Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by a moment closer View Post
    Yes, this is what I'm thinking as well. Give the man room to complete his vision.

But, when it does become time for him to move on, I hope there isn't another grand architect to take his place. Give me some connective tissue between the books but let each book have its own vision. I don't need another 3 to 5 years of some singular story being told across all titles. It's great that we have Hickman and this kind of approach to the brand for the next few years but after that, I'm going to want a little more creative freedom from each book. Heck, give Duggan a few titles to work with that are closely telling the same overarching story, but only a few. Then give Cates a few and Ewing a couple to do the same thing. But then give a group of books to creatives that don't have to tie together any of their stories. I just hope that the House of X stays strong and varied and large in number. I want no less than 10 books at any given moment from the X Franchise moving forward. I can dream, right?!
    Definitely enjoying this era and don’t want it to end, but I see so many posters feeling down about the current run so I figured this would be a more positive outlet than just bashing on the current books.

Also that’s a really interesting idea! That way not everything would be forced to tie together but we could still get some cohesive stories across books when it makes sense.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    I would definitely be interested in Morrison coming back now that he has come out as non binary. I wonder if he would push barriers further these days more so than last time
    I was surprised by that, because their run was one of the most sexist and heteronormatives. Nothing that they made since then made me chance of idea
    I wouldn't like they coming back at all.
    corrected the pronouns

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Or this, I'd leave him on for as long as he feels all his tales and story threads have panned out .He's been great so far
    He et desinterest fast his best run was FF and he stayed years. His run has been very dissapointing. marel can spend their money better
    Last edited by baxer; 12-02-2020 at 08:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by baxer View Post
    I was surprised by that, because their run was one of the most sexist and heteronormatives. Nothing that they made since then made me chance of idea
    I wouldn't like they coming back at all.
    corrected the pronouns
    The heteronormative aspect was probably due to Marvel mandates. I’ve heard that his Doom Patrol had queer characters and storylines.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    The heteronormative aspect was probably due to Marvel mandates. I’ve heard that his Doom Patrol had queer characters and storylines.
    LOL so every bad aspect on it is marvel fault and not Morrison? I owuld believe but the rest of his work is on the same level even him with all the freedom.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Grant Morrison's New X-Men being "sexist and heteronormative" just sounds like "They didn't write want I wanted".

Doom Patrol was under Vertigo so that's where the leeway came from.
    "Cable was right!"

LOL so every bad aspect on it is marvel fault and not Morrison? I owuld believe but the rest of his work is on the same level even him with all the freedom.
    I literally didn’t mention the sexism you referred to or ANY other aspects of the run so idk how you came to this reaction based on my statement.

Even said “probably” because there’s no way to know exactly what went on behind the scenes.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Does not featuring queer characters automatically make Morrison's X-run bad?
    Because mainstream comics in general aren't consistently great with it, and neither is the X-Men IP in general, seems sort of weird to single out their run as heteronormative when the whole industry struggles with it.

Al Ewing is the only answer. Mike Carey for former writers.

I’m curious how Ayala will fare with their two books. They have a ton of work across all publishers rn so it’d be interesting what their focused, detailed vision would be.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Some people treat "putting the toys back in the box" as "destroy everything he himself built like it never happened", which is non-sense. After his F4 run ended, the Future Foundation was still there, after his Avengers run ended, AIM was still under Roberto's control, etc.
    I imagine Krakoa will still be around, but for a while, I see a mixture of traditional classic stories and what's currently happening. Maybe there's an uprising with Moira X or the Gates start breaking.
    I think if they go with that idea, Al Ewing or Tini Howard would be great for that.

I imagine Leah Williams would fit right at Home with an Astonishing X-men run, something that's not the flagship title, but has enough weight for it to be somebody's X-Men book. It all depends on not just when this run ends, but when the next run ends too. She'll be great in about 8 years or so when her writing edges out the rough stuff and has enough weight with these characters.

