Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Default How does the idea of a Forgotten Crisis strike you?

Or maybe better titled a First Crisis, the epic tale of the Golden Age DC Universe heroes and villains alike joining forces to defend Reality in in a conflict that shatters what had been one Reality into an infinity of them, Where the Golden Age universe gave way to the Silver Age Multiverse. With Golden aged counterparts to characters that previously on existed in later Ages and the first days of the First Generation Heroes giving way to their successors .Is this something that would interest you or just another excuse for pointless event?
    '

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I suspect we'll be getting something like that to explain the time gap between the Golden and Silver/Modern Age of Super-Heroes.

Injustice alluded to their JSA being trapped in a time warp for several years following their retirement in 1951. They will probably do something similar in the main DCU to explain away the ever-widening gap of decades between the two generations.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Tanrage View Post
    Or maybe better titled a First Crisis, the epic tale of the Golden Age DC Universe heroes and villains alike joining forces to defend Reality in in a conflict that shatters what had been one Reality into an infinity of them, Where the Golden Age universe gave way to the Silver Age Multiverse. With Golden aged counterparts to characters that previously on existed in later Ages and the first days of the First Generation Heroes giving way to their successors .Is this something that would interest you or just another excuse for pointless event?
    '
    As pitches on these boards go, this is on my top 5 easily.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Not particularly interested. But I'm sure such a story will have its fans.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I’d love to see an event focusing on Krona creating the multiverse, with characters like the Guardians, Qwardians, Monitors, Controllers, the Lords of Order & Chaos grapple with the events that caused the multiverse come into being.

Not a terrible idea, but it's always in the execution. I'd want to see personal stakes involved, more than just "a bunch of heroes fight a Big Bad" story.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I suspect we'll be getting something like that to explain the time gap between the Golden and Silver/Modern Age of Super-Heroes.
    That’s the first thing that came to mind for me while reading the OP.
    While I think the Crisis idea has been overdone, that nebulous time seems tailor made for one.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tanrage View Post
    Or maybe better titled a First Crisis, the epic tale of the Golden Age DC Universe heroes and villains alike joining forces to defend Reality
    Defend "Reality" against whom or what? Let's just call this threat Doctor Manhattan, call the crisis Doomsday Clock, and move onto something new instead of revisiting the Golden and Silver Ages yet again and applying still more continuity patches. DC has gone back to that well a few times too often, and it's starting to dry up. Onwards to the future!

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Even just the notion of 'Another Crisis' makes my head hurt.

The constant continuity gazing really kills these mainstream super/action heroes and the comic books they populate.

Hmmnn......... Could be interesting........if handled correctly...................

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Even just the notion of 'Another Crisis' makes my head hurt.

The constant continuity gazing really kills these mainstream super/action heroes and the comic books they populate.
    Same on the head hurt, but Bored at 3:00AM’s idea is still intriguing.

If not another Crisis then someone somewhere should visit that time in DC’s history.

Astonishing Member

I've long been an advocate for the idea of a 'First Crisis' to explain the transition from Golden Age to Silver Age...even moreso after Doomsday Clock.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Same on the head hurt, but Bored at 3:00AM’s idea is still intriguing.

If not another Crisis then someone somewhere should visit that time in DC’s history.
    I'm all for a good time travel story and going back and meeting old friends again but I firmly believe not everything needs to be explained nor examined.

A lot of the Golden Age heroes, if tied to their original time periods, could simply have grown old and died off. Hell, a lot of them probably died in the conquest.

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

This reminds me of an idea I've had in my head of the first alien invasion of the Earth in the DC that happened after the dissolution of the Justice Society and before the founding of the Justice League.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Sounds pretty cool to me. Definitely a kind of a missing link.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Not a terrible idea, but it's always in the execution. I'd want to see personal stakes involved, more than just "a bunch of heroes fight a Big Bad" story.
    Valid point.