Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Oh, and she mentions that Adam X, Shatterstar, and Spiral need rescued. No mention of Longshot. I first thought because he’s not a mutant, but neither is Spiral. Good that they’re still building up the Mojoverse story.

Quote Originally Posted by allthingzamasing View Post
    Aren’t Prodigy and Speed dating? So that meat mean Speed murdered him(unless Prodigy is cheating and has a secret lover)because IDK maybe he’s jealous he can’t come to Krakoa. Well actually now that I think about it, even though Wanda and Pietro are no longer Magneto’s children and are no longer mutants, Speed and Wiccan are still considered to be mutants...but they have t shown up on Krakoa(officially)but if they are mutants they can just hop I a gate. Sounds interesting(wonder if this may create awkwardness for our dear Polaris)
    I'm just so happy I'm not the only one who thought Tommy (Speed) killed David that was like the first thing that popped in my head the data page made me double down on it. It would be out of character but at the same time Speed is rarely used so theirs a lot of wiggle room with the character like can't necessarily be mad if a writer had him do it OMG a minimoff "Spawn of the Pretender" murdering a mutant the boards would likely blow up..... I kind of fucks with the drama....

I absolutely loved this issue. It was sweet and an absolute treat to see all the NXM kids. Fantastic stuff.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Among various things I could say, of which I've said some elsewhere...

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    The ONLY scene in the book that didn’t land for me was Daken saying him and Lorna are like siblings. Did they have relationship before this book to cement that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    They fought alongside each other as X-men in X-men Blue
    Quote Originally Posted by allthingzamasing View Post
    But that doesn’t mean that they just now have this deep bond, I kind of rolled my eyes at the part of them being brother in sister. They can bond(in a platonic way) over their tough lives, their relationship with their parents, but they haven’t had that much time to do so...so that was 1000% an eye-roller for me.
    How would people feel if Daken said he thought of Jean Grey like a sister? If the answer is that it feels wrong, then why would it be wrong for Jean but somehow okay for Lorna?
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post

How would people feel if Daken said he thought of Jean Grey like a sister? If the answer is that it feels wrong, then why would it be wrong for Jean but somehow okay for Lorna?
    Cause his Daddy's been in and out of Jean's yellow skirt for a many decades now.

I enjoyed this issue. I'm not really attached to any of the characters in X-Factor but so far the story is good and that's enough for me. Gotta say I'm glad I'm not the only reader that thought Daken calling Polaris his sister was odd.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Wasn't there supposed to be a bond between Daken, Lorna (and Rachel) because they're second generation mutants?

Spectacular Member

Great issue. Was so glad to see with the Crossover done the book picked right up with its own stories and brought us the resurrection of Sophie and a much need reunion of the new X-men class. Clearly showed that Leah Williams had researchd who Sophie was and which of her classmates should be present at her resurrection. Her reunion with Julian, Laurie and Suri were my favorite.

Am intrigued by what will now become of Rockslide. Not only was he physically changed but mentally he has been reduced to that of an infant. Otherworld it seems caused an amalgamation of the body but the soul is that of a new borne with no experiences or knowledge. For future resurrections of mutants that died in Otherworld would the Five be able to generate bodies that would more match their mental age?

Hope that they will soon show more on the new Gorgon as well. I want to see what changes have been made to him and how it effects him.

Meh but happy for Hellion and his hands.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post

Well it's not ok for Lorna, writers have to stop forcing relationships. I wonder what characters would be considered brother/sister for Lorna?

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Cause his Daddy's been in and out of Jean's yellow skirt for a many decades now.
    What? what one things have to do with another
    Last edited by baxer; 12-02-2020 at 07:29 PM.

Amazing Member

Can’t help but think we were very blessed today with this issue. I have really just one irl friend who knows all the stories like me and I called him freaking out. Is X Factor gonna be a sneak Academy X series? We have Prodigy on main series with Wind Dancer resurrected, Elixir in a regular supporting role with now Polaris connected to Rockslide.

That generation is certainly accounted for along with a lot of the other young recruits: Egg, Tempus, Eye Boy, Hope. I am not mad at all.

Spectacular Member

Jumping in here but I think Siryn's death is related to her touching/being in contact with Rictor while he was affected by Pestilence's plague. You can see the black goo coming out of her mouth.

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Jean's skirt is green.
    My flag is bacon.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    It is pretty funny how mutants who survived for decades of stories just started dying constantly the instant resurrection became as simple as getting a doctor's appointment.
    I like it this way.

I definitely agree that Leah would make a great writer for a New X-Men title.