Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Chrono Cross deserves a better ending.

The game itself was a great and very challenging brutal RPG all the way to the ending which made it seem kind of lame. Maybe I got the bad ending.
    Because we are snakes in a river of pain. You have never seen art til you have seen a painted ghoul.

Extraordinary Member

Dark Knight Rises - It may have been a bit more trippy and cool to have Alfred’s reaction to seeing Bruce without actually seeing Bruce; the preceding scenes reveal enough stuff you could surmise Bruce survived, and it may have been more fun to treat it like a mystery.

The Force Awakens - I don’t know if it would have kept Johnson from sinking the ST the way he did (since he seems too apathetic about too much from TFA), but if TFA ended with Luke or Rey identifying one another as family... it would have at least increased the likelihood of killing Reylo before it could even be conceived, and allowed someone besides Kylo to be “The Skywalker” of the ST.

The Last Jedi - it wouldn’t fix this movie either... but leaving Luke alive to rejoin the Resistance and train Rey would at least let someone else use a loving OT3 cast member to do what Johnson hadn’t and make sure Rey’s spot in the story was secure with an actual passing of the torch and integration into the Skywalker Story.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Drag Me To Hell

Something about her still getting dragged into hell even after everything she did to get rid of the curse felt flat to me. I don't need a happy ending, but there should've been something. I think when she mixed up the cursed button with her boyfriend's coin, it should've actually counted as passing the curse so he gets dragged to hell at the end. Then the movie could've ended with her getting taken away to an insane asylum or something.

The Grand Budapest Hotel is one of my favorite movies, but the sad/bittersweet ending seemed so unearned and forced. Like thet shoehorned a bittersweet ending just for the sake of it. Haven't rewatched it in a while, but for now I think they should have just gone with a happier ending.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I know I'm in the unpopular opinion camp of liking the Mecha Silver Samurai, but it was tonally out of place with the movie up to that point.
    Yea. Also everything with Viper. Iono why she is in that movie really. I also would complain about having The actual silver Samurai be a random archer who barely does anything. Then building a giant fully adamantium Mech and sword to be the Silver Samuria. Fox never cared much for the source material. Anyway The Wolverine was a cool Japanese Noir type film but then all of a sudden turned into Wolverine fighting a mech and having his powers sucked out through his broken claws( That got fixed at some point but iono when.) Anyway yea I feel that that last part let down a pretty good movie.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Looking back I wish Terminator 2 had kept its original ending showing old Sarah Conors narrating in the better future so that there would be no more Terminator sequels.
    Agreed, because if you think about it, how do you reboot Terminator? What happens with Skynet happens at a later point in time. Old Sarah Conner talks about how great her life has been. It ends say in 2050. 2051 a terminator comes back to kill someone because he is the leader of the resistance because Skynet has taken over in 2075.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

BANNED

Roman Holiday

Now this movie has a great ending as it is bitter sweet.

This is one of the few movies that has a well written excellent ending but the true-love person that I can be , Oh I wish the ending had been different.

Extraordinary Member

Mad Men - not only did they give beautiful Betty a terminal illness, but what really got my goat was that they gave the disgusting Pete Campbell a happy ending. He got an amazing job, his ex-wife forgave him for cheating and got back together with him, and he was happy. He deserved so much less.

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    Mad Men - not only did they give beautiful Betty a terminal illness, but what really got my goat was that they gave the disgusting Pete Campbell a happy ending. He got an amazing job, his ex-wife forgave him for cheating and got back together with him, and he was happy. He deserved so much less.
    Actually, I would go with the ending for Peggy being a let down. They just sort of saw that Peggy and Stan were unattached and summarily stuck them together, like "will this do?". It was kind of lazy and a disservice to both characters.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Actually, I would go with the ending for Peggy being a let down. They just sort of saw that Peggy and Stan were unattached and summarily stuck them together, like "will this do?". It was kind of lazy and a disservice to both characters.
    Agree. That came out of nowhere.

The Departed should have ended at the police station, with Damon and DiCaprio both aware of what the other did and who they were but unable to tell anyone without destroying themselves. Basically, an uneasy and ambiguous “truce.”

Betty was gorgeous but a terrible human being and dying of cancer , while undeserved (no one deserves cancer), wasn’t exactly out of nowhere given her smoking habit.

As for Pete, in real life, sometimes the bastards win.

That ain't no Starr living his best life in the final episode of Preacher.

I've often wondered if that was some kind of an "AMC" in joke.

Spider-Man 3. I think Mary Jane forgave Peter way to easily.

Are you of the opinion that Betty should have been spared because of her looks? I think she ultimately got what she deserved - she was a miserable human being who ultimately brought her downfall upon herself.