View Poll Results: What Bronze Age Titles Would You Resurrect?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • SECRETS OF SINISTER HOUSE

2 13.33%
  • SUPERGIRL

7 46.67%
  • SWAMP THING

4 26.67%
  • TARZAN

2 13.33%
  • WEIRD MYSTERY TALES

2 13.33%
  • WEIRD WESTERN TALES

1 6.67%
  • The DEMON

5 33.33%
  • KORAK SON OF TARZAN

0 0%
  • WEIRD WORLDS

2 13.33%
  • WANTED

4 26.67%
  • LIMITED COLLECTORS' EDITION

4 26.67%
  • BLACK MAGIC

1 6.67%
  • BOY COMMANDOS

1 6.67%
  • CHAMPION SPORTS

0 0%
  • FOUR-STAR BATTLE TALES

1 6.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Default Which of These Bronze Age Titles Would You Resurrect and Why? Part 2

Continuing where I left off. What Bronze Age titles would you resurrect and what would you do with them? Choose as many as you like.

Well, here we have a 4-way tie for the lead. SUPERGIRL, SWAMP THING, The DEMON and WEIRD WORLDS.

Astonishing Member

Poll was still open, so I entered my 3 choices (not Weird Worlds which I don't recall).

The thing is, I'd want Supergirl stories to be more like they were in Adventure Comics -- and remove the bad romance angle her solo series had. I guess they were going after more of a female audience, but it obviously backfired as this run only lasted 10 issues! Stupid editor!

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Poll was still open, so I entered my 3 choices (not Weird Worlds which I don't recall).

The thing is, I'd want Supergirl stories to be more like they were in Adventure Comics -- and remove the bad romance angle her solo series had. I guess they were going after more of a female audience, but it obviously backfired as this run only lasted 10 issues! Stupid editor!
    When National Periodicals got the license to do Edgar Rice Burroughs properties, they continued the runs of TARZAN OF THE APES and KORAK, SON OF TARZAN from Gold Key. But they also launched a new E.R.B. title, WEIRD WORLDS. Why they called it that, I don't know for sure--they had success with "Weird" in the title, with WEIRD WESTERN TALES, WEIRD WAR TALES, WEIRD MYSTERY TALES--they would even later add "Weird" above ADVENTURE COMICS on the covers of that book.

Maybe they were also calling back to the old pulp magazine, WEIRD TALES which featured the work of guys like H.P. Lovecraft, Robert Bloch and Edmond Hamilton. The comic book headlined John Carter of Mars, with stories of other Burroughs heroes in the back pages. Denny O'Neil was the editor throughout the run--not Joe Kubert who edited TARZAN and KORAK--but with its straight ahead science fiction, maybe the better choice would have been Julius Schwartz (who'd been a literary agent for Lovecraft, Bloch and Hamilton). For some reason, they only used Burroughs material for the first seven issues, after which for the final three issues the book was devoted to Howard Chaykin's Iron Wolf.

Any more votes here?

DC needs some war and reprint titles . . .