• He's a cool character

3 5.56%
  • He's a lame character

42 77.78%
  • Mouth of Sauron

9 16.67%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Braindead character that pretty much sucks all interest out of a plot. A blank page is more interesting. At least there's potential there.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Braindead character that pretty much sucks all interest out of a plot. A blank page is more interesting. At least there's potential there.
    Thoroughly seconded.

He has a cool aesthetic, I wish he wasn't just an evil Batman/Joker mashup.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Thoroughly seconded.

He has a cool aesthetic, I wish he wasn't just an evil Batman/Joker mashup.
    It's because he stole it from Judge Death.

Haven't read any of the stories with him but I dig his look

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Couldn't have said it better myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    For me I just wish a crazy/evil Batman didn't just feel like a trumped up version of Joker. I don't even get Batgod vibes from him because of how absurd Joker is written these days, so that Bat-trappings do nothing for me.
    Well, I can't comment too much on the modern Joker stuff, since I've avoided the character since Death of the Family. But yeah, I can see what you mean; that whole "I'm so crazy it's a superpower" crap. That was building before I started avoiding the character and I can only assume it's gotten worse since. But that's just a result of the Batgod. When Bruce can defeat the entire League using some chewing gum, his archnemesis has to step up his game too.

Like I said, TBWL is every problem with the Batgod taken to its extreme. Not just the problems it causes with Bruce, but with his entire mythology, rogues gallery, etc.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

I'm avoiding everything related to him and the Dark Universe, so basically I'm avoiding most of DC is publishing now. I'm waiting for a change of direction.

Incredible Member

hate him so much
    "Everything doesn't have to be about fear. There's room in our line of work for hope, too"- Stephanie Brown, Batgirl Vol 3 #5

"Quit? Like hell I will"- Bette Kane, Beast Boy #3

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Well, I can't comment too much on the modern Joker stuff, since I've avoided the character since Death of the Family. But yeah, I can see what you mean; that whole "I'm so crazy it's a superpower" crap. That was building before I started avoiding the character and I can only assume it's gotten worse since. But that's just a result of the Batgod. When Bruce can defeat the entire League using some chewing gum, his archnemesis has to step up his game too.

Like I said, TBWL is every problem with the Batgod taken to its extreme. Not just the problems it causes with Bruce, but with his entire mythology, rogues gallery, etc.
    So basically it's peak Scott Snyder .

I get it stems from Batgod to a certain extent, but I wish the Batman side felt more relevant.