Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    All-New Member

Default Poison Ivy: Thorns - A new YA book by Kody Keplinger and Sara Kipin.

Poison Ivy: Thorns - A new YA book by Kody Keplinger and Sara Kipin is coming out this June!
    https://vinesnroses.blogspot.com/202...k-by-kody.html

Ivy finally gets her own young adult graphic novel. I think Gothic is a good fit for her .

All-New Member

It sounds like a queer gothic romance book. I agree it fits and think it will make all fans happy.

Quote Originally Posted by rosenrose View Post
    It sounds like a queer gothic romance book. I agree it fits and think it will make all fans happy.
    If Alice Oh ends up being a love interest, which seems like, then yeah. I'm happy see Pam with a love interest that's not Harley .

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

It's good she's getting back out from Harley's shadow but I work she's getting to where the only Ivy stories told are about who she is dating.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    It's good she's getting back out from Harley's shadow but I work she's getting to where the only Ivy stories told are about who she is dating.
    I think it's just a result of the young adult genre and less Ivy herself. As long as she's depicted well and in-character, I'm good .

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    It's a YA thing (I mean, almost all the DC YA graphic novels I've see have put in a love story somewhere down the line). I doubt this one's for me (didn't really like the Mr. Freeze one that much), but I'm sure it will be interesting to those onboard with the premise.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)