Spectacular Member Nightcrawler92's Avatar

Default A Booster Gold 1 million question

So in Booster Gold 1 million, a figure who looked like Ted Kord open the door to Teds storage locker and gave a big old Bwahahaha. Was that ever followed up on? Was that supposed to be Ted and they dropped that storyline or was it something I missed in a different book?
    Pull List:

DC: Flash, Justice Society, Green Lantern

Boom: Mighty Morphin’ Power Rangers

Image: Undiscovered Country, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun

Marvel: Ultimate Spider-man, X-men, Daredevil, Iron man, Thor, Hulk

Amazing Member

It was probably supposed to be Ted but it was never followed up on, the New 52 happened before anyone was able to follow up on the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightcrawler92 View Post
    So in Booster Gold 1 million, a figure who looked like Ted Kord open the door to Teds storage locker and gave a big old Bwahahaha. Was that ever followed up on? Was that supposed to be Ted and they dropped that storyline or was it something I missed in a different book?
    One of the recurring ideas in the series was that events which had occurred in the past were set and couldn't be changed. They spent a great issue with Booster trying to undo the Killing Joke and be absolutely unable to, no matter what he tried.

So, there's a storyline which involves BG going into the past during the events of Countdown to Infinte Crisis, which ends up involving one last adventure with Ted (who is set to be shot at the end of the story by Max, etc etc). However, some things happen during the end of the story arc which leave open the possiblity that Ted escaped his fate - which is where that scene you mentioned comes in. It was a huge tease/indication that Ted was still alive - had somehow been able to escape his fate - and would be seen again. But I'm going from memory so i could be wrong about all of this. I believe, though, that's what was going on.

Astonishing Member

Both the Booster Gold series and Blue Beetle series had dropped hints that Ted was alive while also building the mystery of the Black Beetle and other hints of future storylines. These were all dropped when New 52 hit.

Amazing Member

As far as I know, that was supposed to be Black Lantern Ted Kord, and they were teasing the Blackest Night tie-in arc that Jurgens ended up doing with issues #26-27.
    Last edited by Starro; 11-30-2020 at 11:16 AM.