Basically, I think after Hickman, you need a transition run and I don't think Leah would suit that transition.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Grant Morrison's New X-Men being "sexist and heteronormative" just sounds like "They didn't write want I wanted".
    And 99% of the time, the complaint is about breaking up Scott & Jean, or how Emma is a bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Does not featuring queer characters automatically make Morrison's X-run bad?
    Because mainstream comics in general aren't consistently great with it, and neither is the X-Men IP in general, seems sort of weird to single out their run as heteronormative when the whole industry struggles with it.
    That's particularly non-sense considering this is a run from 2001-2004, when there were a lot less queer characters EVERYWHERE.

BANNED

I literally didn’t mention the sexism you referred to or ANY other aspects of the run so idk how you came to this reaction based on my statement.

Even said “probably” because there’s no way to know exactly what went on behind the scenes.
    Morrison fridged Jean and put Emma on her place, Beast being gay just to hurt his ex-girlfriend and having people tell him he isn't gay.

There is no way, but people always put the blame on bad things on editorial then later they said that he had total freedom.

sounds like people have no arguments against it

i'm not continuing this conversation, but people seems too agressive when someone talks badly about Morrison's run.

Quote Originally Posted by FFJamie94 View Post
    I imagine Krakoa will still be around, but for a while, I see a mixture of traditional classic stories and what's currently happening. Maybe there's an uprising with Moira X or the Gates start breaking.
    I think if they go with that idea, Al Ewing or Tini Howard would be great for that.

I imagine Leah Williams would fit right at Home with an Astonishing X-men run, something that's not the flagship title, but has enough weight for it to be somebody's X-Men book. It all depends on not just when this run ends, but when the next run ends too. She'll be great in about 8 years or so when her writing edges out the rough stuff and has enough weight with these characters.

Basically, I think after Hickman, you need a transition run and I don't think Leah would suit that transition.
    Oh no. her writing is a mess
    Last edited by baxer; 12-02-2020 at 11:47 AM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Morrison brought Jean back in "Here Comes Tomorrow" and the guys who did Warsong and Endsong (Pak?) killed Jean.

I'm pretty sure that "Hank being gay" was people taking the panel out of context.
    "Cable was right!"

BANNED

Morrison brought Jean back in "Here Comes Tomorrow" and the guys who did Warsong and Endsong (Pak?) killed Jean.

I'm pretty sure that "Hank being gay" was people taking the panel out of context.
    She wasn't back in here Comes Tomorrow, IDK why people try to Gaslight people.

Morrison fridged Jean and put Emma on her place, Beast being gay just to hurt his ex-girlfriend and having people tell him he isn't gay.

sounds like people have no arguments against it

i'm not continuing this conversation, but people seems too agressive when someone talks badly about Morrison's run.
    Again I LITERALLY didn't disagree with your sexism comment and only pointed to the fact that some of Morrison's work isn't heteronormative and mainstream Marvel comics in 2000 probably wouldn't be jumping up and down to add queer representation. I'm sorry you've had bad experiences with Morrison fans but you're the one coming off as aggressive.

Mighty Member

No, Jean died in Morrison's run, and that was mostly down to editorial who thought she was too powerful.
    Honestly, the love triangle between her, Emma and Scott towards the end is really my biggest complaint about the whole run. But I don't think fridging is inherently sexist, even those that coined the term say that, it's more "Here's a trend that happens". It's how it's used if it's sexist. I think that part is more open to interpretation as Jean was more in an egg coma than anything, hence the Phoenix Egg in Here Comes Tomorrow.

Emma being put in her place? I fail to see how, she got what she wanted in the end, and that was Scott. Honestly, she still comes off as more of an antagonist than anything.
    Beast being gay was one of those things I legit forgot about, I might need to read it up again but I think it was one of those things even Morrison gave up on because it seemed to have been dropped quietly and suddenly.