Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Default Current Marvel writer that you would want to take over after Hickman?

I’m currently loving this era, but I know there are some fans that are less than pleased. Out of Marvel’s current writers who would you like to see take charge of the X-books? What would your ideal story pitch be?

Gerry Duggan? I'm not sure if he's a "flagship" writer but he seems to love the X-Men.

Al Ewing could probably do a smooth transition from Hickman while maybe going a bit more traditional if that's the direction Marvel wants to take it.

I guess if we're passing the baton to "name" writers it's probably likely Donny Cates unless he's saving for Spider-Man once Nick Spencer leaves. I'm not sure I see Spencer taking over X-Men even if he wrote the first 12 issues of the Ultimate Comics X-Men.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Ewing really is the one guy who thinks big enough to be an adequate replacement.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Ewing. For sure.

Dang, let the man finish his story first! I'm sure he's got at least a year or two more in the tank.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Donny Cates and Tom Taylor.

Ewing has already transitioned Hickman's ideas after Secret Wars with Ultimates and New Avengers so he's the right successor. But I don't expect any change in at least two or three years.

Donny Cates would be terrible, please don't.

Mighty Member

None.

They'd all feel pressured to copy him probably.

Bring in new talent.

Yeah, I think Ewing's the best bet. Even putting aside his big ideas and the fact that he's getting an X-book, he's also pretty good at representing minorities, so he'd probably write those existing characters well while also introducing more.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Dang, let the man finish his story first! I'm sure he's got at least a year or two more in the tank.
    This but since Zeb Wells is writing my favorite mutant book right now, Hellions, why not give him a shot?

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Donny Cates and Tom Taylor.
    Donny Cates Wolverine...

Like him or not but I am sure that Cates would be able to deliever a fresh and cool take on X-Men.

BANNED

I'd just let Percy do it.

Hoo boy, isn't that the million dollar question. Because it will be a hard act to follow. Even if I'm not totally loving all aspects of the current era, I can acknowledge it's a huge landmark run. Also the next major era will likely coincide with the MCU mutants and will need to reflect that.

I have to agree Al Ewing seems like the natural choice, though I hope we continue to see this showrunner/writing room aspect in the future books to get more collaboration and multiple voices over multiple books.

Hoping we keep seeing work from Vita Ayala, Zeb Wells, Leah Williams, Jerry Duggan. Hope to see maybe some revisits from Tom Taylor and Kelly Thompson.

Ewing or Gillen.