Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Superboy-Prime in Hell

Scenario: at the end of the events depicted in Legion of Three Worlds, Superboy-Prime instead destroys himself via time paradox. Then he goes to Hell (DCU-Earth Hell). What happens to him there? Does he retain any/some/all of his powers? If so, where does he fit into Hell's hierarchy?

It’s a four-part mini-series with issues entitled:

- Tantrum in Tartarus.
    - Throwing Toys Out of the Pram-demonium
    - Hysterics in Hades
    - Infantile Inferno

If you go to DC Hell, are you a physical being, or a spirit/ghost? If Superboy is a ghost, then no powers, right?

Usually that second thing presuming you died to get there.

Prime made a return? Seriously? When was this, and what happened?
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

He showed up again in Rebirth-Shazam and got taken out by a Billy Batson/Black Adam teamup thing if I remember it correctly. They knocked him out via dual smashing into him while going "Shazam!" or whatever.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post

- Tantrum in Tartarus.
    - Hysterics in Hades
    - Infantile Inferno
    All of these are freaking brilliant and tragically accurate. I do hope that they do more with Prime in the current Death Metal story arc and follow up stories. I always thought this was a character they could do more with but for some reason they just had to ruin it by giving him the personality of an angsty teen.

Quote Originally Posted by T-1000 View Post
    All of these are freaking brilliant and tragically accurate. I do hope that they do more with Prime in the current Death Metal story arc and follow up stories. I always thought this was a character they could do more with but for some reason they just had to ruin it by giving him the personality of an angsty teen.
    I have long suspected that Superboy-Prime is intended to be a parody of a certain type of comic book fan.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post

- Tantrum in Tartarus.
    - Hysterics in Hades
    - Infantile Inferno
    In issue #3, Etrigan trolls him the entire time, and Superboy Prime can't do **** about it.

It could end up like that O Henry story, "The Ransom of Red Chief." Superboy-Prime is eventually ejected from Hell because the ruling triumvirate got sick of his whining, boasting, and empty threats.

Isn't Superboy Prime a Pre-Crisis Kryptonian? I seem to recall from the glory days that such Kryptonians have a particularly sensitive magic allergy.

So even if the guy goes to Hell with all powers intact and functional, the place is presumably bristling with all manner of spell-casting devils and magical monstrosities.

Of course, on the other side of this is that as the continuity extends, Supermen of all stripes seem to get less allergic. For all I know, the guy could be at the point where magic, kryptonite and red sun radiation just tickles him.

Anyway, the point is, Hell sounds like a bad place to rumble if you've got a magic allergy. (If he still does.)
    Last edited by Shai-Hulud; 12-01-2020 at 01:09 PM.

Isn't Superboy Prime a Pre-Crisis Kryptonian?
    Ehhh. His performance has been wildly variable as far as living up to that, even from a page to the next.

I seem to recall from the glory days that such Kryptonians have a particularly sensitive magic allergy.
    For instance, in theory he specifically lacks the magic vulnerability, but then again he was recently KO'd by the sheer damage of a double "Shazam!" charge up.

magic, kryptonite and red sun radiation just tickles him.
    Kryptonite works fine on him if from his home reality, and red sun radiation in general works fine on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Ehhh. His performance has been wildly variable as far as living up to that, even from a page to the next.
    Especially after he was turned into an adult(he is technically a teen still iirc), didn't that supposedly give him a buff of sorts?

What was his very peak at anyway(disregarding temporary power-ups like during that one time he smacked around Mxy)?

Kryptonite works fine on him if from his home reality, and red sun radiation in general works fine on him.
    Wasn't his entire shtick during his early appearances being his immunity to red sunlight?
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Incredible Member

prime as a spirit will just get tortured by demons in hell.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    Wasn't his entire shtick during his early appearances being his immunity to red sunlight?
    Nope, a Post-Crisis universe native red sun was instrumental in depowering him in Infinite Crisis. Didn't happen immediately, but then again it didn't immediately depower the other two Supermen there either (who were shown as equals at times back then, event was a can of worms).

And afterwards, he was imprisoned in a red sun orbit, only released by Sinestro's Corps turning the sun yellow.
    Last edited by Wildling; 12-01-2020 at 09:57 PM.