Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Default Villains going forward

So I feel like we’ve got through “Dawn of X” which was essentially setting up the status quo and showing all mutants working together. Swords gave us our first true enemies in Arrako.

What villains do you expect to see going forward? We have in-fighting, obviously, but do you think we will see any clear cut antagonists and enemies?
    Obviously - we have Nimrod and everything going on there. But not much else.

I feel like we will start to get somewhere with the cosmic sides of things. I thought we’d get something with the Brood until Broo ate the King Egg. But maybe we will start to see more enemies in that sense?

Who would you like to see? What do you expect to see? New characters or old - discuss!

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

For me, I want to keep mutant unity for a little longer before it all comes crumbling down.

I really enjoy the idea of true amnesty and what that means where even the villains are welcomes "home."

Of course no race, in this case species, is a monolith but it's nice to see unity so I would love a common enemy in human bigots.

I want to see more Orchis and Mother Mold and the birth of Nimrod.

I really want to see a oppressed minority really shine against their abusers.

I don't think this is actually gonna happen but I'd like to see a storyline where Shi'ar and Kree/Skrull empires wage war against each other and the X-men get caught up in the mix maybe siding with the Shi'ar.

Yeah I’m really surprised we haven’t seen a clash with the Shiar properly yet. ESPECIALLY Vulcan, who Hickman appears to have pretty big plans for.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Well we know Nimrod and Arcade will come soon.

I hope to see more of

CHILDREN OF THE VAULT
    VULCAN
    ORCHIS
    ARAKKO VILLAINS (Solem, Isca and White Sword)
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by JustADoombot View Post
    I don't think this is actually gonna happen but I'd like to see a storyline where Shi'ar and Kree/Skrull empires wage war against each other and the X-men get caught up in the mix maybe siding with the Shi'ar.
    Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Yeah I’m really surprised we haven’t seen a clash with the Shiar properly yet. ESPECIALLY Vulcan, who Hickman appears to have pretty big plans for.
    I feel like this will be saved for SWORD

We’ve also seen a tease for Shadow King. What do you think...good or bad?

I think Krakoa should become slowly a villain again. Maybe the Krakoan flowers will have some negative side effects and have been distributed too early without knowing the long term impact on the human body? What about Krakoa realizes she is able to control those humans taking her drugs? or something like this.

Although there are so many villains introduced who haven't done a lot yet. Looking forward to see them.

Morrison's U-Men would also make sense for the new status quo and all those mutant sekts emerging.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    I think Krakoa should become slowly a villain again. Maybe the Krakoan flowers will have some negative side effects and have been distributed too early without knowing the long term impact on the human body? What about Krakoa realizes she is able to control those humans taking her drugs? or something like this.

Although there are so many villains introduced who haven't done a lot yet. Looking forward to see them.

Morrison's U-Men would also make sense for the new status quo and all those mutant sekts emerging.
    This will definitely happen since 2 mutants are sacrificed per year.

I bet he will require more and more energy with the more mutants arriving

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    This will definitely happen since 2 mutants are sacrificed per year.

I bet he will require more and more energy with the more mutants arriving
    I forgot about the mutants being sacrificed.
    I think this next era is all going to be a development of the “cracks” within Krakoa and a slow divide among them.

I’ll have to read HoX/PoX again to see what ELSE it teased.

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    I forgot about the mutants being sacrificed.
    I think this next era is all going to be a development of the “cracks” within Krakoa and a slow divide among them.

I’ll have to read HoX/PoX again to see what ELSE it teased.
    Yeah totally, I really wanna see when the Phalanx will enter the scene and what is Okkaro's true motive

A little correction: Krakoa would need to feed on two mutants a year without any habitants but it doesn't since it feeds on a small portion of everyone's psychic energy. That was the original text

The Avengers will probably by the main antagonists

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Well we know Nimrod and Arcade will come soon.

I hope to see more of

CHILDREN OF THE VAULT
    VULCAN
    ORCHIS
    ARAKKO VILLAINS (Solem, Isca and White Sword)
    I’m excited to see more of the ones in bold. And it looks like the version of Nimrod we’re getting is the OG version. Not the future version from House of X/Powers of Ten. At least not yet.

I really want to see Orchis/Nimrod/Phalanx play out more than anything else.

I’d love more time with the Arraki especially in a more serious tone.

Finally I’m very excited for February when we get to see what’s going on with the Children of the Vault.

Honestly I am so excited to see where the franchise is heading. Dawn of X had laid the groundwork work, X of Swords was very good (middle stumbled a bit but overall I really enjoyed it) and now Reign of X will really get into the meat of Hickman’s plan.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.