Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
    Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    If that's not an indictment on comic book writers, I don't know what is. "Write what you know," right? I feel like people can only equate Diana to Clark or Bruce if she's essentially a barbarian hero who can chop someone up. It's pretty sad.

The way editorial treated marriage as a death sentence kind of proves they don't have healthy views on relationships.

Better late than never, but he is The Flash who outran the metaphysical notion of death itself to the end of all creation to save his wife, effectively telling it "you're never going to take her until I'm gone and you can't catch me so suck it, nerd." Probably didn't seem like it at the time, but that's pretty much "the plot device who runs." Barry does it more, but to be fair to Barry, everyone pretty much upends creation and arm wrestles the Anti-Monitor while juggling planets these days.

Just a couple years ago Superman took like 50 sundips and delivered a haymaker to punch the Anti-Monitor's brother in just some issue of Justice League, no big.

Perpetua's been throwing planets around several times this last year. Same with The Batman Who Sucks. Tom Taylor had Green Arrow kill Aquaman (who is bulletproof) with a regular arrow. Diana can bench press a mountain and get hit by Damage (who she claims is stronger than Clark) but a small lead pellet fired fast enough will absolutely kill her. There's only eleven these days.
    When did she bench press a mountain in rebirth?

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    When did she bench press a mountain in rebirth?
    I'm not referring to a literal scene but she's shown some pretty significant feats of strength in Rebirth. My point is that the mid level of the power curve at DC has pretty much been eradicated.

I'm not referring to a literal scene but she's shown some pretty significant feats of strength in Rebirth. My point is that the mid level of the power curve at DC has pretty much been eradicated.
    Such as what? Because i honestly don't remember any.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    Such as what? Because i honestly don't remember any.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/respectthre...new_52rebirth/

Quick google search pulled this thread which is primarily New 52/Rebirth.

Holding up a titan trying to step on her in GWW's run pretty much amounts to benching a mountain as far as I'm concerned.
    Last edited by Robanker; 12-17-2020 at 05:54 PM.

https://www.reddit.com/r/respectthre...new_52rebirth/

Quick google search pulled this thread which is primarily New 52/Rebirth.

Holding up a titan trying to step on her in GWW's run pretty much amounts to benching a mountain as far as I'm concerned.
    Yeah that is a pretty good one. But overall, her power has not shined that much in rebirth.