Default Pitch a Direction: Vibe

For fans of Vibe whether it is from the comics or the CW series, what direction would you take him in?

A kind of one man Exiles, but rooted on earth so he can develop some sort of supporting cast.

Kick things off by having STAR Labs or one of the many (many) Govt. organizations at DC’s disposal come to him for help in figuring out a dimensional mystery. Maybe all these freaking reboots and death metals and future states and crises are just too much and everything’s losing cohesion w. some villain looking to take advantage?

That story arc should set Vibe up as someone who’s developing a rep across the multiverse and adjacent dimensions.

I’d also have him interact w. Amanda Waller again. These two should NOT like each other, whether on the same side or not.
    Last edited by Riv86672; 11-28-2020 at 08:36 AM.

I liked him in the CW show so I'd incorporate aspects from there. It wouldn't be a carbon copy but there would be the occasional shoutout. For example, he had a friendship with Ryan Choi and Caitlin Snow as a reference to his relationships with Barry and Caitlin respectively. Although HR from season 3 is gonna pop up as Vibe's PR agent wholesale.

Vibe would take some cues from modern Doctor Who. He'd have adventures throughout the Multiverse but occasionally have problems in his hometown that he'd have to solve. Occasionally the problems would overlap but not that often. He's from Detroit in the new 52 run so that's his homebase.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 11-28-2020 at 08:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Vibe would take some cues from modern Doctor Who. He'd have adventures throughout the Multiverse but occasionally have problems in his hometown that he'd have to solve. Occasionally the problems would overlap but not that often. He's from Detroit in the new 52 run so that's his homebase.
    That’ll do it right there.
    You cited Dr. Who and I cited The Exiles but it’s basically the same thing. Detroit as his home, and stories that can go any and everywhere!

Vibe joins the DMA (Department of Metahuman Affairs) alongside Dale Gunn, Cameron Chase, Volcana, Kate Spencer, Cynthia Reynolds and Permafrost.

I like his personality from the CW show it should be incorporated into the comic books. Since he is from Detroit, I would like to see him be friends with Cyborg and having adventures with him throughout the multiverse also he could potentially meet the Titans since I think both he and Gypsy could have been members if they were not in Justice League Detroit. With Vibe's powers and experiences, he should be one of the go-to people concerning about the multiverse and tell them about the Orrey of Worlds where the nature of the multiverse with worlds occupying specific zones divided by axis Order-Chaos & Pinnacle-Pit, which describes the nature of each earth. Also, for his occupation, he could work as a mechanical engineer working at S.T.A.R Labs akin to the TV series.

I always thought he would be a good fit for the Justice Incarnate since they protect the multiverse from outer threats and could serve as the resident hero of Earth-Prime. He would also be a solid fit for the Terrifics.
    Last edited by Incognito; 11-28-2020 at 11:29 AM.

i really loved the New 52 series. It explored his extended family a bit and really did a great job of re-vamping the character. I would love to see him get some personality traits from the tv show. Would be fun to have a pop culture obsessed hero and someone who just loves the ridiculousness of superheroics. keeping him a tech expert at STAR Labs would be a good dichotomy from the stereotypical slang talking break-dancer he once was.

giving him some more connection to The Flash would be cool. Both deal with extra-dimensional powers and multiverse stuff. Johns had Vibe actually able to disconnect Barry (and all speedsters) from the Speed Force. Would love to see that explored some more.
    Last edited by Robotman; 11-28-2020 at 06:47 PM.