Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukiakari1203 View Post
    Flamebird, nobody likes Hawkfire. It's needlessly dark. Also the FB suit would make her distinct
    I kinda liked Hawkfire design.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    I kinda liked Hawkfire design.
    Batgirl of Burnside already hit the concept

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Batgirl of Burnside already hit the concept
    The Hawkfire suit didn't look like cosplay though .

I do prefer Flamebird, personally...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    about 60 years ago, in an era that falls mostly under "we don't speak about it", and with a paper thin characterisation.

On top of she appeared only in very few issues back than, had not many appearances since than and her ever being Batgirl was allready erased from continuity roughly 35 years ago.
    i'd like to point out that via retcons Bette's time as Batgirl might be back. It's sketchy
    "Everything doesn't have to be about fear. There's room in our line of work for hope, too"- Stephanie Brown, Batgirl Vol 3 #5

"Quit? Like hell I will"- Bette Kane, Beast Boy #3

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The Hawkfire suit didn't look like cosplay though .

I do prefer Flamebird, personally...
    i know very few people who actually think Hawkfire worked for Bette. That whole arc was basically just the writers stripping away her unique and interesting characteristics for a little Kate clone.
    "Everything doesn't have to be about fear. There's room in our line of work for hope, too"- Stephanie Brown, Batgirl Vol 3 #5

I certainly am always a big fan of Bette but let's talk about the thread theme; League of Batgirls.

No matter her name; Flamebird or Hawkfire, she should be there as such.

Likewise Huntress, or others?

We know what makes all of them Batgirls one way or the other, but how does the team or this comic present that.
    Does the general public know there are so many Batgirls or similar in Gotham?
    For that matter, what would be the reaction of other heroes or teams of heroes? Think it matters? Not?
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I certainly am always a big fan of Bette but let's talk about the thread theme; League of Batgirls.

No matter her name; Flamebird or Hawkfire, she should be there as such.

Likewise Huntress, or others?

We know what makes all of them Batgirls one way or the other, but how does the team or this comic present that.
    Does the general public know there are so many Batgirls or similar in Gotham?
    For that matter, what would be the reaction of other heroes or teams of heroes? Think it matters? Not?
    i'd imagine the public is aware that there are at least two batgirls. Bette after all had a very different costume from the rest.
    I would love to see the wider DCU react to the batgirls

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Batgirl black: Cassandra
    Batgirl purple: Stephanie
    Batgirl blue: Harper
    Batgirl green: Bette
    Batgirl red: Ryan Wilder
    Batgirl pink: Tiffany
    Batgirl yellow: Barbara
    Im guessing maybe Nyssa al-Ghul as Batgirl White lol

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Batgirl blue: Harper
    Haha this only makes me think of a piece I commissioned a couple years back (piece is by ArtbyTuna).

IMG_0906.jpg
    I'm currently reading Batman, Detective Comics, DCeased: Dead Planet, Dark Knights: Death Metal, Daredevil, Thor, Nightwing, The Rise of Ultraman and Red Hood and The Outlaws. I'm also trade-waiting the Hickman-era of X-Men comics.

I could use some stories with Barbara N52 Batgirl outfit mentoring purple Batgirl Steph. A group with all those other characters seems too busy.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by the COMET View Post
    I could use some stories with Barbara N52 Batgirl outfit mentoring purple Batgirl Steph. A group with all those other characters seems too busy.
    at the least 4

Quote Originally Posted by Westbats View Post
    Haha this only makes me think of a piece I commissioned a couple years back (piece is by ArtbyTuna).

IMG_0906.jpg
    Y'know...blue actually isn't a bad color for Batgirl.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Y'know...blue actually isn't a bad color for Batgirl.
    Yeah I'd love for DC to this eventually, but I know how much it might upset other fans. For now I'd like Bluebird to just get more stories and exposure.

Maybe even a dedicated mini.
    I'm currently reading Batman, Detective Comics, DCeased: Dead Planet, Dark Knights: Death Metal, Daredevil, Thor, Nightwing, The Rise of Ultraman and Red Hood and The Outlaws. I'm also trade-waiting the Hickman-era of X-Men comics.

Bluebird

Quote Originally Posted by Westbats View Post
    Yeah I'd love for DC to this eventually, but I know how much it might upset other fans. For now I'd like Bluebird to just get more stories and exposure.

Maybe even a dedicated mini.
    Presumably being a central figure in whatever Punchline does next (as hinted by the one-shot and its promise of the story being continued next year) will certainly help raise Bluebird’s profile.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    Ryan Wilder - Batwoman: newest member with the least experience still finding her footing. She'll start off as more of the heavy of the group, the hot-head brawler, but that'll start to be more refined as she starts to expand her niche into something more unique.

extended members/allies:
    Kate Kane - Brightbat (they gonna hate me, but hear me out): I would have The Colony return as a black ops outfit under A.R.G.U.S run by Kate to check (but actually to provide support to) the Batfamily. She would act as the Batfamily connect to the US government, providing intel for espionage and things like that. On a more personal level, she would also train and mentor Ryan Wilder as her successor and I would build that relationship in order to hopefully calm the sigma of simply being replaced. While not a costumed hero anymore, because she doesn't need to anymore as an government op, but her codename (should she be in the field) would be Brightbat. [note: I'm not saying she shouldn't be Batwoman, this is just how I'd make her and Ryan co-exist.]
    If we're going to go down the fantasy route of how to displace Kate so Ryan can replace her - just fucking kill her already. Pretend promotions are not a kindness.