Default DCeased Dead Planet #6 Discussion and Spoilers

Alright I will say this that with this issue we are definitely crashing into the conclusion that has been building up since the survivors and new generation of heroes returned to the earth back in issue 1. Big story moments are happening with all the storylines coming together with big implications for the series overall as only one issue is left to see how all it will go down. Honestly I love this series, mainly because its managed to be more then just an average gore and guts zombie story to me, it focuses a lot on heroes doing good and is pretty specific to the dc universe, if you haven't been reading this series you should.

spoilers:
    Alright so this issue basically establishes one big race against the clock, the heroes have the cure but don't know how to make it or if it will work, the villains have unleashed the Amazos to wipeout the anti-living, and Trigon has risen to lay waste to the earth to claim the souls of the anti-living. Luckily the heroes have some of their brightest on the cure while Constantine is ready for Trigon.

The cure is created, and the heroes agree to test it out on Big Barda for safety, which ends up working and the heroes now have a working cure to help save what is left of humanity...now they just need to get it to them before Trigon and Amazo Army wipes them out. Luckily they have Wallace West, the Fastest Man Left Alive and pretty much manufactured as much cure as they need with Cyborg while others are going to hold off the Amazo army. Because apparently the hope is that once the anti-living are cured, they won't be targets for the Amazos any more.

That just leaves Trigon, who Constantine has been preparing for, he just needs one more thing....the helmet of Dr. Fate. And so Constantine, with a little help from the Phantom Stranger, literally stabs Fate for his help and removes it with the power of Shazam, which he can apparently do for some odd reason. Armed with The Helmet of Fate, The cloak of Ragman, the Power of Shazam, and whatever else he may have up his sleeve Constantine flys off to pretty much fight the devil himself. Oh and it becomes pretty clear that the narrator has been Zatanna.

So yeah only one issue left to go and it means heroes trying to cure humans as fast as they can while holding off Amazos while Constantine goes and fights Trigon. Who is to say what will happen at this point but I am enjoying the ride.
    end of spoilers
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Which begs the question, what happens with Anti Life Superman and Darkseid?

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Which begs the question, what happens with Anti Life Superman and Darkseid?
    Find out in DC3ased!

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I think the well is fast running dry with these books. I give props to Taylor for double-dipping with his newly created Suicide Squad B-team though. He's made a valiant attempt to get those characters to stick when most new characters die quick deaths.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Find out in DC3ased!
    Did Cassie die yet? He has another arm to one-shot a Wonder Woman with. Ugh. Goddammit, Taylor.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Did Cassie die yet? He has another arm to one-shot a Wonder Woman with. Ugh. Goddammit, Taylor.
    No she is still very much alive as of this issue. The only one who took any hits this issue was Dr. Fate and that was pretty much on Constantine and the Phantom Stranger.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.