Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I'd say Crisis of Infinite Earths is hands down the winner in casualties.

Zero Hour (kind of IIRC) and Infinite Crisis reignited the Multiverse so it was more of a resurrection of trillions :P

The crisis usually are cosmic doomsday scenarios that would simply end the world if it had not Superheros. So the death toll is usually between comparable to significantly higher than that of our real-world disasters but everyone is still happy because its either that or all are dead. Simplified spoken. The survivors of the COIE where not really happy; but their minds and sense of reality got reset so it did not really matter for them anymore anyway.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    The Drowned Earth 2018
    Yeah, that was it. Thanks!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Astonishing Member

I'm gonna give you a Doylist answer and say that it doesn't matter.

In a fictional universe, people don't exist until the writer creates them. Even if tens of millions of people die in a give cataclysm, they're basically blank slates or raw material.

The writer can make as many of them as they want, and they wouldn't matter until they're actually shown in story.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

There was an Elseworld with Nightwing a few years back that dealt with this. It's one of my favorites. Nightwing New Order. Where he uses a device that Batman stole from Apocalypse that nullifies superpowers. I suspect the government would come up with something like this should the casualty rate from superhero fights gets too high.
    Assassinate Putin!