Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    At the risk of opening a can of worms that might be better closed, what does Perlmutter have to do with this? I thought that was more to do with tensions between Marvel Studios under Kevin Feige and Marvel Television as headed by Jeph Loeb.
    As far as I understand it Loeb/Marvel TV wanted it to die off years before it did, but ABC kept renewing it

Also something about people thinking the Framework arc being a better Hydra takeover than Secret Empire somehow

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    As far as I understand it Loeb/Marvel TV wanted it to die off years before it did, but ABC kept renewing it

Also something about people thinking the Framework arc being a better Hydra takeover than Secret Empire somehow
    It was, at least in the sense that it was unequivocal about HYDRA basically being rebranded Nazis, whereas Secret Empire was trying to have it both ways with HYDRA allegedly distancing itself from its Nazi roots, but retaining the same tactics, methods, and even core ideologies.

That said, speaking of S.H.I.E.L.D., anyone read the Civil War issue of Marvel Snapshots that came out this week?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I read a review for it. They said it was meh

Astonishing Member

No, for years they thought they would be canceled, pushing until S4. S5 was when the writers thought would be the end, they got their 100 episode and wrote a legitimate series finale with Coulson's death. However, they got a last second series renewal and then another one after that which saw them come up with different ways to bring back Coulson. S7 was a second ending to the show.

Quote Originally Posted by MacrossPlus View Post
    I read a review for it. They said it was meh
    I read the comic myself, and it wasn't so bad, though given that it was set during Civil War, the writer went full-tilt on S.H.I.E.L.D. as a bunch of fascists.

It was, at least in the sense that it was unequivocal about HYDRA basically being rebranded Nazis, whereas Secret Empire was trying to have it both ways with HYDRA allegedly distancing itself from its Nazi roots, but retaining the same tactics, methods, and even core ideologies.

That said, speaking of S.H.I.E.L.D., anyone read the Civil War issue of Marvel Snapshots that came out this week?
    Yes, I started a thread on the Snapshot CW issue.

I read the comic myself, and it wasn't so bad, though given that it was set during Civil War, the writer went full-tilt on S.H.I.E.L.D. as a bunch of fascists.
    Not wrong there Huntsman. This issue would have fit into the event books, and perhaps because of the sympathetic necessity of Clyde Dobronski.

Ultimate Member

And making Coulson a willing agent of Mephisto (and implied to have murder at least one of the other AoS characters) was a hint that SHIELD was staying down for a while

I understand it might, like what happened to the Inhumans, be a result of Perlmutter being unhappy with AoS
    Who was Coulson implied to have killed?

...damn Aaron

Ultimate Member

Yeah, this.

"Totally not Nazis! But we have our own Hydra concentration camps, Hydra youth, what have you!"

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    Yes, I started a thread on the Snapshot CW issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    Not wrong there Huntsman. This issue would have fit into the event books, and perhaps because of the sympathetic necessity of Clyde Dobronski.
    Thanks, I posted to that thread, too, just before this, and yeah, I'd think the original Civil War might have been better served with a more humanizing element inside S.H.I.E.L.D. as part of that event. Of course, since the whole point of Civil War was to brutally allegorize how post-9/11 America had willfully exchanged liberty for security, or the perception thereof . . . that would likely be why we didn't get that in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Who was Coulson implied to have killed?

...damn Aaron
    I don't think the issue ever confirmed who it was Coulson killed.

Yeah, this.

"Totally not Nazis! But we have our own Hydra concentration camps, Hydra youth, what have you!"
    Exactly. That was one of the better reasons to be pissed about Secret Empire, in my humble opinion. If it was gonna be an allegory for the rise of fascism in America and use villains tied to a Nazi-spawned terrorist organization, it should have committed to that.

Ultimate Member

I don't think the issue ever confirmed who it was Coulson killed..
    What issue was this? Damn, someone's gonna have to do a fix job when Aaron finally leaves

Ultimate Member

Exactly. That was one of the better reasons to be pissed about Secret Empire, in my humble opinion. If it was gonna be an allegory for the rise of fascism in America and use villains tied to a Nazi-spawned terrorist organization, it should have committed to that.
    That, and lets not forget how the force field around the earth was treated as analogous to Trump's stupid border wall.

One's a racist waste of money, the other is actually a good idea when surrounded by fictional enemies and invasions twice a month.

That, and lets not forget how the force field around the earth was treated as analogous to Trump's stupid border wall.

One's a racist waste of money, the other is actually a good idea when surrounded by fictional enemies and invasions twice a month.
    Yeah, maybe, though I recall an earlier story arc where it was the aliens that wanted to cordon Earth off from the rest of the universe because they were sick of Earth's superheroes messing things up for them.

Ultimate Member

Yeah, maybe, though I recall an earlier story arc where it was the aliens that wanted to cordon Earth off from the rest of the universe because they were sick of Earth's superheroes messing things up for them.
    They wanted to do the entire system (Titan included, for example) AND dump all their criminals on earth, while earth was infected with an Ego spore.

Little different situation, that

Yeah, this.

that's the point
    they're not literally nazis because there was a plot thread about overthrowing red skull
    and then they do all the nazi stuff anyway
    that is the point that every stevil comic hammered in repeatedly
    that stevil thinks he is better but he's not
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate