Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Al Ewing, Tom Taylor, Gerry Duggan, Si Spurrier, and Vita Ayala.

That should be the x-writers room after Hickman leaves.

I would LOVE to see Grant Morrison coming back for a while to do a second run after Hickman.

In general I think if writers would get more freedom to do with the status quo whatever they like (like Hickman has), I'm sure we would get better comics...

I would like to see what a writer like Rick Remender would do to the X-Men if we could do whatever he pleases with them. I'm not sure he is the best writer for the X-Men as a "marginalized minority group" (he really does not get it) though but he knows how to craft a complex story.
    Last edited by Exodus; 12-01-2020 at 11:30 PM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by baxer View Post
    Each of the team played a role, now it is complicated to characters development with 7 characters in 11 issues. Storm did her own thing, Gaby gave ideas, Gambit fought for someone else.

Well his story doesn't interest me, Apocalypse is a genocidal, Saturnyne still in love with same man after deades of him not caring for her, really laughable chaarcterization.
    Really criticize a book for being a solo, while saying that x-men was never mean to be a team book. use the same standarts to criticize
    Apocalypse has basically genocide in his name... the marvel universe exists from 7 to 10 years, not decades.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    I would LOVE to see Grant Morrison coming back for a while to do a second run after Hickman.

In general I think if writers would get more freedom to do with the status quo whatever they like (like Hickman has), I'm sure we would get better comics...

I would like to see what a writer like Rick Remender would do to the X-Men if we could do whatever he pleases with them. I'm not sure he is the best writer for the X-Men as a "marginalized minority group" (he really does not get it) though but he knows how to craft a complex story.
    I would definitely be interested in Morrison coming back now that they have come out as non binary. I wonder if they would push barriers further these days more so than last time
    Last edited by Silvermoth; 12-03-2020 at 11:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Carey did well too.
    I liked Carey… but for me, it is less a matter of an author and more what to do with the X-men.

I think stories would be more interesting with less characters and subjects more varied… I find the persecutions/reactions quite boring to read.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    I'd just let Percy do it.
    He's going to make them all SWINGERS.

Mighty Member

Grant Morrison doing a second run would be fun. I recently read their New X-Men stuff and liked it a lot, so if they made a comeback, I wouldn't be unhappy with that. My question is, would they be happy going back to Marvel after what happened with them?
    I guess Marvel has changed a lot in the 16 years since New X-Men left, I think they said they are done with long mainstream comics however.

Ben Percy would made a decent writer on the main X-Title. I'm enjoying his X-Force and Wolverine enough and would like to see how he does without being part of a bigger picture story.

Spectacular Member

I would prefer some new or relatively new and interesting voice like Leah Williams or G. Willow Wilson, perhaps even both of them, to another run by someone from the "50yo white males club" honestly. Ewing Immortal Hulk is great, but the same can't be said of his other books, they are all nice to good books but business as usual, not very innovative stuff. And X-Men is all about intolerance and emargination so the perspective of someone with first hand experience would be interesting to see.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Morrison of course would be awesome, specially having a chance to explore Krakoa and ideas that came from it, but there's no way in hell he'll ever work at Marvel again, at least not when much of the leadership from his time is still around.

After reading a summary of King in Black, I am even more scared of the possibility that it is Donny Cates.

Astonishing Member

Would love me some more Rick Remender

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Give Hickman a second term.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Would love me some more Rick Remender
    He deadass ain't coming back unless Marvel gets rehauled.
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Give Hickman a second term.
    Or this, I'd leave him on for as long as he feels all his tales and story threads have panned out .He's been great so far

From day one, Hickman said he’d “put the toys back in the box” when he was done. So hopefully that doesn’t mean he intends to undo all of the Krakoa stuff. I like the general status quo... even if some of the things like the resurrections might go, I hope the island gets to stay. Then the next writer can do whatever he or she wants with whoever they want and leave the rest on the island (assuming they’d want to do something more traditional). I love the current status quo, but I also liked when you KNEW who the X-Men were. I remember when it was a big deal when Cannonball finally graduated to being a full fledged X-Man. The past ten-twenty years or so, anyone within shouting distance could be an X-Man.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Some people treat "putting the toys back in the box" as "destroy everything he himself built like it never happened", which is non-sense. After his F4 run ended, the Future Foundation was still there, after his Avengers run ended, AIM was still under Roberto's control, etc.