Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Somehow I get the feeling that when all of the secrets do come out, Bruce WILL be the only one who everyone's mad at. It just seems to happen a lot in comics. I wouldn't be at all surprised if Dick get's off more or less scot-free. But I hope that that's not the case.

Quote Originally Posted by sanderling View Post
    I liked this too. Batman's not the only liar here, and he can't be the only "bad-guy" when the truth comes out. If Dick was just closeted away on his top-secret mission with no outside contact then he is only sort of passively lying to them by not correcting reports of his death. Hanging out in the batcave ceiling while they have a meeting below makes him an active participant in the lie.

Not sure how exactly this is lining up with what is happening in Grayson -- Dick doesn't seem like he's in a position in the organization in that book for either slipping away for secret meetings with Batman or for calling in favors... He's not even supposed to spend more than a couple of minutes with Batman on the radio.

And on a completely random note, Shazam's one-sided competition with Wonder Woman was pretty funny.
    I don't think it's such a big deal. It's not like Jason and Tim are crying over Dick's dead body, and Barbara is already over it. Sure, Bruce shouldn't make promises he knows he can't keep but he was saying goodbye in case he doesn't come back, and that for Bruce is progress.

Quote Originally Posted by sanderling View Post
    Not sure how exactly this is lining up with what is happening in Grayson -- Dick doesn't seem like he's in a position in the organization in that book for either slipping away for secret meetings with Batman or for calling in favors... He's not even supposed to spend more than a couple of minutes with Batman on the radio.
    I'm putting Grayson a bit before this and actually a bit before most books, I think in Grayson it has only been weeks since Forever Evil. And issues 1 and 2 were only a 2 days. Perhaps it is at a point where Grayson has a little more leeway and ability to leave and not be punished by it.

It would of been different if Grayson launched in May to coincide the ending of Forever Evil but we had a one month hiatus in June.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rakiduam View Post
    I don't think it's such a big deal. It's not like Jason and Tim are crying over Dick's dead body, and Barbara is already over it. Sure, Bruce shouldn't make promises he knows he can't keep but he was saying goodbye in case he doesn't come back, and that for Bruce is progress.
    Oooh, he said, "Bye." This is HUGE emotional output from Bruce. As for Tim, Jason, and Barbara, I've never seen such a bunch of indifferent mourners. Most people would shed more tears over a dead turtle.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Oooh, he said, "Bye." This is HUGE emotional output from Bruce. As for Tim, Jason, and Barbara, I've never seen such a bunch of indifferent mourners. Most people would shed more tears over a dead turtle.
    well jason never gave two sh^&% about dick but the other two i can understand

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kidstandout View Post
    Well, Jason DID enjoy tormenting Dick a few years back in the Nightwing book--it was a very forgettable arc of stories with yet another redheaded girl they were quasi-competing for.

Astonishing Member

Dick showing up, timing not syncing well with Grayson # 1-2 didn't particularly bother me. I also assumed "hey, must be this takes place a little after". But beyond that, the whole "slipping away and globe-trotting" thing is pretty par for the course with bat-characters. I mean you can't over-analyze the logistics. How did Babs get to Rio de Janeiro? I mean we know Jason flew in a spaceship, but what did Babs do, fly? Walk? Sail? How did Kate get there? Did they catch the same flight and not notice they were the only two pasty redheads with athletic builds?

Dick slipping in can be easily explained away, or just left hanging, and makes zero difference. But the character moments Tomasi does? Those'll stick around in my mind for a spell.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Filler month now. *yay*.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Well, they all did, but DC saw fit not to publish the pages. They were all in the funeral.

You can thank the new Grayson title for that. But only that, because otherwise I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by kidstandout View Post
    Jason is more civil with Dick in the new52. But with the less love/hate thing from before, you also have less of a relationship between the two.

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    Some of the dialogue was clunky - "Need I remind you, Jason, that you didn't actually have your face cut off!" - but on a macro level, this was a pretty perfect issue of comics. Pure tension-building, but really helping sell the story.

And, of course, we know from the November solicits that the Bat Family haven't exited the story yet.... I'm hoping they all have to run in and pull Bruce's fat out of the fire when he fails.
    I chuckled so hard at that line. Is that the dumbest thing Alfred has ever said?

I enjoyed Dick being there, but there`s no way he won`t get heat as well. They will probably high five him for being alive before flat him on his butt.

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    Well, they all did, but DC saw fit not to publish the pages. They were all in the funeral.

You can thank the new Grayson title for that. But only that, because otherwise I love it.

Jason is more civil with Dick in the new52. But with the less love/hate thing from before, you also have less of a relationship between the two.

I chuckled so hard at that line. Is that the dumbest thing Alfred has ever said?

I enjoyed Dick being there, but there`s no way he won`t get heat as well. They will probably high five him for being alive before flat him on his butt.
    Boy, Babs and Tim would be beyond pissed. Jason would laugh and then punch him I would feel.

Always Rakzo

Tomasi's characterization is incredibly on-point and Gleason's artwork is glorious.

Spectacular Member

This Issue gave some nods in the right directions, not perfect but due to so much clearing up to do it i think it did a great job, not sure why some don't want to see a Darkseid confrontation considering Darkseid failed last time round i think i could enjoy a verbal confrontation,

The timing of Dick Grayson was perfect and spot on in characterisation of Batman, forget the spyral stuff this was just a little throw in to say all this is going on and Dick Grayson being the elder brother and former partner to Damian is aware and wanted in

It will be pretty crazy if we get a Batman vs Darkseid fight here
    The only time that ever happened was during Loeb's run on Superman/Batman

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

Enjoyed this issue, but it's dragging its feet. Let's get he kid back, already.

One thing I did enjoy was Batman being all about "truth", meanwhile his latest secret is hiding above them all in the cave.
    "The more 'realistic' superheroes become the less believable they are." - David Mazzucchelli

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

And. I. Am. Back! What an issue!

I quit this book after the Red Hood issue and have kept tabs but really haven't seen anything I liked. I commented a month ir so back and someone was kind enough ro post a pick of the epic Hell-Bat armour. This peaked my interest enough to start flipping again at my LCS, but still not convinced. Until this issue.

Ha! In one issue Tomasi has destroyed Johns' weak Luthor knows Bruce crap and grounded it in a perfect interaction, the Bat-family scene was great and Dick showing up, which I didn't expect, was superb. The references to Bruce being inadvertantly being shot to Apocalypse and being 'doomed' by Darkseid was great and a fine way to slot Morrisson's FC arc into continuity.

In short, this was fantastic stuff!

The ever magnificent art of Gleeson was the icing on the cake. 😀

Bat-pocalypse now! 😀