Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
I always took the activation of all of the Potential Slayers to be less about fighting The First, and more about the fact that Buffy wouldn't be alone in her calling anymore. Of course, that just makes The First superfluous.
Another ending where I saw lots of foreshadowing and it amounted to a hill of beans. The Slayer's power was 'chained to the earth' and it was strongly implied that the men who created the first Slayer did so by binding the power of an actual demon into her, so she had the strength to protect them from other demons.

And then they cast a spell that activates dozens of Slayers all at once, in theory making that demon dozens of times more powerful! (Since the demon's power that Buffy channels isn't divided in half when Faith becomes a Slayer, or divided into a tiny fraction of itself when dozens of others become Slayers, they *all* become full-strength Slayers!)

And what if that nameless demon actually had a name? The First Evil? Whom they just (accidentally) vastly made stronger? That seemed like where the plot was going, and then, bam, magic necklace. It ends. Nobody is actually sure why. The First Evil just sort of gives up, I guess?

I sometimes wish Buffy ended at the end of season three. That felt like a good ending.