Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Amazing Member

Default Does Apocalypse know Cable is Cyclops' son that he infected with the tech virus?

My question is in the subject: Has Apocalypse (after all these decades of comics) put together that Cable is the baby son of Cyclops that he infected with the techno organic virus?

The reason I'm asking is because recent issues featuring "kid" Cable seem to imply that the Askani future is still a possible future for the Marvel timeline. Even the recent "History of the Marvel Universe" comic with Galactus and Franklin Richards seemed to imply the Askani timeline was the ultimate future of the Marvel universe. We had kid Stryfe and kid Cable traveling back and forth from the Askani timeline to the current comics timeline as if it was all the same timeline in recent issues.

Kid Stryfe got mindwiped before being sent off to become the adult Stryfe that everyone knows. Kid Cable is still around in Krakoa, but presumably he will have to get a memory wipe or suppression once he gets sent off to become adult Cable. But what about Apocalypse?

A key element of the Askani Timeline was that Apocalypse didn't know the non-infected baby he found wasn't Cable. He thought it was baby Cable who somehow survived techno organic infection and named him Stryfe. But that all goes out the window if Apocalypse knows the whole history of kid Cable/Cable in the current timeline. Apocalypse would also need a memory wipe if he knows Cable's history and the Askani timeline is still a possible future.

Thoughts?

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yistaan View Post
    My question is in the subject: Has Apocalypse (after all these decades of comics) put together that Cable is the baby son of Cyclops that he infected with the techno organic virus?

The reason I'm asking is because recent issues featuring "kid" Cable seem to imply that the Askani future is still a possible future for the Marvel timeline. Even the recent "History of the Marvel Universe" comic with Galactus and Franklin Richards seemed to imply the Askani timeline was the ultimate future of the Marvel universe. We had kid Stryfe and kid Cable traveling back and forth from the Askani timeline to the current comics timeline as if it was all the same timeline in recent issues.

Kid Stryfe got mindwiped before being sent off to become the adult Stryfe that everyone knows. Kid Cable is still around in Krakoa, but presumably he will have to get a memory wipe or suppression once he gets sent off to become adult Cable. But what about Apocalypse?

A key element of the Askani Timeline was that Apocalypse didn't know the non-infected baby he found wasn't Cable. He thought it was baby Cable who somehow survived techno organic infection and named him Stryfe. But that all goes out the window if Apocalypse knows the whole history of kid Cable/Cable in the current timeline. Apocalypse would also need a memory wipe if he knows Cable's history and the Askani timeline is still a possible future.

Thoughts?
    Also note that Cable (by time travel) also infected Apocalypse with the techonorganic virus in the past. So it's full circle.

I would say the Askani timeline is moot at this point. Given that Apocalypse has firtshand knowledge that Cable is Cable, that Rachel arrives in that timeline as the Phoenix avatar and begins the Order of Askani and Askani Sisterhood, all of these things he would undo. But he hasn't. And given that Kid Cable is now occupying a similar space the the displaced O5 did in the books, there will be no impact unless someone decides to change what Hickman has put forth.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yistaan View Post
    Yes. It came up during Onslaught.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Your guess is as good as anyone's thanks to recent arbitrary retcons the readership wasn't really privy to?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SanityOrMadness View Post
    Oh ok thanks, I will have to reread that. Strange how kid Stryfe and kid Cable just hop back and forth like the Askani timeline is still Marvel's future then.

I wouldn’t even try to keep it straight at this point or worry about it. Kid Cable is just so dumb as a concept and complicates everything, so I’m just chalking it up to Cable’s future is now an alt future and nothing about it matters anymore. R.I.P., OG Cable, you bad MFer you.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Why wouldn't Apocalypse know that at this point?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Why wouldn't Apocalypse know that at this point?
    My question was more how is Askani timeline still a possible future (with kid Stryfe easily traveling back from it to the current time, and the History of the Marvel Universe strongly implying the Askani timeline is in the future) if Apocalypse doesn't know Cable = infected baby in the Askani timeline?

Yes, and he doesn't care.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Yes, and he doesn't care.
    Until Pama and Mama Summers unceremoniously blow up Poccy's family to protect their son.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Until Pama and Mama Summers unceremoniously blow up Poccy's family to protect their son.
    My body is honestly ready. Despite how weird XoS has been I’m excited for the ending.

Quote Originally Posted by SanityOrMadness View Post
    What issue is that

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    I would say the Askani timeline is moot at this point. Given that Apocalypse has firtshand knowledge that Cable is Cable, that Rachel arrives in that timeline as the Phoenix avatar and begins the Order of Askani and Askani Sisterhood, all of these things he would undo. But he hasn't. And given that Kid Cable is now occupying a similar space the the displaced O5 did in the books, there will be no impact unless someone decides to change what Hickman has put forth.
    Given that Kid Cable's actions are shown to influence older Cable's actions, and it was canon in Brisson's X-Force, it still exists and still is a current future. The interesting question that raises is what if Moira wants the Askani future? It's further ahead than any timeline she's seen and mutants beat humans in that one.

In regards to Apocalypse knowing that Nathan is the baby... maybe? You have to remember that by the time the Askani timeline occurs and Apocalypse gets Stryfe, he could just be assuming that the future has changed (a whole past is prologue thing) and he has a fresh chance with Cable. After all, Apocalypse always knew that the baby comes back as Cable and that Cable was Traveler.
    Last edited by Drexelhand; 11-18-2020 at 08:28 PM.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post
    In regards to Apocalypse knowing that Nathan is the baby... maybe? You have to remember that by the time the Askani timeline occurs and Apocalypse gets Stryfe, he could just be assuming that the future has changed (a whole past is prologue thing) and he has a fresh chance with Cable. After all, Apocalypse always knew that the baby comes back as Cable and that Cable was Traveler.
    I suppose Apocalypse could just be desperate to have a new body to transfer into and not worry about the temporal confusion of it all. He didn't have a choice anyway; if he ignored the kid Ch'vayre gave him, he'd just die. But there's no way Apocalypse should have been as confident as he was in Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix if he remembered at all that Cable grew up and went back in time without any indication of Apocalypse possession.

One thing I could think up was that maybe Apocalypse was trying to "change" the timeline without actually changing his past. He was going to possess who he thought was Cyclops and Jean's son, who he named Stryfe, then make a clone and infect that with the techno-organic virus to send back in time to become the Cable he remembered, thus keeping everything intact.
    Last edited by Yistaan; 11-18-2020 at 09:11 PM.

Yeah he knows. The Memories and dna are saved in the techno organic blood. So if he has cables T.o. Then he would know everything about him