View Poll Results: What Bronze Age Titles Would You Resurrect?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • G. I. WAR TALES

0 0%
  • JOHNNY THUNDER

0 0%
  • LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES

5 55.56%
  • PLOP

1 11.11%
  • SECRET ORIGINS

3 33.33%
  • SWORD OF SORCERY

2 22.22%
  • STRANGE SPORTS STORIES

1 11.11%
  • The SHADOW

1 11.11%
  • PREZ

1 11.11%
  • SHAZAM

4 44.44%
  • TRIGGER TWINS

0 0%
  • AMAZING WORLD OF DC COMICS

1 11.11%
  • FAMOUS FIRST EDITION

2 22.22%
  • RIMA

1 11.11%
  • SUPERMAN FAMILY

5 55.56%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Default Which of These Bronze Age Titles Would You Resurrect and Why? Part 3

Continuing. What Bronze Age titles would you resurrect and what would you do with them? Pick as many as you like.

Astonishing Member

Sword of Sorcery just because there aren't enough good fantasy books out there, there is always a Conan of some sort and I really like the Last God but besides that they are hard to find.
    However I really want the Legion of Super-Heroes back, not this Bendis Bennaton add that has it's name but the real Legion I grew up with in the Bronze age, that Geoff Johns "Rebirthed" during his Superman run and teased bringing back in Doomsday Clock. I pray it returns once Bendis' Legion has run it's course and disappears like Earth 2 did.

Astonishing Member

I probably should have voted for Legion -- as that's the Legion of Super Heroes I really want!

But since there is a Legion title, I voted for Secret Origins. But realistically, I don't think any resurrected Bronze Age title would have as interesting today. Comics just seem so political and there is a lack of fun and energy that comics had back then.

And a 3-way tie for lead here. LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES, SHAZAM and SUPERMAN FAMILY.

Retired

Given the grouping, the period of the 1970s you're pulling from seems to be when the first short-lived LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES came out--the first run with that title--which was just reprints.

RIMA, THE JUNGLE GIRL is one of my most favourite short runs of all time. Back then, if there was a short run I thought was really good, I'd separate it out from the rest of my comics and put it in a special place. So I did that with RIMA and with THE SHADOW. To me those were the highest quality.

PLOP! had a much longer run. That's one of the greatest titles that National Periodicals ever did, which hasn't been revived as yet. If there was any justice, that comic would have just kept on going for decades. We can always use some laughs. In the first half of its run, it was the best deal in comics as it had no ads--you got 36 pages of wall-to-wall hilarity for only 20 cents.

Astonishing Member

Jim, you're correct about that 'Legion of Super-Heroes' title. I had just gotten into comics -- and love the Legion backups by Dave Cockrum in Superboy. I bought a couple of the Legion reprints -- not knowing what a reprint was at the time -- and couldn't understand why the Legion look so old-fashioned and in the wrong outfits in those issues, but I still enjoyed them. I mean -- Computo!

Any more votes here?