because Wanda was cracked who thought people were legos and even altering their personality. She was also becoming increasingly unstable

BANNED

hmm the reasoning is good... I accept it
    but
    was this reasoning also given more explicitly by someone?
    bc when skrull!drew asked none of them gave a direct answer except "you'd be embarrassed" and narrative presents her as having a point bc no one can give her a straight answer

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    hmm
    was this reasoning also given more explicitly by someone?
    bc when skrull!drew asked none of them gave a direct answer except "you'd be embarrassed" and narrative presents her as having a point bc no one can give her a straight answer
    But that Spider-Woman was actually the Skrull Queen, she wanted to create divisions and doubts among the heroes.

BANNED

But that Spider-Woman was actually the Skrull Queen, she wanted to create divisions and doubts among the heroes.
    sure, I understand that. But it doesn't mean she cannot have a point if the heroes cannot answer her straight atleast narratively
    Like HydraCap when he was working to subvert the nation, he also made some good points undercover, even if they were to cause discord.

BANNED

asked it on another forum, got a good answer

They didn't know Quicksilver had convinced Wanda to change reality, they thought it was Magneto.

This was the first time most of the X-Men were made aware Maggs was even alive, and their last experience with (what they thought was) him was Planet X, where 'he' "reshaped New York into a pretzel", murdering hundreds, and also killed Jean Grey (in a way that stuck for longer than it had any right to), so they were still thinking this was not only Magneto pulling the strings, but a version of him worse than even his worst self.

Combine that with the history they already had with the man, and the fact that NONE of the X-Men take kindly to mind control or memory alteration, and it was a pretty classic vendetta scenario.

Wasn't the Omniverse going to blow up if it wasn't reversed, or something?