Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Ewing makes sense, would love to see Tom Taylor back. But I think someone like G Willow or Saladin Ahmed would do well. His Exiles run was great.

Actually, the more I think about it, despite there being some big talent at Marvel, I'd rather it not be a straight white dude helming it. See what that would change.

Mighty Member

I'd go with Ewing, he'd be a great fit I think and be very mindful of Marvel history.
    Cates is a terrible choice, but he'd fit a Wolverine title very well (I'm a Cates fan, but his team books are nowhere near his solo books).

Although I know he is at DC, if Snyder ever comes over to Marvel, I imagine he would bring a killer X-Men pitch.

Edit. I saw someone mention Saladin Ahmen and that might be another good choice.
    That Exiles run was underappreciated (although some of the scripting could have done with another draft).
    A part of me thinks that Hickman is gearing Tini Howard to eventually take over.
    Last edited by FFJamie94; 12-01-2020 at 04:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    None.

They'd all feel pressured to copy him probably.

Bring in new talent.
    Did they copy him after he left the Avengers and they took over the line? Why would they be expected to do so now?

I don't see why all the love for Taylor - what did he write? X-Men Red and Wolverine? it seems to me that anyone but Ewing would be a step down from Hickman, Taylor included, even on a purely craft-level.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Ewing makes sense, would love to see Tom Taylor back. But I think someone like G Willow or Saladin Ahmed would do well. His Exiles run was great.

Actually, the more I think about it, despite there being some big talent at Marvel, I'd rather it not be a straight white dude helming it. See what that would change.
    Taylor back would be great for sure, but not after Hickman. Same for Cates, he is great but I Prefer someone make a run before him to cleanse the palate. I don't get why people think he is awful LOL

G Willow Wilson didn't impress me outside of Ms Marvel and she is too slow

I would like to Rosenberg get a real shot on X-men, that uncanny run was a fake one.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    I don't see why all the love for Taylor - what did he write? X-Men Red and Wolverine? it seems to me that anyone but Ewing would be a step down from Hickman, Taylor included, even on a purely craft-level.
    Both nwe wolverine and Red were good books and he also has many hits over DC
    Both nwe wolverine and Red were good books and he also has many hits over DC. he has a better curriculum Vitae than Hickman hahaha

Ewing seems to be a favorite, it would be a great choice.
    Last edited by baxer; 12-01-2020 at 04:42 PM.

People liked his Dceased mini. Personally i think that his stuff is meh, most of the time.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    People liked his Dceased mini. Personally i think that his stuff is meh, most of the time.
    taylor has lot of hits, most impressive is transform a ridicuous game on a eries of successful books. IDK why people like to diminish him so much, he leaves nothing to Hickman

His X-men Red was fantastic with great ideas but Im not sure that would be enough for him to spearhead the line. He should be writing an ongoing though

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Yeah, that's generally my assessment of his work too. I read X-Men Red and was left thoroughly disappointed. I think his DC work has been better than his Marvel work (although that's not saying much IMO), and he seems to be more comfortable(?) with AU books. I won't hold Injustice against him, I am diametrically opposed to the premise of that entire travesty.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    His X-men Red was fantastic with great ideas but Im not sure that would be enough for him to spearhead the line. He should be writing an ongoing though
    I usually agree with you, but I just don't get the love for that book. Can't account for taste I guess (self-deprecating, I'm clearly in the minority).
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

When given free license, Taylor writes stories with large numbers of characters with plenty of actual character development and willingness to make changes. His 2 X books were filled with optimism and a sense of progress. He would be great. He's like an anti-Hickman, who's writing is usually really pessimistic.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Ewing or Wells would be the best choices.

I'd ideally like Hickman and Ewing to go over to DC though. Aside from Waid most likely getting Superman in March, these are the only mainstream "big name" writers I would want writing the Man of Steel.

Quote Originally Posted by baxer View Post
    taylor has lot of hits, most impressive is transform a ridicuous game on a eries of successful books. IDK why people like to diminish him so much, he leaves nothing to Hickman
    IDK, the well is so thoroughly poisoned for Injustice's continuity but even then what I've seen of the comics doesn't indicate Taylor is helping the situation there at all. Was it his idea to turn Steve Trevor into a Nazi?

Kyle and Yost and Gillien

Mighty Member

For those saying Cates, he'd never want to do X-Men, he has said himself he doesn't like doing team books as he doesn't feel they are his best works. It's theorised he only took Guardians because it allowed him to do Silver Surfer Black.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FFJamie94 View Post
    For those saying Cates, he'd never want to do X-Men, he has said himself he doesn't like doing team books as he doesn't feel they are his best works. It's theorised he only took Guardians because it allowed him to do Silver Surfer Black.
    Alright, this is a good reason for him not helming X-men.

Ok that Hickman also is bad on team books it. So why not?

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    When given free license, Taylor writes stories with large numbers of characters with plenty of actual character development and willingness to make changes. His 2 X books were filled with optimism and a sense of progress. He would be great. He's like an anti-Hickman, who's writing is usually really pessimistic.
    And that is a lot better than what Hickman delivers, impossible be a downgrade. I think he won't do it because Marve would ask him to sign exclusivity and he already said that he doesn't want to go exclusive.
    Also his niche for now is out of continuity tales like DCeased.
    So people can breathe and chill, that won't happen so soon.
    Last edited by baxer; 12-01-2020 at 05:26 PM.