Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Default Who Would You Have Write for A Wonder Woman Run with Jim Lee on art?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.gam...her-mythology/

Jim Lee doing a year long run for Wonder Woman, like he did for Batman and Superman could be the shot in the arm that the franchise needs. So the question is: who should write it, and why? One caveat: they can’t have already had a run on the Wonder Woman title (fill ins/minis do not count).
    Last edited by Shadowcat; 11-30-2020 at 12:40 AM.

Me... lmao
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

BANNED

Hiromu Arakawa? Lol, I am just joking there. I think the safest bet would be Ram V, I like the way he writes Wonder Woman, and JLD is accepted as good here.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.gam...her-mythology/

Jim Lee doing a year long run for Wonder Woman, like he did for Batman and Superman could be the shot in the arm that the franchise needs. So the question is: who should write it, and why? One caveat: they can’t have already had a run on the Wonder Woman title (fill ins/minis do not count).
    Kurt Busiek or Kelly Sue DeConnick maybe.

Tim Seeley. His Steve Trevor special was quite good, and he brought back Eviless, so he has to familiar with her rogues.

The jury's out on Kelly Sue DeConnick for me until Historia. I would love to see a female writer take on the book and for it to be good, though. The last few (Tamaki, Wilson, Finch) have all been mediocre to downright stinkers of runs.

I would want an action/adventure style writer, someone that knows how to write god level characters. I really want a Greek epic style story, something big and extravagant. I'm tired of mediocrity and "small scale" stories. I would say Jason Aaron but I don't think he would go extreme enough in feats for her. I also think that he would want to "change up" Diana's mythos and I wouldn't want him to do that personally. I really don't know who tbh.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Tim Seeley. His Steve Trevor special was quite good, and he brought back Eviless, so he has to familiar with her rogues.

The jury's out on Kelly Sue DeConnick for me until Historia. I would love to see a female writer take on the book and for it to be good, though. The last few (Tamaki, Wilson, Finch) have all been mediocre to downright stinkers of runs.
    Don't forget Crimson Centipede!
    If the aim is for a fun, bombastic story that explores Diana's rogues gallery, yes to Seeley and Lee.

DeConnick still remains to be seen, Jimenez seems to love working with her and her scripts seem to be inspiring his best art. Plus her stuff like Bitch Planet and Pretty Deadly were both very good. And it is a shame that we haven't had a solid female writer on the book since Simone, who despite her run getting mediocre I've come to appreciate in comparison to a lot of the stuff we've gotten since (and a big chunk of the problems were out of her control).

Jason Aaron, loved what he did with Thor and Jane Foster.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    Jason Aaron, loved what he did with Thor and Jane Foster.
    Have you read his Avengers? His She-Hulk is... Not good.

Wonder Woman: Bloodlines felt like it could have been called Wonder Woman: Hush so I'd be interested in maybe Mairghread Scott maybe doing something that had more time to expand on stuff than a 90-100 minute movie.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

If Lee does another 12 issue story, I hope he can have a stronger writer to create a better story than Hush or For Tomorrow. The former especially is a "turn your brain off and read it for the art" story. A action heavy WW arc with great art would be fine, but I'd rather have the various characters have slightly more depth than how Jeph Loeb writes that Bat cast ("Scarecrow must only speak in nursery rhymes for no reason!").

Also, that Legion art is cool and it'd be neat to see a story for them.

I’d love to see Kelly Sue, Ahmed Saladin, Al Ewing, or Becky Cloonan to take over writing chores, especially for a run with Lee on art duties. Keiron Gillen would be gold on this book too.

Not sure which writer I'd want, but Jim Lee is just what the book needs after years of mediocrity. Give me a 12-issue Villany Inc story please!

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Assuming she has a pitch, KSD is my top choice. Considering Lee is pretty close to the top at DC, they'd have a lot of freedom to really tell a great story and it's got a strong chance at being Wonder Woman's seminal book.

I admit, however, I don't love Lee's pencils on everything and I'm unsold he's the right fit for Diana. It would sell, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Assuming she has a pitch, KSD is my top choice. Considering Lee is pretty close to the top at DC, they'd have a lot of freedom to really tell a great story and it's got a strong chance at being Wonder Woman's seminal book.

I admit, however, I don't love Lee's pencils on everything and I'm unsold he's the right fit for Diana. It would sell, though.
    Same on Lee’s art, but it’s Jim Lee, who’s a proven hit maker.