Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    They already did with the Crucible issue in X-men. I think Hickman did a good job of making us care about the resurrection and what Melody had to go through to earn that despite her being a blank slate. The use of her siblings helped give weight to it
    The Crucible issue totally failed in that regard. All it did was make the entire process look horrifying and creepy. The art at the end was supposed to be 'transcendent' or something but just made her look like an emotionally dead husk.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    The Crucible issue totally failed in that regard. All it did was make the entire process look horrifying and creepy. The art at the end was supposed to be 'transcendent' or something but just made her look like an emotionally dead husk.
    Hey!!! You leave Paige out of this!!!!!!!

Jay and Dust were there
    Yes, they both were there. Just wish they had something together like a scene but from what Leah said. They easily could have and it got cut. But yes we had one panel with Jay a few people away from Dust. So that did make me really happy. Haven’t seen a reunion yet between them but at least we know they are alive at the same time again.

As far as my other point. Nature Girl doesn’t know a lot of those characters. She came after most of them. So I get why she wouldn’t be around. I understand Eye Boy being around cause he’s on the X Factor team. So Leah didn’t do anything wrong at all. I would as a Trevor and Lin Li Stan just want more of them hanging out, haha. But yeah.. no reason in particular it would be this issue. But just with so many characters around I thought it could be possible.

I wonder if the birds flying (when Siryn died) were any hint at a Morrigan resolution?

It would be funny of Aurora and Northstar killed Siryn by blinding her with their light, thereby causing her to crash midflight

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    It is a problem with the recent art by Leinil Yu, his characters look lifeless

So if dying in other dimensions alters your resurrected self (Santo, Gorgon, Wild Child, Nanny) then maybe there’ll be something with Sophia, who died in the Mojoverse of all places.

It would be funny of Aurora and Northstar killed Siryn by blinding her with their light, thereby causing her to crash midflight
    LMAO... omg...

Their "little" light show probably caused her to smash into the mountain side and subsequently fall to her death all the while swearing in drunken irish dialect, krakoa need some kind of regulation regarding unsanctioned public displays
    Last edited by Daedra; 12-02-2020 at 02:51 PM.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    Just needed a Dust and Jay Guthrie scene. Also, Nature Girl not being around Trevor was sad.

Still good issue.
    I'd have rather seen Dryad in this issue, as she was one of the bus victims.
    My flag is bacon.

Hellion sighting!!!! Great issue, but having mutants drop like flies so often nowadays is getting tired. Storm has to be the only character who HASN'T died during this Krakoan era yet.

It’s probably what happened. Lmfao.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    I said it before, i half jokingly expect someone like Angel to randomly be revealed to have died from slipping on a piece of toast during breakfast.

It's not a matter of "how" she died, but that she got killed so randomly. Though granted i should give the benefit of a doubt on what ever it's a cheap or fitting death (after effect of touching the infected Apocalypse and Rictor for example), but the fact remains that the current era writers seem to pick characters to die seemingly without care or respect for their skills and ability to survive or overcome situations, they have been shown to posses previously. Because it doesn't matter as the new shiny flesh printer manufactory and memory downloads will just print out a new copy of characters to throw back onto the pages.

Only thought about this on the second read of the summary.

Is that what she remembers or what the investigation of X-factor told her?
    How does this issue indicates that Siryn died randomly? It's a cliffhanger and the cause of her death will be developed next issue...

Sofia remembered her motivation for wanting to escape Mojoworld but not her death

Im glad Glob Herman wasn't in the issue to steal the spotlight of a X-Kid for once

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    How does this issue indicates that Siryn died randomly? It's a cliffhanger and the cause of her death will be developed next issue...
    I admit i should have chosen a better word to pick. It was my choice because it feels like she randomly got selected as victim of a death by the writer, considering she is not in any lineup right now and had little focus on her prior to getting (apperently) killed off pannel just to have another prominent victim to use for the next storyline.

Because the pattern for this series so far seems to be that, unlike normal murder investigation stories where each victim is a character made for that specific episode/arc, the writer here has decided to pick existing b-c list characters to suddently kill, even if these characters managed to survive all kind of odds without even getting close to dying before.

So the better word might have been "suddently", rather than randomly, to express how these deaths feel to me in terms of narrative choice.

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    Sofia remembered her motivation for wanting to escape Mojoworld but not her death
    So Cerebro did actualy make a copy her while she was a prisoner in mojoworld, which again is a bad showing for Xavier and co.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    So if dying in other dimensions alters your resurrected self (Santo, Gorgon, Wild Child, Nanny) then maybe there’ll be something with Sophia, who died in the Mojoverse of all places.
    We may know it when she starts ranting about their ratings or complaining about seasons of popular tv shows that never got more than one season in the 616 universe.

Though chances are we won't see much of her beyond backround appearances.
    Last edited by Grunty; 12-02-2020 at 04:11 PM.