Astonishing Member

Lightbulb An idea for a Thor Adaptation

I always had an idea for a Thor adaptation.

The premise would be that after many gods had died in Ragnarok, their relics found their way to Earth. When a person finds said relic , the god would be able to reincarnate themselves inside said person. A lame surgeon named Donald Blake would become Thor after the legendary hammer, Mjolnir, fuses with his cane. He eventually travels to Asgard itself to find it in ruins.

The early parts of the series would be him investigating what happened to Asgard and the fate of his children who should've survived.
    I wanted to combine both Marvel Thor and traditional Thor lore, and this seemed like the best way to do it.

Its an interesting hook.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    I always had an idea for a Thor adaptation.

I wanted to combine both Marvel Thor and traditional Thor lore, and this seemed like the best way to do it.
    So, kind of a JMS style rebirth of Asgard.

That would be awesome, especially if we got New Asgard in Oklahoma

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

JMS Rebirth mixed in with God Butcher (maybe they had to hide themselves to escape) - it’d make a great animated film

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    JMS Rebirth mixed in with God Butcher (maybe they had to hide themselves to escape) - it’d make a great animated film
    Ohh, that would be pretty awesome; almost a horror movie where Asgardian Gods have to hide from this superpowered killer.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    So, kind of a JMS style rebirth of Asgard.

That would be awesome, especially if we got New Asgard in Oklahoma
    Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    I was focusing more on its "Lost Gods" elements. I needed characters for the other Asgardians to possess and most of them were laid out for me already.

I'm not entirely sure how Asgard got destroyed (haven't decided yet), but I'm pretty sure who's possessing who. Loki's scepter would possess Tso Zhung, a Cantonese man that was Donald's adoptive brother. Sif's sword would possess Jane Foster.

The Warriors Three would be Asgardians from the post-Ragnarok generation (which is why there are no myths about them). Fandral's longsword would possess Freddie Moyer, Hogun's mace would possess Tyrone Hammer, and finally Volstagg's greatsword would possess Vincent Starwit.