View Poll Results: What Bronze Age Titles Would You Resurrect?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • KONG THE UNTAMED

0 0%
  • HERCULES UNBOUND

3 20.00%
  • TARZAN FAMILY

1 6.67%
  • KAMANDI

6 40.00%
  • RICHARD DRAGON, KUNG-FU FIGHTER

5 33.33%
  • THE LEGEND OF KING ARTHUR AND THE KNIGHTS OF THE ROUND TABLE

1 6.67%
  • BLITZKRIEG

1 6.67%
  • FOUR-STAR SPECTACULAR

4 26.67%
  • ISIS

6 40.00%
  • RAGMAN

5 33.33%
  • SECRET SOCIETY OF SUPER-VILLAINS

7 46.67%
  • STARFIRE

4 26.67%
  • SUPER FRIENDS

7 46.67%
  • WELCOME BACK, KOTTER

0 0%
  • ALL-STAR COMICS

9 60.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Default Which of These Bronze Age Titles Would You Resurrect and Why? Part 5

Continuing. Which of these Bronze Age titles would you bring back and what would you do with them? Pick as many as you like.

Retired

Obviously given what I said in the other thread, I'd like to see THE LEGEND OF KING ARTHUR AND THE KNIGHTS OF THE ROUND TABLE, but I'd want to see what Nestor Redondo did--and I'm not sure much of that exists. It's not a case where you can get the old band back together.

I would like to see David Michelinie and Bob Layton get together--perhaps with the help of modern creators--to tell us what was the interconnected story of CLAW THE UNCONQUERED, STAR HUNTERS and STARFIRE. Micheline said that he was weaving an interconnected universe but we never got to see how it all was supposed to come together,

TARZAN FAMILY was actually a continuation of KORAK, SON OF TARZAN--which itself began at Gold Key as EDGAR RICE BURROUGHS' KORAK, SON OF TARZAN. I always think of it in connection with SUPERMAN FAMILY which was a continuation of SUPERMAN'S PAL, JIMMY OLSEN.

FOUR-STAR SPECTACULAR was an odd duck. National Periodicals may have just cobbled this together as a way to use up a lot of reprint material, once they had given up their 100 Page Super-Spectacular format. There seemed to be no rhyme or reason why Superboy and Wonder Woman happened to be the recurring stars, with two other random stars making it four.

This batch had some books I really loved -- Ragman, Secret Society of Super Villains, Richard Dragon and, of course, All Star Comics. I wish I could go back to those days.
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Astonishing Member

All Star Comics it was like my first real access to the JSA and Earth Two which happens to be one of my favorite 3 franchises in the DCU (along with the GL and LSH ones). It held me over until Thomas' All Star Squadron which held me till Johns' JSA, which holds me til ???

Retired

Out of these titles, KAMANDI, THE LAST BOY ON EARTH, was my favourite. However, once Jack Kirby left and others took it over, I was let down, because they weren't Jack. I wanted to know where Kirby had intended to take Kamandi and we never got to see that. This was the case with all the projects that King Kirby launched in the 1970s. They all were headed in a clear direction toward some end point, but none of them got to reach that end point. And they never will, because Jack Kirby is long dead.

BLITZKRIEG was a short-lived underdog. I don't think enough people read it, to see what a great concept it was. It was a book I always looked forward to reading, during its brief time on this Earth.

Astonishing Member

Secret Society of Super Villains could be fun -- focusing on the lives of C-list villains. The kind who aren't crazed killers. I was a fan of the Bronze Age Star Sapphire, and was disappointed when Geoff Johns killed her off several years ago.

Isis could be fun, but I have a feeling it would get mired in politics, which wouldn't be fun.

ALL-STAR COMICS leads this one so far.