Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Hoping Hickman is here for another 4-5 years at least. There's so much potential in this run. After that.. who knows? Maybe Ewing or someone who's not even on the radar right now

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Depending on when it happens, I don't want some "visionary" to come in and change everything again. I'd rather have a strong editor and creator-collaboration than one single person running things. Mutants are in a good place with a ton of potential. They should just try to build on it and explore the concept for the next decade.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Huge fan of Morrison's run, and I've gone on record to state how much I enjoyed his writing.

However there were multiple instances of him making statements regarding Jean that can be seen as fridging and even if you did not read those interviews. The writers, editors, and team at Marvel went out of their ways, to state verbatim that "fridging" Jean was the natural progression of Scott's character. They used Morrison's run to legitimize his relationship to Emma, I distinctly remember Matt Fraction reducing Emma and Jean to accessories for Scott, making the statement "If he has steak, why would he need lobster". It was a weird time, and whether you place the blame at the feet of Morrison or Marvel, around the time of his run and certainly thereafter Marvel as a whole thought Jean had to die so Scott could finally move on with his life and step into the hero she kept him from being.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Huge fan of Morrison's run, and I've gone on record to state how much I enjoyed his writing.

However there were multiple instances of him making statements regarding Jean that can be seen as fridging and even if you did not read those interviews. The writers, editors, and team at Marvel went out of their ways, to state verbatim that "fridging" Jean was the natural progression of Scott's character. They used Morrison's run to legitimize his relationship to Emma, I distinctly remember Matt Fraction reducing Emma and Jean to accessories for Scott, making the statement "If he has steak, why would he need lobster". It was a weird time, and whether you place the blame at the feet of Morrison or Marvel, around the time of his run and certainly thereafter Marvel as a whole thought Jean had to die so Scott could finally move on with his life and step into the hero she kept him from being.
    Toxic ideas doesn't come out of nowhere. I was not surprised that toxics stories came out from another toxic story.
    I know that people lobe Morrison, but even our favorites have problems. yeah, your fave is problematic haha
    There is some myth with writers like Morrison that they can't do not wrong and everyone else is wrong.

Morrison run was responsible for 15 years of fridging and disrespect. the worse is that no one ever apologize for it
    i know that Fration went really woke lately because he had a daughter

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Lol baxter why would you argue with someone saying Morrison brought Jean Grey back at the end of the run?
    baxer, I messed up my username. I guess I read the wrong issue from a paralel earth
    Last edited by baxer; 12-04-2020 at 11:32 AM.

Do you know where Fraction said that? I don't recall that statement. He commented on Jean and Scott being a high school sweet heart relationship and Emma being a grown up relationship where he found his true match. But don't recall that comparison at all.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Ewing or Gillen.
    seconded !

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Where are the interviews?
    It's not outside the realm of possibility for Morrison to say that at all, but I've seen comments like that a lot on this forum but no solid quotes or links.
    I have an easy time believing the rest of Marvel said that though.

Al Ewing would absolutely be my first choice followed by Carey or Wells.

I just want Hickman to be done ASAP.

If the “Hickman Era” were to continue, Gillen.

If there’s a “Reset to Status Quo”, Ewing.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Hoping Hickman is here for another 4-5 years at least. There's so much potential in this run. After that.. who knows? Maybe Ewing or someone who's not even on the radar right now
    Same here. But things could change. I don't want to think of the next person before we are done but it would make more sense to me if one of the people he is working for takes over so i'm going with either Vita of Leah. Tini would prob be good too as she seems great with idea for others to flash out. How ever it is i hope they keep this unified director/writers aspect.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I'm definitely happy to have Hickman around for several more years but when the time comes... hmm I recently binge-read Immortal Hulk for the first time so I'm feeling very partial to Al Ewing. I've also been a fan of Nick Spencer's for years, love his Amazing Spider-Man and also remember his short Ultimate X-Men run fondly.

Outside of the current Marvel crop, my #1 choices would be Geoff Johns and Joshua Dysart. Geoff is amazing at world-building, team books and character work and has actually been my pick for head-X-writer for years alongside Hickman, so maybe I'll get lucky twice . Dysart I assume is totally uninterested in the Big 2, but he would be such a perfect fit for the X-Men: everyone who hasn't done so please do yourself a favour and read his Harbinger saga from Valiant and tell me that's not everything an X-Men book should be.

Generally speaking, I'm very happy with the current setup with a "Head of X" writer working closely with their editors and fellow X-writers to create a cohesive narrative running along closely-connected X-books. I always hated when writers did their own thing ignoring each other and keeping to their characters and plots only. With the X-Men remaining a focus for Marvel hopefully for a long time to come I sincerely hope the X-office will still be allowed big budgets to hire big-name creators to drive the books alongside talented newcomers.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I don't know Necieza just popped in my head since he's been doing Juggernaut and he wrote some pretty memorable stories (with Lobdell), but many people don't seem to like that other writer. I liked him fine though looking at his overall contribution most things X. Marvel would have went ahead with what they did with Excalibur without him.

All-New Member

Al Ewing, Donny Cates.