Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Endings they should have changed?

I wish they'd changed the ending of Scream 4. I would have loved an unsettling ending where the killer got away with it and achieved celebrity status...

and YOU?

They should have changed the ending to Neon Genesis Evangelion. Don't get me started on it

Rambo.

The original ending was deemed “too depressing” by test screening audiences. But it wasn’t supposed to be an uplifting ending. And it sure wasn’t meant to inspire what Rambo became.

So, I guess they shouldn’t have changed it.

Extraordinary Member

I know I'm in the minority, but I wanted Julia Roberts' character to get the guy in My Best Friend's Wedding.

It ruined it for me when he ended up with Cameron Diaz's character.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Buffy season 7 needed another pass for like...all of it, but the last episode especially could have been more coherent. The empowering potentials is a great idea, but seems superfluous to defeating the First when Wolfram and Hart's Deus Ex Machina necklace did all the work.

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    They should have changed the ending to Neon Genesis Evangelion. Don't get me started on it
    That's what the End of Evangelion was for. And it was great

Extraordinary Member

Looking back I wish Terminator 2 had kept its original ending showing old Sarah Conors narrating in the better future so that there would be no more Terminator sequels.

I wish Batman Forever would have ended Batman, I mean they could have released Robin and Batgirl right after it as the next movie thus giving Batman a break for awhile but we know that could never have happened. Batman is Forever.
    Last edited by Klowneer; 12-02-2020 at 12:16 PM.
    Because we are snakes in a river of pain. You have never seen art til you have seen a painted ghoul.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Rambo.

The original ending was deemed “too depressing” by test screening audiences. But it wasn’t supposed to be an uplifting ending. And it sure wasn’t meant to inspire what Rambo became.

So, I guess they shouldn’t have changed it.
    The original ending is also somewhat a toned down version of the novel version I think...and slightly ambiguous as to whether Rambo or Trautman pulled the trigger (Trautman appears somewhat startled so probably Rambo).
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

While far from the worst ending I've seen, the ending to Supernatural could have been SO much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    That's by far the ending who makes the most sens out of the countless versions they milked out of that franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    The original ending is also somewhat a toned down version of the novel version I think...and slightly ambiguous as to whether Rambo or Trautman pulled the trigger (Trautman appears somewhat startled so probably Rambo).
    Oof, it's been too long since I've read it to say.

The Wolverine. I really enjoy the first 3/4ths of that movie. That ending is beyond dumb. The Mech has got to go, maybe change the actual silver Samurais story. I think he was the archer in that movie and kinda just protected Mariko from a distance. Work him more into the story and make him a mutant. Have Shingen manipulating them against each other so he can steal Logan powers. Instead of him getting in a mech suit , cutting off his claws and suckkng his power out through his broken claws . Didn't give this much thought but yea iono. Idc just page 1 rewrite the entire ending of that film.

Extraordinary Member

The Terminator is one of my favorite films of all time but I wish that Kyle Reese had not died in that film. I loved his character and would've been great to see him and Sarah continue to fight together in the sequels.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    The Wolverine. I really enjoy the first 3/4ths of that movie. That ending is beyond dumb. The Mech has got to go, maybe change the actual silver Samurais story. I think he was the archer in that movie and kinda just protected Mariko from a distance. Work him more into the story and make him a mutant. Have Shingen manipulating them against each other so he can steal Logan powers. Instead of him getting in a mech suit , cutting off his claws and suckkng his power out through his broken claws . Didn't give this much thought but yea iono. Idc just page 1 rewrite the entire ending of that film.
    I know I'm in the unpopular opinion camp of liking the Mecha Silver Samurai, but it was tonally out of place with the movie up to that point.

A good idea poorly executed. The movie really does take a wild downturn in quality at the end.