Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Seriously. Tomasi's work seems to complement his counterpart writers better than anyone for years. Johns, Morrison, Snyder etc. and their works have all benefited from Pete's "in between" stuff, helping fill a lot of logical and emotional beats that may be sorely missing otherwise (not always at the writers fault; they only have so many pages). Its weird. I've often found myself enjoying his complement books (GLC, B&R) more than the main titles.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I wonder if he's going to make some sort of deal with Darkseid? I can't see them actually fighting. It'd be too much, unless the League shows up last minute (which I doubt).

I feel like Bruce will end up making a "deal with the devil" so to speak, to get his son back.

as usual, B&R is my favourite series in the new 52. The characterization is as incredible as the art, and I love how it's a continuation of Morrison's run. thatt said, I can't wait to read the part about Damian's return.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I wonder if he's going to make some sort of deal with Darkseid? I can't see them actually fighting. It'd be too much, unless the League shows up last minute (which I doubt).

I feel like Bruce will end up making a "deal with the devil" so to speak, to get his son back.
    Darkseid isn't on Apokalips trone...

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post

I don't know about those specifics, but I'm right there with you. I think Damian is going to come back, but through some weirdness, it's going to technically be Damian*

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FHIZ View Post
    I don't know about those specifics, but I'm right there with you. I think Damian is going to come back, but through some weirdness, it's going to technically be Damian*
    Yeah totally. It'll be "Damien" for all intents and purposes, but down the road we'll find out that Bruce made some kind of crazy deal with Lord Darkseid. I'm sure that's where Tomasi is going, since unless Superman suddenly decides to help his bro out, Batman is doomed.

With regard to how Damian may come back (assuming he does) Newsarama asked Tomasi and Gleason about the Zombie Damian poster for SDCC. They said it was a promotion they had nothing to do with, and they didn't even know who drew it. Tomasi said as far as his story goes nobody should pay attention to it.

BANNED

My biggest dread is Tim Drake resuming the Robin identity and becoming unavoidable.

wow its been a while since ive seen Bats be that hypocritical. telling the Batkids that he's going to let them in on everything and be truthful with them and having the "dead" Dick Grayson hiding in the shadows.
    i really like Batman's "god-killer" armor. they have a nice set up of him Boom Tubing into hellish Apokolips but Jim Lee's redesign of Darkseid makes him seem far less scary as the ruler of this hell. all that gold and the huge shoulder pads.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    My biggest dread is Tim Drake resuming the Robin identity and becoming unavoidable.
    Personally, I'd replace 'biggest dread' with greatest hope.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    Personally, I'd replace 'biggest dread' with greatest hope.
    At least I can buy some Bat-books now without having to look at Tim Drake, just by boycotting TT and Eternal, but if Tim becomes THE Robin again, I'll have to restrict myself to Grayson and to Marvel titles because Tim will be all over the place. If Tim goes over and starts polluting the Grayson book, it'll be tough trying to weigh my liking for Grayson versus my loathing of Drake.

BANNED

Just got and read #34. HowEVER did Bruce shovel all that drivel at Jason, Tim, and Barbara without cracking up and falling on the floor laughing til his sides hurt? "Nothing but honesty!" while he was lying to them the whole time. Wotta guy.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Just got and read #34. HowEVER did Bruce shovel all that drivel at Jason, Tim, and Barbara without cracking up and falling on the floor laughing til his sides hurt? "Nothing but honesty!" while he was lying to them the whole time. Wotta guy.
    Well, Bruce doesn't laugh.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Cactus View Post
    Well, Bruce doesn't laugh.
    Not even one little tickle-bone?