View Poll Results: Would she?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

6 12.24%
  • No

43 87.76%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Look after both of them let their 10 year old son go off with a a mad man nothing they do surprises me now I say yes she would.

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

I would welcome the Superman Dynasty and look forward to my cape, headband, and overpants.

If you had a standing rule that Superman is supposed to be the most moral guy in the comic book, then I guess the answer might be yes.

Otherwise, I'd just say no. It would be just as in-character for Lois to reject this Superman as it would be out of character for Superman to act that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    Justice Lord Superman says no.

This is, more or less, how I'd expect most versions of Lois to act in this situation. I honestly can't think of a single scenario where she'd be okay with Clark using his power to take over the world "for their own good"

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

The only way I could possibly buy Lois standing by him is to either A) attempt to figure out what's taken over clark and free him from it and/or B) destroy it from the inside (depending on the results of A).

Either way, it's an extremely short term gig that she never supported in from the start.

Retired

Isn't this kind of the plot of RED SON? Supercomrade thinks he's saving the world and Lois Capitalist questions what is the right thing. I think that's what happens--I really hate the story (both the comic book and the cartoon), so I might not be remembering it right.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Isn't this kind of the plot of RED SON? Supercomrade thinks he's saving the world and Lois Capitalist questions what is the right thing. I think that's what happens--I really hate the story (both the comic book and the cartoon), so I might not be remembering it right.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

There's Brave New Metropolis Superman and Lois.

As Doctor Know has posted, every time an “Evil Superman” has had a Lois, she typically is disgusted with him. Why wouldn’t she be? So no I don’t see her supporting him.

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    If you had a standing rule that Superman is supposed to be the most moral guy in the comic book, then I guess the answer might be yes.

Otherwise, I'd just say no. It would be just as in-character for Lois to reject this Superman as it would be out of character for Superman to act that way.
    Yeah, if Superman is out of character enough to take over the world, why wouldn't Lois be ooc enough to stand by him? Actually the next time DC tries the tired story of Superman taking over the world, the should have Lois siding with him, it would be something fresh.

I voted No.

But if the writers are of the calibre of those responsible for say JLA ACT OF GOD or INJUSTICE then the obvious no will be overlooked in favor of the most tired tropes regarding ladies

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Best we have doesn't mean best solution.The moment we stop searching for better we become stagnant.And stagnation isn't something world needs to solve it's problems.
    Democracy is slow in policy making.it requires consensus. This idea that democracy can't go tyrannical is also wishful thinking.Just because I might not have an answer.Doesn't mean an answer isn't needed.
    What makes you think people haven't tried for a better system? If there was a better idea than democracy, we'd have found it a long time ago.

Fantastic Member

It doesn't matter the reason, Lois would never support him!! Plus Superman doesn't have the power to take over the Earth. People complain about Superman being to powerful, he really isn't. There's lot of heroes on Earth that can beat him one on one. They would all come together and mop the floor with him. Superman is no where near the most powerful being on Earth. The regular military could beat him!! I'm a big superman fan, but Superman isn't as powerful as people make him out to be. Superman doesn't have God like powers!!
    Last edited by lotchj; 12-01-2020 at 07:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    As Doctor Know has posted, every time an “Evil Superman” has had a Lois, she typically is disgusted with him. Why wouldn’t she be? So no I don’t see her supporting him.
    In most cases (not all) she's either:
    Dead which is often reason #1 leading Superman to become evil.
    Or
    She's leading and/or helping to lead the charge against Evil Superman.

So I vote no.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

They sort of answered that question 20 years ago in the "King of the World" arc, and Lois did indeed turn against him,writing a critical piece on him when it appeared he stepped over the line. Granted ultimately it turned out Dominus was manipulating and then ultimately even briefly impersonated Superman,but it clearly answered this question.

The answer is no.
    Last edited by manofsteel1979; 12-01-2020 at 08:39 AM.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.