Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Gun Theory. I wish they would finish that series stopped after 2 or 3 issues. Loved that style of getting into a criminals head and how discipline is important to that culture.

I desperately wanted them to publish that Ant-Man series they advertised covers for, but never actually published.

There is a hole in the Mephisto incarnation about the moment sentient creatures deserved a Devil, and animals don’t. Why is a creature of conscience deserving of a punisher, but animals are exempt? You look at the idea of an Adam and Eve incarnation where Mephisto becomes important as the tempter of conscience, and you wonder at the moment Mephisto has this power over the human consciousness that he has? Before humanity, Mephisto supposedly never existed because he could not feed on human guilt. Animals have no guilt. But suddenly Mephisto sees guilt in the spiritual world, and he eats it.

One of the things us humans fail to recognise in this modern world, is the spiritual evil in the world, because we define it as terrorism, or mental disease. (We lost that ability with the rise of non-believers). But this supernatural evil is here ever-present but we don’t recognise it. About the only super hero who does, is Blade killing vampires. He should see evil for what it is. That should be a story made more obvious in the Marvel Universe. If you see al Qaida and Boko Haram as evil spirits, I think it helps to frame a tactic against them.
    Last edited by jackolover; 11-30-2020 at 05:04 PM.

Galaxies Wanderer

finally someone said Inhumans, thanks
    +1 for Howling Commandos
    What If
    maybe Ultimates
    ...do art book counts (like the swimsuit specials, i don't know any other similar lol)? but maybe not cuz they seems to give a lot of work

Astonishing Member

I'm a huge fan of the original guardians of the galaxy but with the recent failure of guardians 3000 I don't think we'll be seeing them in their own series for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    I'm a huge fan of the original guardians of the galaxy but with the recent failure of guardians 3000 I don't think we'll be seeing them in their own series for a while.
    I'm a fan, as well. The Gerber version is truly epic (IMHO):

Tomb of Dracula, with the old school looking Dracula, not that goofy white haired pony-tailed version they use nowadays. It also has to be a straight up horror book with more adult situations like the original. I don't want to see the Avengers or other capes dropping by every other issue.

Excalibur with the classic line-up and all the time and space hopping adventures. (I liked it best when Alan Davis was on the art.)

West Coast Avengers, again the classic line up. And stop treating it like "West Coast" is an embarrassment. I liked the idea of a superhero team operating outside NYC. That's all it needs, they don't have to have some clever "hook" like Marvel seems to think they do every time they dust off an old trademark. Just tell good stories with a group of heroes people love to read about.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

For me, I'd love to see Power Man and Iron Fist return. I feel like that the characters of Luke and Danny have a better chance at a sustaining title together than separate.

Incredible Member

Alpha Flight, Inhumans, original GOTG, Sub-Mariner.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharoahe22 View Post
    There are so many:

The New Warriors: Featuring an older, wiser, veteran version of the group. Every time they reboot this comic, they never do it with the classic team. The team would feature Nova, Night Thrasher, Speedball, Darkhawk, Gravity, Namorita, Firestar, Justice, Rage and Silhouette. Guest appearances by Aegis and some of the other characters introduced over the years.

The Midnight Sons: A collective of characters assembled to take on supernatural threats. Basically, the Avengers of the Supernatural. Featuring: Dr. Strange, Ghost Rider, Blade, Werewolf by Night, Brother Voodoo, Hellstrom, Man Thing, Moon Knight, Morbius, Satana, Terror, Inc., The Shivers Man and the Darkhold Redeemers.

Incredible Hercules

Iron Fist: Matt Fraction and David Aja’s book was magic.

What If?

Exiles

And I know that it’ll never happen, but it would be awesome if the Ultraverse was brought back somehow. Seems like such a waste to never use any of those characters again.
    I would die (a slight exageration) to see Incredible Hercules. What If? and, most of all, The Exiles back in print.

Sandy
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    Tomb of Dracula, with the old school looking Dracula, not that goofy white haired pony-tailed version they use nowadays. It also has to be a straight up horror book with more adult situations like the original. I don't want to see the Avengers or other capes dropping by every other issue.

Excalibur with the classic line-up and all the time and space hopping adventures. (I liked it best when Alan Davis was on the art.)

West Coast Avengers, again the classic line up. And stop treating it like "West Coast" is an embarrassment. I liked the idea of a superhero team operating outside NYC. That's all it needs, they don't have to have some clever "hook" like Marvel seems to think they do every time they dust off an old trademark. Just tell good stories with a group of heroes people love to read about.
    I am SO with you on Tomb of Dracula. But can it be done without Marv Wolfman and Gene Colon? Well, at least Marv is still alive.
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))

Quote Originally Posted by Englehart Humperdinck View Post
    Strikeforce: Morituri
    Killraven
    Captain Britain
    Captain Marvel (Genis)
    Nomad
    Foolkiller
    Nextwave
    Man-Thing
    The original run of Killraven was fantastic, but every attempt to revamp him was a disappointment.
    Sandy Hausler

Doctor Strange. (I know it just ended, and I am confident it will be revived soon, but it needs to exist.)
    Tomb of Dracula. (Good call, Vegeta.)
    The Ringo Kid. (Marvel so needs to do a serious, straight Western, and Ringo has the best back story to launch good stories from.)
    John Carter, Warlord of Mars. (Now that is going back some--40 years or so--but it was an epic series.)
    The Savage Sword of Conan. (They did a mini relaunch of it, but it really should be an ongoing title.)
    "Age is not defined by years, but by regrets...I'm an old man now." --Fighting Yank, "Project Superpowers"

Quote Originally Posted by macjr33 View Post
    For me, I'd love to see Power Man and Iron Fist return. I feel like that the characters of Luke and Danny have a better chance at a sustaining title together than separate.
    I agree. Luke or Danny on their own drift off into their own "things". Together, we can see both worlds and see the two play off each other and get their experiences in the other's home turfs. Luke's street and Danny's mystic martial arts. They love each other and also express different opinions. The pair take a couple of concepts which can be found elsewhere and combines them into a book that is greater than the sum of its parts.

I'd put my name in the Strikeforce Morituri as well. I'd also spring for War of the Worlds where a post Martian invasion Earth can be told with 21st century technique and attitudes. Generally, books that can (and should) stand on their own without superhero crossovers.

Incredible Member a moment closer's Avatar

S.H.I.E.L.D.
    Secret Warriors
    Ultimates
    Young Avengers
    Heroes For Hire
    Journey Into Mystery

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I agree. Luke or Danny on their own drift off into their own "things". Together, we can see both worlds and see the two play off each other and get their experiences in the other's home turfs. Luke's street and Danny's mystic martial arts. They love each other and also express different opinions. The pair take a couple of concepts which can be found elsewhere and combines them into a book that is greater than the sum of its parts.
    Agree 100%. I would also add that I think that there are some very relevant topics in our society today that they could explore with Luke and Danny. There has always been a social commentary component to the characters (and Danny and Misty for that matter) given their unlikely pairing due to their different backgrounds that in the hands of the write creative team could be very timely for us.
    Last edited by macjr33; 12-01-2020 at 09:21 PM.

All-New Member

New Warriors with most of the old gang but include Gauntlet and the last of the MVP clones
    A new form of The Initiative bringing in survivors of Avengers Academy and a couple of Young Avengers to join them
    Thunderbolts
    Genis Vel Captain Marvel
    Nomad
    A new young X-Men team bringing in members of the New X-Men, Academy X and Wolverine And The X-Men kids, rotating