Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    After defeating Plantman, the team-up becomes a budding friendship. Triton’s relationship with Namor is now practically ignored, especially during the Inhumans push, but when Namor had his own book, Triton appeared regularly and was a good friend, as well as an ambassador to the surface world. It was Triton who announced Namor’s engagement to Lady Dorma to the UN. It was Triton who saved Namor’s life, and got him a new costume, when he brought the chemically poisoned Namor to Reed Richards. And it was Triton and Namor, in an Oscar worthy acting performance, who worked together to save Susan and Reed Richards marriage in Fantastic Four 149.

I’m not sure the last time these two team-up. The last I remember seeing was in the Inhumans mini-series by Paul Jenkins and Jae Lee, and that Triton had an altered history with Namor, that appeared to ignore continuity, including the fact that it was Triton who had a part in the catastrophic raising of Atlantis.
    I loved this story so much! It was a good show of everyone's personality (FF), powers and had the underlying-and-behind-the-scenes story of how much the Inhumans and Namor truly care about the FF. The artwork and colors were magnificent! Also had Thundra, one of my favorites and her fight with Namor. Also loved the Medusa cameo at the end!

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Default Day 19

19 Days to Christmas

The Thing

To be honest, there really isn’t much love lost between Namor and Ben Grimm, the Ever Lovin’ Blue Eyed Thing, so finding panels, much less comics, where they team-up.

Marvel Two-in-One 28 is one of those rare comics. It starts out with Namor actually being nice, instead of a misunderstanding or slug fest.

Namor is attacked by a group of Piranha Men-Fish (don’t ask) and when Thing, pushed by Alicia, goes to help Namor, both are captured (don’t ask) who force the pair into gladiator games (don’t ask).

Continued in next post!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Default Day 19

Namor is unusually nice in this issue, trying to avoid the slugfest, and suggesting plans to save Alicia.

Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I loved this story so much! It was a good show of everyone's personality (FF), powers and had the underlying-and-behind-the-scenes story of how much the Inhumans and Namor truly care about the FF. The artwork and colors were magnificent! Also had Thundra, one of my favorites and her fight with Namor. Also loved the Medusa cameo at the end!
    Me too! I bought this off the rack and I remember being SHOCKED at that ending. It's so perfect. You can always tell the Namor detractors who didn't actually read the story, when they drag out panels from this story to prove Namor is a homewrecker. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Me too! I bought this off the rack and I remember being SHOCKED at that ending. It's so perfect. You can always tell the Namor detractors who didn't actually read the story, when they drag out panels from this story to prove Namor is a homewrecker. LOL!
    Yes! #147-149 were the Best! There were so many great things about it, I still remember the numbering, lol!

They even modified the banner of "World's Greatest Comic Magazine" adding "Now, more than ever...!"

Sue was so powerful in the issue and the cover with her green force field still takes my breath away! It seems like it is blinding Johnny and Reed besides holding them in midair.

At the time, I remember thinking that Sue was really gonna run off with Namor, lol. The tone was so serious until the last page. Whew!

Truly GREAT issues!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Yes! #147-149 were the Best! There were so many great things about it, I still remember the numbering, lol!

They even modified the banner of "World's Greatest Comic Magazine" adding "Now, more than ever...!"

Sue was so powerful in the issue and the cover with her green force field still takes my breath away! It seems like it is blinding Johnny and Reed besides holding them in midair.

At the time, I remember thinking that Sue was really gonna run off with Namor, lol. The tone was so serious until the last page. Whew!

Truly GREAT issues!

Yes! I agree. One of the first Fantastic Four books I read, IIRC, before I even knew about Namor's history with Sue, so I thought the same! And I couldn't believe comic book characters were getting divorced! Remember this was in the 70s.

Default Day 18

18 Days to Christmas

Tiger Shark

Hard to believe, but yes, Tiger Shark and Namor did team-up before Jason Aaron’s Defenders of the Deep story. One time. Once.

In the awesome Bob Harras and Jae Lee Suma-Ket arc, we find a less … villainous Tiger Shark living under the name Arlys, married to an Atlantean, and expecting a child! Of course, such happiness can’t last, and the family is attacked by the Faceless Ones. Tamara Rahn saves Tiger Shark, but not before his pregnant wife is killed. Tamara convinces Tiger Shark he can pursue his vengeance by allying with Namor and Atlantis, as they learn that the Faceless Ones are minions of Suma-Ket and Artys Gran!

Of course, Namor and Tiger Shark’s actual team-Up mostly involves them arguing / fighting or getting chained up together. Hmmmmm.

Continued in next post!

Default Day 18

And when Namor loses to Suma-Ket, Tiger Shark isn’t exactly … sad.

While we never have seen this more … rational Tiger Shark again, I’ve always wanted to see writers develop this particular Namor rogue more fully. Given he actually was made with Namor’s DNA, I think he’s full of potential.

17 Days to Christmas

Hope Summers

Namor and Hope Summers had few interactions during Namor’s time with the X-Men, but they were memorable!

I don’t know if Kieron Gillen had read Namor and Namorita’s stories, but he certainly picked up on the entertaining dynamic between them in Bill Everett’s stories, and then updated it with a twist.

This final scene between is perfect, pure Gillen gold, and showcases how awesome they are together. I mean how many times do we see Namor relaxed and trusting enough to joke with someone?

Continued in next post!

Default Day 17

Namor and Hope had another team-up in the Escape From the Negative Zone arc, where Namor is for some reason driven violently psychotic by the arid conditions of the Negative Zone (yet this lack of water doesn’t seem to effect Namor’s strength). Hope absorbs Namor’s mutant ability to keep him occupied as they escape back to Earth. And Hope shares how she really feels about Namor.

Sadly, the final team-up, I believe, was after AvX. Hope may have been the only person to ask about Namor after being possessed by the Phoenix.

And Hope is the only person who Namor has even tried to talk with about his experience.

Very nice team-up. I like seeing Hope and Namor here (which I have not seen before).