Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by PeterParked View Post
    At least the Marvel ones are not basically all clones of famous male characters.
    I mean, they're spinoffs of male heroes but distinct characters compared to them.

I don't think Batgirl and Supergirl are clones of Batman and Superman anymore than Ghost Spider and Ironheart are clones of Spider-Man and Iron Man (and they were both prominently featured in Marvel Rising).

I felt it was an incoherent strategy! What did Marvel do with this, release something every 6 months maybe sometimes! DC actually invested in releasing something ongoing, even when they rebooted it, they invested time in building up the reboot and putting out media that related to it!

Marvel's strategy for this felt like an afterthought that they could barely put time into it! That might be fixed if they get someone on this who knows how to build a series for kids properly across multiple media formats! Marvel needs to actually hire someone who can helm this properly!
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

I did think the franchise kind of shot itself in the foot from launch when they had such bright and colorful promotional art that didn't really match with the show's actual animation style other than the designs being the same, but promotional art for Marvel Animated stuff is often very inaccurate.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I did think the franchise kind of shot itself in the foot from launch when they had such bright and colorful promotional art that didn't really match with the show's actual animation style other than the designs being the same, but promotional art for Marvel Animated stuff is often very inaccurate.
    Stuff like does happen all the time between the first promotions to the final product.

If you saw some of the EARLY Disney Talespin stuff-you saw Kit Cloudkicker look WAY different then he did on the show. In fact if you look at certain episodes you can see the original Kit design in the background and he was even a rival of Kit in one episode.

Disney Fluffy Dogs from 1986-the toyline had a female dog that never made the pilot movie.

Defenders of the Earth had a females Flash Gordon as the daughter who become the Phantom's daughter.

Wheeled Warriors did NOT match the toys. The toys got made FIRST before the show was. That is why you never saw Jayce and the team as figures.

Melrose Place tossed out stuff with the original Billy AFTER he got replaced by Andrew Shue.

Thea showed a second daughter who NEVER made the aired pilot. Significance about that show is if it had survived 2 shows would have NOT existed and another would look way different. Thea was Brandy's first series and Cleavant Derricks played her uncle. The show got axed-Brandy became Moesha (spinoff The Parkers) and Cleavant went to Sliders the following season.

Kevin Feige took over and wanted a fresh slate, plus Marvel Animation was scuttling down so they probably couldn't keep the franchise going.
    Bingo. It's no shock the last short came out weeks after Feige took over the TV side and there's rumors Marvel Animation is doing a clean slate now that Spidey is done.

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    Bingo. It's no shock the last short came out weeks after Feige took over the TV side and there's rumors Marvel Animation is doing a clean slate now that Spidey is done.
    Supposedly they've got a "skeleton crew" working on that Spidey and his Amazing Friends cartoon, but there hasn't been much news about anything new animated related other than What If and the Hulu stuff.

I think they were actually still in the middle of producing more specials before Feige took over and cleaned the slate since there was an interview mentioning a scene involving a character coming out that never actually happened in any of the released specials. Amadeus Cho's Hulk also just randomly appeared in Marvel's Spider-Man so I was wondering if he was supposed to get his own special introducing him like Ironheart did.

Maybe Disney doesn't want Marvel female characters to overshadow their own princesess.

But I wonder how will everything go. WIth all the pandemic and seeing how the industry is cutting costs, I wonder if Disney will choose to eliminate that section of Marvel Studios and put everything under one only departament.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Maybe Disney doesn't want Marvel female characters to overshadow their own princesess.

But I wonder how will everything go. WIth all the pandemic and seeing how the industry is cutting costs, I wonder if Disney will choose to eliminate that section of Marvel Studios and put everything under one only departament.
    Isn't that what they've already done?

Supposedly they've got a "skeleton crew" working on that Spidey and his Amazing Friends cartoon, but there hasn't been much news about anything new animated related other than What If and the Hulu stuff.
    There was supposed to be a Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur cartoon as well.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    There was supposed to be a Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur cartoon as well.
    Which is being animated by Titmouse, so not produced in-house by Marvel Animation as far as I'm aware.