Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Any superhero gets brainwashed storyline, it always plays put the exact same way.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    Any superhero gets brainwashed storyline, it always plays put the exact same way.
    Eh, for me that just ties in with "hero goes bad" - hate the premise of that one, and am never going to like it no matter what (but it must sell well, because it happens over and over and over again). The brainwashing is just a "get out of jail free" card for it. But I don't care, because I hated the entire thing, anyway.

Astonishing Member

Dysfunctional Titans/TT teams and betrayal.

Superman going any kind of evil.

A big secret that will change something or someone forever.

The dead parent(usually father) of some characters is revealed to be evil or at least not as good as before.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Batman distancing himself from his family and acting like a jerk only to have to learn not to be a jerk and bringing his family back in the fold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    Superman going any kind of evil.

A big secret that will change something or someone forever.

The dead parent(usually father) of some characters is revealed to be evil or at least not as good as before.
    These especially, I get it Batman was an edgelord under Miller's pen; but allow him to grow. Let Bruce love and be loved by his extended family.

I am also tired of seeing Supes going evil how many times can we have that.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    These especially, I get it Batman was an edgelord under Miller's pen; but allow him to grow. Let Bruce love and be loved by his extended family.
    Well, Year One Batman wasn't an edgelord. Dark Knight Returns Batman was much older, wearier, and slightly more deranged, so it doesn't really makes sense to ape that in modern Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Falz View Post
    Ocean Master taking the throne with a plan to attack surface dwellers. I guess I don't think it's bad or anything, but...From a certain point of view, it seems like there's like...one Aquaman story. Or at least one that people feel like telling.
    I think the only Aquaman story told more than that is Orin conflicted about the throne

Cyborg crying about how he's not really human.

Something something speed force. Am I fast enough? Blah blah blah etc
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Something something speed force. Am I fast enough? Blah blah blah etc
    Barry Allen and his dead mom...Reverse-Flash is behind everything...everything is all Barry's fault...Speedsters, Speedsters everywhere...

Evil Kryptonians invading earth.

Batman can take out the whole DCU.

Astonishing Member

Who Wonder Woman or Donna Troy is.

For me, it's not heroes going bad that bothers me. It's villains going good.

When a villain becomes a fan favorite, they all of a sudden become a hero, or at least, antihero. Then, they often join a team as the "badass" member. e.g. Juggernaut, Sabretooth, Venom, Harley Quinn. Of course, who could forget when the Eradicator joined the Outsiders and they started to call him 'Rad. Ugh.

Other ones:

- Doomsday coming back. He was a one-shot villain and after Superman 75 should never have been seen again. Part and parcel with this are stories where a writer tries to piggyback off a classic story -- Bane will break Batman again! Phoenix Force comes back! Another Judas Contract! Another Great Darkness Saga!

- Any Crisis after Crisis on Infinite Earths

- Any type of "Spider-Man No More" story -- especially the ones that go on for an extended period. Part and parcel with this is the "hero gets replaced" story.

I don't know if there's any repeated storyline or plot device that I do like come to think of it.

Incredible Member

Let poor Donna have a story that isn't her origin getting redone for the 10th time.

Let poor Obsidian have a storyline that isn't him just going evil/getting controlled for the 10th time.. especially since the rationale for it kept getting worse each time they brought it up. Hell I think Johns cycled through like 3 or 4 rationale before settling on one by JSA #50.

Let Damian keep his character development instead of being an jerk only to get close to a character and soften up only to meet somebody new and have to learn to not be an jerk all over again.

The more Superman and Batman have to defend their no killing rules against strawmen, the more it seems like DC is just really insecure about that rule.

Magic is dying.

Teen superheroes dying.

C-list heroes being treated as inferior in-universe despite their canon feats and experience.