Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 22
  1. #1
    Astonishing Member Slade1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,528

    Default Silver Surfer vs Takion

    I know Takion (post crisis; I don't think there is a current version) is similar to Surfer but with more emphasis on time and energy powers.

    How does this go?

  2. #2
    Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    6,981

    Default

    Probably a stalemate to be honest.

    Takion is incredibly hard to put down, he's been like molecularly disassembled and converted into anti matter and come back in pretty short order.

    His powerset is epic level energy manipulation, he's even messed with the Speed Force and Green Lantern Willpower Energy, but he lacks the higher end scale feats that the Surfer has. I'm unsure if he can mess with the Power Cosmic.

    To my mind neither can really do much to the other. Surfer is too durable and Takion too good at recovery and not really needing a physical form.
    Twitter
    Tumblr
    Follow my social media for animations and art and junk.
    Art Thread on CBR

  3. #3
    The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dead City of R'lyeh
    Posts
    20,029

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Probably a stalemate to be honest.

    Takion is incredibly hard to put down, he's been like molecularly disassembled and converted into anti matter and come back in pretty short order.

    His powerset is epic level energy manipulation, he's even messed with the Speed Force and Green Lantern Willpower Energy, but he lacks the higher end scale feats that the Surfer has. I'm unsure if he can mess with the Power Cosmic.

    To my mind neither can really do much to the other. Surfer is too durable and Takion too good at recovery and not really needing a physical form.
    If he's made of energy the Surfer could just absorb him. It's unlikely Takion is going to be able to fix that.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

    Arxiros "Arx" Inosaan | Inanna

  4. #4
    Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    6,981

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    If he's made of energy the Surfer could just absorb him. It's unlikely Takion is going to be able to fix that.
    I think his own evil clone tried that on him and it didn't work.

    I'd have to look up the feats though, it's been a long time since I read anything with Takion in it haha.
    Twitter
    Tumblr
    Follow my social media for animations and art and junk.
    Art Thread on CBR

  5. #5
    The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dead City of R'lyeh
    Posts
    20,029

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I think his own evil clone tried that on him and it didn't work.

    I'd have to look up the feats though, it's been a long time since I read anything with Takion in it haha.
    Well I guess my point is Takion is weaker than the Surfer as far as that goes, so his own clone being unable to do that doesn't mean much.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

    Arxiros "Arx" Inosaan | Inanna

  6. #6
    Astonishing Member Slade1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,528

    Default

    His control of energy is epic. I believe he actually held off the Godwave for a time that was destroying the universe. He's the avatar of the Source and has potentially unlimited access to energy through it.

  7. #7
    Astonishing Member Slade1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,528

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Well I guess my point is Takion is weaker than the Surfer as far as that goes, so his own clone being unable to do that doesn't mean much.
    I'd wager that Takion is more powerful than Surfer at energy control.

  8. #8
    Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    6,981

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    If he's made of energy the Surfer could just absorb him. It's unlikely Takion is going to be able to fix that.
    Okay, did a little digging, that might not be a good idea on Surfer's part.

    His own evil opposite, Stayne, who had the same powers as him did a similar trick on him; after Takion converted her into anti-matter and disassembled her on an atomic level, she responded by forcing her discorporated energy into him and made a spirited attempt at taking control of his body from the inside.

    Takion has specifically the same powers so could probably do the same thing. Surfer does not want to put what essentially amounts of a sentiment metric ton of esoteric energy into his body, that won't go well for him.

    He's also able to stop time locally or... "step between the moments," whatever that means.
    Twitter
    Tumblr
    Follow my social media for animations and art and junk.
    Art Thread on CBR

  9. #9
    The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dead City of R'lyeh
    Posts
    20,029

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    His control of energy is epic. I believe he actually held off the Godwave for a time that was destroying the universe. He's the avatar of the Source and has potentially unlimited access to energy through it.
    "potentially" isn't generally a workable thing for a Rumble.

    Holding off the Godwave is also... alright, but then you have the Surfer doing things like manipulate the Crunch, which is the result of the ever-expanding universe pushing against the ever-contracting negative zone. Cost him his life, sure, but the energy was enough to completely overwhelm and erase two entities in the same bracket as Galactus.

    Guess my point is, Surfer's ability to manipulate energy is frankly stupid; and Takion is made of energy.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

    Arxiros "Arx" Inosaan | Inanna

  10. #10
    Astonishing Member Slade1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,528

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "potentially" isn't generally a workable thing for a Rumble.

    Holding off the Godwave is also... alright, but then you have the Surfer doing things like manipulate the Crunch, which is the result of the ever-expanding universe pushing against the ever-contracting negative zone. Cost him his life, sure, but the energy was enough to completely overwhelm and erase two entities in the same bracket as Galactus.

    Guess my point is, Surfer's ability to manipulate energy is frankly stupid; and Takion is made of energy.
    I guess the counterpoint is Takion has just as much control as Surfer. Basically, he is an avatar of the Source so Surfer would have to overpower the Source to take control. Either way, I don't think this battle comes to energy control; they seem to cancel each other out. Surfer definitely has the speed advantage because I don't think Takion has any. Takion has the stronger time control but I don't know how much of an advantage that would be. It might just end in a stalemate.

  11. #11
    Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    6,981

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Guess my point is, Surfer's ability to manipulate energy is frankly stupid; and Takion is made of energy.
    But Takion's own energy manipulation feats are similarly stupid. I can't think of anything Surfer has done in terms of specificity or even sake in terms of energy manipulation that Takion hasn't messed with.

    Energies of Big Bang? Check. Messing with souls? Check. Weird esoteric energy types? Willpower energy, anti matter, quantum energy and the Speed Force, check.

    The things Takion is lacking is speed and energy projection on the same level. He's still incredibly difficult to kill and is very capable of just constantly coming back but I don't think he can really put much of dent in Surfer unless Norrin does something like try and absorb him.
    Twitter
    Tumblr
    Follow my social media for animations and art and junk.
    Art Thread on CBR

  12. #12
    Prince of Duckness Beadle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,188

    Default

    In my more typical lazy-arsed way, I’m only half paying attention, but how does Takion deal with transmutation?

    You mentioned coming back from being made into anti-matter, Nik.

    Does that mean he’s immune to being turned into crockery? Or at least would he stay in the form of a 16-piece tea set for as long as a ten-count?

  13. #13
    Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,610

    Default

    That was my initial read: what happens when he gets turned into Chip from Beauty and the Beast?
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

  14. #14
    Extraordinary Member Pendaran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,370

    Default

    If Takion is basically a sentient pile of energy, there's nothing really to transmute, per se.

    If.

  15. #15
    Prince of Duckness Beadle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,188

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    If Takion is basically a sentient pile of energy, there's nothing really to transmute, per se.

    If.
    Depends on how you view photons, but yeah, I guess.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •