Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I wonder if other mutants who feed off of life-energy, like Sauron or Cressida could get in on this action. Granted, having Selene and Emplate 'keeping an eye on Krakoa' seems very much like having the fox guarding the henhouse, but surely nothing could go wrong.
    Sauron and Cressida are not mutants

I'm digging having non-mutants be the main source of opposition while Shaw's comeuppance simmers before he joins Creed in Krakoa's belly.

Would love to see more Omega Sentinel, the Reavers getting pulled into the human/mutant/machine conflict, and maybe see Selene be the next in line to join Creed and Shaw.

Yes. We should definitely get a revamped version of the Reavers in X-Force and/or Wolverine. That would be great.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    And, for the longest I thought that "Le Bete Noir" was the opposite to the Phoenix Force.
    According to Uatu the Watcher in Uncanny X-Men 473 ,The first fallen is the Phoenix force opposite, she is a female entity that ushers creation and destruction cycle always in flux ,while he is male and seeks to create stasis or infinite equilibrium. UXM 473(c2006) predates the Bette Noir story(which to be fair to you I have not read) that is not dispositive of either story being true this being comics where reconning is the norm, but for me FF seems to fit the current Hickman story better as he could be a primordial entity that is destructive to Dominion plans in a different way than Galactus or Phoenix.I mean he is still a villain, his MO is to pick 4 species of any sentient life to be part of his collection that will exist forever in his 'heaven' as it were and annihilate the rest.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Sauron and Cressida are not mutants
    Cressida X is too a mutant, she has the same powerset and tragic origin as Selene, except she comes from the opposite side of the Eurasian continent (Central Europe vs. SouthEast Asia), the Stranger is a liar, he only said that she wasn't in order to give him an excuse to retreat (Save Face) and stop the Avengers from pursuing him.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Yes. We should definitely get a revamped version of the Reavers in X-Force and/or Wolverine. That would be great.
    Didn't those Russian artificial X-Force soldiers have Reaver technology?

Astonishing Member

Didn't those Russian artificial X-Force soldiers have Reaver technology?
    They sure looked like they did,I think Xeno and Mikhail have been dabbling in reaver type augmentation (and then some) for a while. Orchis could be doing much of the same

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    I'm digging having non-mutants be the main source of opposition while Shaw's comeuppance simmers before he joins Creed in Krakoa's belly.

Would love to see more Omega Sentinel, the Reavers getting pulled into the human/mutant/machine conflict, and maybe see Selene be the next in line to join Creed and Shaw.
    While I don't want Shaw's punishment to be like Sabretooth's..I'd be inventive and exile him to Amenth or Sevalith and have Krakoa calibrate the gates to never let him back through. I just hope Selene replaces him, the drama of Selene sitting next to Emma is gold!

The problem I don't want to have is Beast with his dubious ethics taking Apoc's seat.
    Last edited by Rev9; 12-02-2020 at 06:31 AM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Bring back some oldies like Sauron, the Z'Nox and Arkon.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    While I don't want Shaw's punishment to be like Sabretooth's..I'd be inventive and exile him to Amenth or Sevalith and have Krakoa calibrate the gates to never let him back through. I just hope Selene replaces him, the drama of Selene sitting next to Emma is gold!

The problem I don't want to have is Beast with his dubious ethics taking Apoc's seat.
    lol, you're ok with Selene but not with Beast? They're both trash, but she's got thousands of years of dubiousness.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    lol, you're ok with Selene but not with Beast? They're both trash, but she's got thousands of years of dubiousness.
    As a villain she is a straight shooter, I mean I don't mind complex villains but I want honest villains either revelling in their villainy or admitting that they don't deny who they are.Beast does reprehensible things while stretching credulity by claiming it is for some greater good, we already have Magneto there ,so we don't need to copy and paste characters

Astonishing Member

Perhaps Krakoa and Arakko need 4 mutants a year to supply their needs, but Arakko incorporates millions of mutants, so the psionic energy consumption would be divided among even more people. The psionic equivalent of 4 people in millions is ridiculously small. If we were talking about blood, it would be 0.00001 liters per year per person.

It would only become dangerous to mutants if something seriously wounded Krakoa or Arakko and they needed that energy to heal. That is why it is a law of both nations to protect the land.
    I foresee friction between Arraki and Krakoans, some Arraki could be thousands of years old, others a few hundred and others pretty contemporaneous to Krakoans but they've lived such a different life that I see some serious adjustment issues, especially by the seniors who may not allow 'fledglings' telling them the law when they know Krakoa(or Okkara) better than anyone laying claim to it now

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    As a villain she is a straight shooter, I mean I don't mind complex villains but I want honest villains either revelling in their villainy or admitting that they don't deny who they are.Beast does reprehensible things while stretching credulity by claiming it is for some greater good, we already have Magneto there ,so we don't need to copy and paste characters
    But why would they need an irredeemably evil person on the Council?

Selene doesn't bring much to the Council.

Apocalypse had ancestral knowledge of Krakoa, Exodus brought in many followers, Sinister the DNA of the mutants to resurrect, Shawn has black market contacts, and Mystique only agreed to help Krakoa in exchange for a seat (she is the better spy in the world).

Selene, on the other hand, what can she contribute? She would only stand out for her knowledge of magic and Magik today is not that far from her.

Astonishing Member

Selene doesn't bring much to the Council.

Apocalypse had ancestral knowledge of Krakoa, Exodus brought in many followers, Sinister the DNA of the mutants to resurrect, Shawn has black market contacts, and Mystique only agreed to help Krakoa in exchange for a seat (she is the better spy in the world).

Selene, on the other hand, what can she contribute? She would only stand out for her knowledge of magic and Magik today is not that far from her.
    Selene can be there for 2 primary reasons

1.The same reason Magnus and Xavier have Mystique and Exodus on the council, to keep the single minded under watchful eye( keep your enemies close type deal)

2.As the oldest mutant on Krakoa, with Apoc in Amenth, she is the only one old enough to be a special envoy representing Arraki, Bei is good, but I doubt Bei is as old as some Arraki.Selene could be the only one able to get through to some ancient and fiercely independent figures on Arrako who may have little respect for the council