View Poll Results: What Bronze Age Titles Would You Resurrect?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • SANDMAN

3 13.64%
  • OMAC

4 18.18%
  • 1st ISSUE SPECIAL

8 36.36%
  • BATMAN FAMILY

9 40.91%
  • BEOWULF

1 4.55%
  • CHARLTON BULLSEYE

3 13.64%
  • JOKER

2 9.09%
  • JUSTICE, INC.

1 4.55%
  • SECRETS OF HAUNTED HOUSE

5 22.73%
  • SHERLOCK HOLMES

4 18.18%
  • STALKER

1 4.55%
  • SUPER-TEAM FAMILY

9 40.91%
  • TALES OF GHOST CASTLE

3 13.64%
  • TOR

1 4.55%
  • CLAW THE UNCONQUERED

4 18.18%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Default Which of These Bronze Age Titles Would You Resurrect and Why? Part 4

Continuing. Which of these Bronze Age titles would you bring back and what would you do with them? Pick as many as you like.

BANNED

I choose OMAC because while I love Sandman more than everything else on that list, Sandman was already in a dreaming way, already resurrected by The Dreaming, so I choose OMAC.

Retired

I'd like to see that SHERLOCK HOLMES as I never got the one issue that did come out--I saw it advertised but never found it at the drugstore--I did get the issue with Holmes in THE JOKER.

But what I'd really like is the King Arthur comic that was supposed to come out--was advertised--with art by Nestor Redondo. Now that would have been something.

Maybe you need a category for all those comics that were announced but never appeared on the newsstand at all. Some comics got one or two issues, but others (like VIXEN) were cancelled before they could get that far. The pain of being a D.C. fan.

I voted Joker, which seems like a tiresome choice given his overexposure, but I'd specify that the title be a continuation/expansion of Azzarello/Bermejo's "Joker" and not the character from the main continuity.

Claw because he was a good Sword & Sorcery character and he still hasn’t had a lengthy run
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Extraordinary Member

Super-Team Family... But reimagined to focus on Metropolis heroes every issue.

A Batfamily book is always popping up somewhere, or de-facto produced by crossovers or guest star appearances.

The Superman family and Metropolis itself could use a boost of freestyle writing of characters side-by-side with others.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Mighty Member

Sandman - classic Neil Gaiman

1st issue special, because it would give heroes who would normally not get a book one shot storylines

Charlton Bullseye - because I love all the Charlton heroes, (I'm still bitter at the way DC handled them)

Sherlock Holmes - because I love characters that are set in the Victorian era

Secrets of Haunted House & Tales of Ghost Castle - some DC horror comics would be neat

Retired

There were two versions of CHARLTON BULLSEYE. The first was the in-house fanzine, which featured some up and coming talent--like John Byrne and Bob Layton. Later on they published a mass market comic book CHARLTON BULLSEYE, which was like NEW TALENT SHOWCASE.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Batman Family
    Secrets of the Haunted House
    Super-Team Family

The Bats and Supes titles as I think it would give the secondary characters a chance to really shine, and those old books had some damn fun stories!!
    Haunted House book because I think DC needs a solid horror title with some Wrightson-like artwork to set the mood. (Liam Sharp, COME ON DOWN!)
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Retired

Actually I believe it's supposed to be SECRETS OF SINISTER HOUSE, which began as THE SINISTER HOUSE OF SECRET LOVE, a companion to THE DARK MANSION OF FORBIDDEN LOVE. That would become FORBIDDEN TALES OF DARK MANSION. They both began under romance editor (and brief WONDER WOMAN editor) Dorothy Woolfolk as a hybrid of gothic horror and gothic romance, but soon became your basic horror anthologies under Joe Orlando--and then in the final issues Murray Boltinoff edited SINISTER HOUSE while Denny O'Neil edited DARK MANSION.

The earlier concept was much more intriguing. It seemed to be a way to keep the romance titles going, by riding the horror comics trend--and the original cover designs gave a sense of something a bit more sophisticated than your average horror comic. I didn't buy those titles when they first came out, because I thought they were too mature for me. It seemed to me that National was making a play for an adult audience, but maybe in the end that didn't happen.

I've always liked Dc's take on the pulp characters, and while The Shadow was amazing, Justice, Inc. was also quite good.

I also picked Batman Family not because I'm a super Batman fan -- I'm not -- but that period was a time when Batman was not a jerk, and a non-jerk Batman is a good Batman.
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Astonishing Member

On this list I went OMAC and Claw I really always liked them both, OMAC for that Kirby cosmic craziness and Claw because it was like Conan with a cool red guantlet and occasional aliens along side the fantasy monsters.

On this one we have a 3-way tie for lead so far. 1st ISSUE SPECIAL, BATMAN FAMILY & SUPER-TEAM FAMILY.

BATMAN FAMILY was what turned me into a Batman fan. It was the first title I ever really looked forward to every month and I was really sad when it was cancelled.

Quote Originally Posted by Laufeyson View Post
    I choose OMAC because while I love Sandman more than everything else on that list, Sandman was already in a dreaming way, already resurrected by The Dreaming, . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by The no face guy View Post
    Sandman - classic Neil Gaiman . . .
    Uh, to anybody who thinks Neil Gaiman version of Sandman is "Bronze Age", if we're talking 1970s DC books for this poll, you'd be talking about

The Neil Gaiman series didn't arrive until the late 1980s.

Quote Originally Posted by Air Wave View Post
    On this one we have a 3-way tie for lead so far. 1st ISSUE SPECIAL, BATMAN FAMILY & SUPER-TEAM FAMILY.
    Good to hear 1ST ISSUE SPECIAL is doing well in the voting. Dr. Fate from Simonson/Pasko will always be a favorite...