54. You may not vote on this poll
  • He's a cool character

3 5.56%
  • He's a lame character

42 77.78%
  • Mouth of Sauron

9 16.67%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default The Batman Who Laughs: Good Character or Lame?

Personally, I'm not a huge fan of the character, but he's been getting quite a bit of attention as of late. In the context of Dark Knights: Metal, his inclusion made sense, but the premise was silly (sillier than what you'd normally expect from comics, yes); and I was overall disappointed with that event. Naturally, I've been less than excited about The Batman Who Laughs' return in Death Metal. What I thought was just an accessory character to a silly story has, in my opinion, undeservedly garnered mild fame and acclaim. If you like the character, don't let my take sour your enjoyment. Please, discuss your thoughts here.

(I mean, he's literally just "Joker Batman" who's also ripping-off this guy's style)
    Last edited by Citizen Kane; 12-01-2020 at 12:05 PM.

I just don't really see the point or appeal, myself.

I hate the character - he's a combination of two I hate (Batgod and mass-murderer-Joker). But he's undeniably popular and is seems to be making DC a good bit of money.

Combining DC's two biggest characters to create an even more popular character
    It wouldn't work for any other hero villain combination but Joker is a design that can be pallete swapped to multiple characters

As for why he exists I think its just a way for Snyder to go completely unrestrained with his writing of Batman and Joker. I mean Batman always wins, contingency plans for everything, surviving everything, just as planned these are all tropes of Batman and Joker
    they ar perfectly distilled into this sort of parody character that I'm not sure if DC wants to just take advantage of the demand for the character or really consider him the universe's new big bad

I mean after Metal and Death Metal and even Hell arisen what's left for him as a character back to trying to kill/show up batman

Tied with Harley for "Scrappy of the DC Universe" at the moment.

I don't even see much of Batman in there other than in the design, because he's mostly just a trumped up version of Snyder's Joker.

He's a combination of "Batman always wins because he's Batman," and "Joker iust so crazy that nobody can handle him" without anything interesting added to the mix. Two horrible tastes that taste horrible together.

I went w. lame. I’ve no interest in him, or any of the Death Metal stuff/multiple Batmen that keep getting introduced. This is like a bunch of kids in HS mashing up characters trying to outdo each other.
    F’ing ridiculous.

All-New Member

He’s horrible, all of this Metal stuff is horrible and he is just a A copy Judge Death.

BANNED

Batwank and Jokerwank through one character.

Astonishing Member

I don't like the character as I used to and he's well overused.

"God dc is so boring, they never do anything different"

"God dc is so stupid, why do they bother doing anything different, just stick to what.works"

Different doesn’t automatically mean good.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Witch View Post
    "God dc is so boring, they never do anything different"

"God dc is so stupid, why do they bother doing anything different, just stick to what.works"
    Is this really different though?

All Batman who laughs is two existing, popular characters mashed together. Hell, he doesn't even have a sense of humor

That skinny bitch is way OP.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-