Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Who doesn't love a good PB&J, oh Tomasi you're a doll.

Alfred should always have meals prepared. I mean even in batman the dark knight he gave Bruce Ice cream. PB&J is so grade school
    Great issue I loved everything about it. Batman is still mixing the truth with lies but at least he was straight up about everything he could be. I'm glad Dick showed up so now the dishonestly is on both of them
    I honestly have no idea why the Justice League isn't helping Batman. I mean Lex Luthor is looking more altruistic than Wonder Woman
    I kinda wish Batman brought the Bat fam along but since this is a "suicide mission" and him being selfish trying to et Damian back I'm okay with it.
    Last edited by Nite-Wing; 08-20-2014 at 07:48 AM.

BANNED

They took all that time to build the armor, and then won't help him when it's time to use it.

And on top of that, Batman got 'killed' and shot through time the last time he went head up with Darkseid. Why risk that again?

Is anyone else getting annoyed that this scenario is so much like what killed Bruce before, but Tomasi won't pull the trigger and say so? It comes across as weird when the characters are discussing Batman dying and Dick having taken over, but won't make the obvious connection as to how. They're pulling the same crap in "Doomed" with Superman and it's annoying.

The biggest argument against Bruce doing this is because he died the last time he did it. Why won't anyone just say it out loud!? You showed it in a flashback panel, Tomasi, it's in continuity. It's okay to talk about it.

Same for Doomed. Even Johns reports that Doomsday killed Superman, Action built an entire story arc around it...But then you get pages of pages of characters who just conveniently never mention that Doomsday already killed Superman once before.

There's really no purpose for doing this. It doesn't affect the New 52 timeline, as they've already confirmed these events happened over and over. At this point, it's a disservice to the story to keep dodging elements that would only contribute to it.
    Last edited by ReverseReverseFlash; 08-20-2014 at 08:10 AM.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Solid issue but again, the family moments gets dragged down by Tomasi trying to mesh everything published on the N52 despite not having logic put together (and really man, you just have to bring Tynion's mess on RHATO?). The art was fantastic though.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by izaya View Post
    hmmm unconditional truth. Maybe Bruce should tell them that Dick is alive.
    Yeah, even when he's honest with them, Bruce is still hiding stuff from them.

Its really just better for everyone to just blame Johns imo
    He and his editors are the broken link(the many delays of forever evil) that caused all this lack of cohesion with the batman line that forced the Batman eternal crew to push the storyline as if he was really dead. So I'm guessing Dick will carry on as dead to the batfam until eternal ends.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Solid issue but again, the family moments gets dragged down by Tomasi trying to mesh everything published on the N52 despite not having logic put together (and really man, you just have to bring Tynion's mess on RHATO?). The art was fantastic though.
    I don't mind the references. Tomasi is trying to continue Morrison's habit of carrying everything forward, instead of throwing it out. I just have a problem with all of this Apokolips/Bruce might die/Dick become Batman again talk on the very same pages where the characters won't even recognize the similarities to Bruce's death, as referenced in Robin Rises Omega.

How can Dick and Bruce have the 'take the mantle if I die, like last time' talk, while not acknowledging that last time he died, it was the same scenario? No one wants to see him go to Apokolips and face down Darkseid, but no one really expresses why that's such a problem(HE DIED LAST TIME).

It's like two universes are trying to co-exist in this story without actually interacting.

I also can't help but imagine how much better this would read if Tomasi would just admit it all. Have them show concern about Bruce's rematch with Darkseid and how Dick is prepared to take on the mantle in case Bruce loses this rematch. Tomasi is basically telling that story without actually framing it that way and it's just troublesome.

Tell it or don't. One or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    Its really just better for everyone to just blame Johns imo
    He and his editors are the broken link(the many delays of forever evil) that caused all this lack of cohesion with the batman line that forced the Batman eternal crew to push the storyline as if he was really dead. So I'm guessing Dick will carry on as dead to the batfam until eternal ends.
    Oh, I suspect there has been plentiful blame to go around with regard to that mess. As you say, the lack of cohesion is truly extraordinary. In terms of this particular situation, though, it would seem that this is something for the Department of Things that Cannot Possibly End Well.

Unless, of course, it does. After all, having his ward unmasked as Nightwing seems to have had no impact whatsoever on Bruce Wayne, why would lying about Dick have any impact on Batman?
    Last edited by Dzetoun; 08-20-2014 at 09:29 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dzetoun View Post
    Oh, I suspect there has been plentiful blame to go around with regard to that mess. As you say, the lack of cohesion is truly extraordinary. In terms of this particular situation, though, it would seem that this is something for the Department of Things that Cannot Possibly End Well.

Unless, of course, it does. After all, having his ward unmasked as Nightwing seems to have had no impact whatsoever on Bruce Wayne, so why would lying about Dick have any impact on Batman?
    The irony is that the only affect has been Lex being slightly annoying but helpful. Johns has taken it upon himself to tell that story in Justice League.

Quote Originally Posted by ReverseReverseFlash View Post
    The irony is that the only affect has been Lex being slightly annoying but helpful. Johns has taken it upon himself to tell that story in Justice League.
    Well, perhaps he has. We really don't know what story Johns is going to tell in Justice League given the delays.

How can Dick and Bruce have the 'take the mantle if I die, like last time' talk, while not acknowledging that last time he died, it was the same scenario? No one wants to see him go to Apokolips and face down Darkseid, but no one really expresses why that's such a problem(HE DIED LAST TIME).
    This probably needs to be explained as some sort of mind block that everyone is suffering and once Batman encounters Darkseid he is like "Sup Batman? Remember what happened last time, no? Let me remind then.".

Speaking about unconditional truth, did Batman actually tell anything? He just wanted his family to be ready in case he dies again.

This was good, nobody was left out . Now get to it already.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 08-20-2014 at 10:54 AM.

Loved it.

spoilers:
    So glad that Dick was there, and I loved the exchange between him and Bruce.
    end of spoilers

Really enjoyed Luthor in this. He wouldn't take kindly to other people telling him what he can and can't do, so when the League shuts down Bruce's plans, be decides to help. Of course, it doesn't hurt that it might earn him some Bat-brownie points.

Quote Originally Posted by ABH-1979 View Post
    Really enjoyed Luthor in this. He wouldn't take kindly to other people telling him what he can and can't do, so when the League shuts down Bruce's plans, be decides to help. Of course, it doesn't hurt that it might earn him some Bat-brownie points.
    Tomasi is doing a better job at selling Lex on the League to me than Johns is.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Did anybody else think that Jason was referring to Ras as if he faced him for the first time recently? I know it was single throw-away line but it kinda confused me.