Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by baxer View Post

By not having Gender traditional roles and beats, no fridging of female characters.
    Ok, just FYI heteronormativity is primarily used when talking about sexual orientation and the intersection of those issues with gender. Seems like you were really talking about sexism.

While Grant Morrison did inject the X-Men with new life, looking back, his writing of the X-Men just doesn’t gel with me personally. He did a great job on JLA, IMO, however. So no, I would absolutely not want him back on X-Men unless he did a one-two issue Legends arc, since that’s the era he already built.

Mighty Member

Everybody knows that Jean on the future was alive and that matters zero to the fridging. She still did stuff on future but it was limited to come back to present to make Scott stop feeling pain and accept he is a X-men leader. So it was all about him, just make it more fridging

it is back trcking because eeryone knows where it matters she isn't alive. Future isn't set on stone and the here

comes tomorrow future doesn't exist.

By not having Gender traditional roles and beats, no fridging of female characters.

Now i'm serious, I won't discuss this anymore. Morrison is retiring from mainstream comics so hewon't come back to write X-men.
    *They
    Please correct yourself if you can

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    No, Morrison should be able to tell the story they wanted. Other writers ignoring what they blatantly set up with Jean and the Phoenix is not on them
    It is totally on they, they killed and put Jean on a sexist narrative. the reach to not get Morrison blamed

Quote Originally Posted by FFJamie94 View Post
    *They
    Please correct yourself if you can
    I don't do that on purpose

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Ok, just FYI heteronormativity is primarily used when talking about sexual orientation and the intersection of those issues with gender. Seems like you were really talking about sexism.
    Maybe, I see many people using on similar sense that I also use. Many times sexism and heteronormativity intersection
    Last edited by baxer; 12-02-2020 at 01:29 PM.

Oh no, Spirit is back on this yet again

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    While Grant Morrison did inject the X-Men with new life, looking back, his writing of the X-Men just doesn’t gel with me personally. He did a great job on JLA, IMO, however. So no, I would absolutely not want him back on X-Men unless he did a one-two issue Legends arc, since that’s the era he already built.
    I wouldn't mind to see a bit of what he was planning, but how the heck it is going to fit continuity?

I wouldn't mind to see a bit of what he was planning, but how the heck it is going to fit continuity?
    Well, I didn’t mean things he wanted to do, as they would contradict what came later.. but maybe an untold tale or something. Best to let sleeping dogs lie, I suppose.

Why there is no "you is" and "they is" in English when somebody is only talking about ONE person!?
    Is that mean in the future there won't be "I am idiot!", only "We are idiots!"!?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    Well, I didn’t mean things he wanted to do, as they would contradict what came later.. but maybe an untold tale or something. Best to let sleeping dogs lie, I suppose.
    I guess so. I would like to know what he would do (it doesn't need to be a comic book, just a outline would be a good for me) but the Legends premise say that it has to be in continuity, it makes harder to fit.
    IDK about a untold tale, Legends premise this to finish what they couldnt do. For Nicieza it was a extra Summer brother on Adam-X

Quote Originally Posted by ETMike1988 View Post
    Why there is no "you is" and "they is" in English when somebody is only talking about ONE person!?
    Is that mean in the future there won't be "I am idiot!", only "We are idiots!"!?
    It's because when a person identify as non-binary they usually ask to use THEY/THEM as pronoum. It's confunsing for people that doesn't know, but we will get used to that
    Last edited by baxer; 12-02-2020 at 02:37 PM.

It's because when a person identify as non-binary they usually ask to use THEY/THEM as pronoum. It's confunsing for people that doesn't know, but we will get used to that
    But why use "they are" instead of "they is" when we only talking about ONE person!? So the problem for me is not with the THEY but with the ARE!

So using only WE ARE, YOU ARE and THEY ARE and nothing else (for me) is the sign of the Death of the Individuality, the Death of the Independent Personality and the Age of the Assimilation!

By the way I am an agender "guy". Or is "earthling" a valid gender!?
    Last edited by ETMike1988; 12-02-2020 at 02:12 PM.

Hating this Era.

Chris Claremont. I need my Rico and Ziggy back!

Ewing. Eve Ewing.
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

BANNED

Lol baxter why would you argue with someone saying Morrison brought Jean Grey back at the end of the run?

Quote Originally Posted by EldonMaguan View Post
    He's going to make them all SWINGERS.
    If you ask some of the fandom, they already are lol
    Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; 12-03-2020 at 08:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Ewing. Eve Ewing.
    Are Al and Eve Ewing related to each other!? I don't want to bother poor Google with this question.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ETMike1988 View Post
    Are Al and Eve Ewing related to each other!?
    Nein.

10char
    "Cable was right!"