Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    Nah, she doesn’t need to be a mutant. I’d like to see her used more, though, but not at the expense of adding yet another mutant...

They should make a new Exiles book with the cast being non-mutant X-people who aren’t allowed on Krakoa...

Spiral, Longshot, Deadpool, Juggernaut, Mimic, Warbird, Kid Gladiator...
    As cool as an idea that might be that book wouldn't last long. As writers come and go the first thing new writers would do is go down the list of hmmmm what mutants are open to be used for this *insert x book* that's why someone like Prodigy and eye boy are being used right now in this book even though neither is popular, but Spiral people remember the name and would use her since his power set is so diverse if she was a mutant.

Incredible Member

This issue makes one wonder, we have a depowered Academy X character killed off in a *literal snuff film.” And then Williams not only brings Sofia back, but establishes (via Emma & Dani’s conversation) that the *entire Academy X generation* are apparently back (except Old Rockslide).

The question becomes… is the snuff film thing a direct & deliberate shot at Kyle/Yost, given the meat-grinder the NXM series turned into post-Academy X?

I thought this was great, but some of Leah's dialogue is still clunky (the whole David/Elixir scene could've been clearer). It's interesting how MojoWorld/Sofia was interrupted by X of Swords and it all kind of quickly converged in this issue. The MojoWorld/Sofia debacle seemed rushed so we could get to the (very lovely) resurrection/reunion scene.

Anyway, I hope Sofia returns and Rictor guest-stars to take down Mojo. <3

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    No! Why does everyone associated with the X-Men have to be mutants? Spiral and Longshot didn’t even originate in an X-Book. They’re not mutants. Let them stay that way. It’s like in the 90’s when some writers would say Juggernaut was a mutant. No.

As for the rest... while interesting, it wouldn’t last. Mojoverse always tends to return to the status quo, so it would just get undone off panel like any other “major shift”.
    Longshot is of mutants and thus he belongs with them, but he isn't a mutant himself.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    X-FACTOR 7 COVER Ivan Shavrin

X-FACTOR #7

Written by LEAH WILLIAMS
    Art by DAVID BALDEÓN
    Cover by IVAN SHAVRIN
    WHO'S THAT KNOCKING?
    A dark force is manipulating the lives of X-FACTOR just as a striking revelation about one of their deaths comes to light.

iN X-factor 5 Lorna and Malicia

Quote Originally Posted by SanityOrMadness View Post
    This issue makes one wonder, we have a depowered Academy X character killed off in a *literal snuff film.” And then Williams not only brings Sofia back, but establishes (via Emma & Dani’s conversation) that the *entire Academy X generation* are apparently back (except Old Rockslide).

The question becomes… is the snuff film thing a direct & deliberate shot at Kyle/Yost, given the meat-grinder the NXM series turned into post-Academy X?
    Huh... never really thought of it that way, I could maybe see it that way but unless we get a direct Leah confirmation it's hard to tell. I thought the Ky & Yost run was engaging but they did seem to enjoy killing off the cast way too much.

Mighty Member

I hope they let Carlos Gomez be the regular artist for this title.

His art for X-Factor 4 was great!

Last edited by ericng; 12-04-2020 at 06:10 AM.

Siryn needs to be active full time.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    I hope they let Carlos Gomez be the regular artist for this title.

His art for X-Factor 4 was great!

That's my thought ,too he and Larraz to me at least had the best art in XoS ,so it's a no brainer to give him a major run in Xfactor for a good amount of issues.Alternatively give him a few of Wolverine's issues since I'm not too eager with Bogdanovic , but yeah he has to come back- XFactor 4 was sublime artwise

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    That's my thought ,too he and Larraz to me at least had the best art in XoS ,so it's a no brainer to give him a major run in Xfactor for a good amount of issues.Alternatively give him a few of Wolverine's issues since I'm not too eager with Bogdanovic , but yeah he has to come back- XFactor 4 was sublime artwise
    Agreed.
    Co-signed
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Huh... never really thought of it that way, I could maybe see it that way but unless we get a direct Leah confirmation it's hard to tell. I thought the Ky & Yost run was engaging but they did seem to enjoy killing off the cast way too much.
    Even *if* it was 100% intended, we're unlikely to ever get a direct writer confirmation. Taking a subtextual/metatextual, deniable shot would be one thing. Coming out and saying it would be seen as unprofessional - they would probably deny it even if it was intended for that reason.

Still, it's something that stuck in my head as soon as I took a moment to think about it. The parallels seem just a little bit too on-the-nose for me.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Siryn needs to be active full time.
    Let her be the eighth member.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SanityOrMadness View Post

It's possible but silly to me if true, because the Kyle/Yost run was my fave.Just wish we could get them back to write for Marauders or New Mutants..**** would get REAL ,real quick

Theresa, no! ��

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    iN X-factor 5 Lorna and Malicia

WTF is dat? Is Lorna auditioning for the female lead in A Nightmare Before Christmas? Someone needs to insist Baldeon goes back to art school to learn how to draw eyes...(and feet)
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!