Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    I kind of miss Stories like Joker Fish, him trying to Film a Movie during Knightfall or building a Joker Land somewhere in South Amerika.
    I actually appreciated that Tomasi was able to do a normal, one-off, Joker story during his current 'Tec run. All he does is take over an amusement park and hold hostages, that's it.

I've said it before and i'll say it again, Evil Superman. It's so boring and they always tell it in the most uncreative way.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Oliver Queen cheats on Dinah Lance. It's never been done well and if he must be a hypocrite, I'd rather it be a one-percenter doing his best to be the voice of the common man who eventually has to reconcile that rather than "but I also cheat on the love of my life because I literally hold nothing sacred and I'm a gigantic jackass." There's nothing likable about an Ollie who cheats and is also a massive hypocrite in his beliefs.

John Stewart mopes about Xanshi and ensures his characterization hits "repeat" for another two years.

Batman can't trust anyone and must learn to trust again.

"Get this surface loving fake king out of Atlanti-- ARTHUR HELP! ALL HAIL THE TRUE KING, ARTHUR CURRY! ... Get this surface loving fake king..." EVERY TIME.

Evil Superman. Please. STOP.

For that matter, "who does Diana hook up this week? Batman or Superman?"

Cyborg "am I a man or machine? What does it meeaaaan" Bro, you're not a janky 80s RadioShack science project anymore. You look sleek as hell, your tech is more sensitive than we are and the only reason you can't replicate a human visual is your writers won't let you think about holograms. This narrative is holding him back. You can do it during a long run, but don't start with it. The best take on Cyborg since NTT is on the Doom Patrol TV show because, yes, while he questions his existence he also has a lot of charisma and never lets his humanity get lost in the machine. Jeez. Robotman has played with this arc better than Vic has and ever will because unlike Vic, Cliff can't actually see the one human aspect of himself (his brain) and even that got taken away from him to where he's just a backup drive of his personality now. Vic will never go that far, nor will he return to human, so stop whining about it and find a new take where he can finally embrace his new self.

Hawk origins. Hawks apart. Both are tired. Let's tell stories about them as a team again. Please.

Batgod punching above his paygrade. Let it die. Please. He has the most actual superpowers of any hero and unlike the rest of them he never gets taken down a peg. He's not your seat at the table of gods and never was.

Rebooting the Legion of Super-Heroes. It's been a few weeks, did they reboot again? At this point I want a maxi series where each issue is a reboot.

Barbara dealing with The Killing Joke. When they took her out of the chair, they lost all right to keep calling back to that story because all it does is remind you how strong a character she used to be and how little she's done since. If you guys wanted to get out from under that particular gun for so long, commit and tell new stories. I wasn't crazy about Burnside but at least it was divorced from The Joker from what I understand.

DC's quarterly execution of a Titan, former or current.

All I've got at the present.
    QFT. That's all the big ones I can think of

Oliver Queen cheats on Dinah Lance. It's never been done well and if he must be a hypocrite, I'd rather it be a one-percenter doing his best to be the voice of the common man who eventually has to reconcile that rather than "but I also cheat on the love of my life because I literally hold nothing sacred and I'm a gigantic jackass." There's nothing likable about an Ollie who cheats and is also a massive hypocrite in his beliefs.

John Stewart mopes about Xanshi and ensures his characterization hits "repeat" for another two years.

"Get this surface loving fake king out of Atlanti-- ARTHUR HELP! ALL HAIL THE TRUE KING, ARTHUR CURRY! ... Get this surface loving fake king..." EVERY TIME.

Cyborg "am I a man or machine? What does it meeaaaan" Bro, you're not a janky 80s RadioShack science project anymore. You look sleek as hell, your tech is more sensitive than we are and the only reason you can't replicate a human visual is your writers won't let you think about holograms. This narrative is holding him back. You can do it during a long run, but don't start with it. The best take on Cyborg since NTT is on the Doom Patrol TV show because, yes, while he questions his existence he also has a lot of charisma and never lets his humanity get lost in the machine. Jeez. Robotman has played with this arc better than Vic has and ever will because unlike Vic, Cliff can't actually see the one human aspect of himself (his brain) and even that got taken away from him to where he's just a backup drive of his personality now. Vic will never go that far, nor will he return to human, so stop whining about it and find a new take where he can finally embrace his new self.

Hawk origins. Hawks apart. Both are tired. Let's tell stories about them as a team again. Please.

Batgod punching above his paygrade. Let it die. Please. He has the most actual superpowers of any hero and unlike the rest of them he never gets taken down a peg. He's not your seat at the table of gods and never was.

Rebooting the Legion of Super-Heroes. It's been a few weeks, did they reboot again? At this point I want a maxi series where each issue is a reboot.

Barbara dealing with The Killing Joke. When they took her out of the chair, they lost all right to keep calling back to that story because all it does is remind you how strong a character she used to be and how little she's done since. If you guys wanted to get out from under that particular gun for so long, commit and tell new stories. I wasn't crazy about Burnside but at least it was divorced from The Joker from what I understand.

You resumed exactly the same list I wanted to do.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Only thing I would add would be the awful mishandling of the Amazons as a whole. Like "Amazons Attack" and the New52 origins for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    I think the only Aquaman story told more than that is Orin conflicted about the throne
    Or a combination of both, Orm takes the throne while Aquaman is conflicted about it.

Extraordinary Member

How about Batman, Green Arrow, Blue Beetle ... loosing their fortune?

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    How about Batman, Green Arrow, Blue Beetle ... loosing their fortune?
    When has this ever happened to Batman?

I don't think this happens to Green Arrow and Blue Beetle all that often.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post

See the recently ended Joker War to see Bruce lose his fortune, and Batman Eternal/Arkham Manor.
    Last edited by Shadowcat; 12-01-2020 at 12:42 AM.

Incredible Member

Evil Superman.
    Batgod can take out DCU and beat any character in any way.
    Batman being a jerk to Red Hood (or any other characters).
    Green Lantern Corps being wiped out.
    Another earth Lantern.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    See the recently ended Joker War to see Bruce lose his fortune, and Batman Eternal/Arkham Manor.
    Oh. Still, these are all fairly recent from what I recall.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

THERE`S A TRAITOR IN THE TITANS!!!!!!!!!

It's Terra!

It's Jericho!

It's Raven!

It's Jericho again!

It's THE WONDER DOG because why the hell not at this point?
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post

It's Terra!

It's Jericho!

It's Raven!

It's Jericho again!

And sadly, not even a joke.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Extraordinary Member

Batman Eternal and Joker War, and I think even pre flashpoint there were Stories were he at least lost control over (parts) of his company.

IIRC it happend to Green Arrow at least once in the Bronze Age, once pre Flashpoint and once post Flashpoint.

Not really sure about Blue Beetle, but can in general do without another heros loses company story line.

Btw. Batgirl was also recently pushed out of her company.

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post

It's Terra!

It's Jericho!

It's Raven!

It's Jericho again!

That Wonder Dog story was unnecessary and brutal.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8