Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    How would Aurora decide when she was murdered? Its not like she anticipated or planned her death. How she returns would be up to the Five and Xavier

Also what experiments were done on her?
    Mutants can leave Wills so that if they die they can keep whatever tinkering they've had. Like Warren with Archangel

Aurora had been to Krakoa at some point before she died, and if she didn't take the time while she was there to write a Will then she didn't value any genetic tampering Langkowski did to her enough to make sure she kept them if she ever died.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    She had Sasquatch alter her powers so that she didn't have to rely on Northstar to produce light. It had a side effect of cancelling out both their powers if they physically touched
    Langkowski also experimented with hiding her mutant nature without gaining her consent first.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    How would Aurora decide when she was murdered? Its not like she anticipated or planned her death. How she returns would be up to the Five and Xavier

Also what experiments were done on her?
    It was said somewhere that people have like a will on how they wanted to be resurrected. I can’t remember which issue or book. Maybe the issue of X-men with cyclops and nightcrawler.

Also I’m hoping this death of Siryn will give us answers of the Morrigan. I feel like if anyone was resurrected while still alive, it would have been Theresa.

Also there is the point that David's powers don't work on rockslide most likely because his powers is to copy the experience and talents of others but a baby has no experience to copy same with daken's charm. I don't think he would have the experience to understand emotion.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Mutants can leave Wills so that if they die they can keep whatever tinkering they've had. Like Warren with Archangel

Aurora had been to Krakoa at some point before she died, and if she didn't take the time while she was there to write a Will then she didn't value any genetic tampering Langkowski did to her enough to make sure she kept them if she ever died.
    In the moment and in context it came off more to me like he was talking on more an emotional scale than a literal physical one like. "unless you don't want to light up with me. then i understand." but thats how i read it. or at least thats howi see it now after The Cool ThatGuy explanation of what the genetic tampering was.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Lorna basically has a son now too. her. "he's a baby." and Rockslide's only memories of are Lorna crying over him and he was repeating her "i'm sorry." Leah is soooo good.
    And I love that. That’s, honest to God, probably the most character development she has had in YEARS. Lorna is not soooo good, she is SOOOOOOO GREAT! She needs to like for real adopt Rockslide and take him with her wherever she goes, that is her baby! I didn’t even care about Rockslide, but now I find him cute and endearing just like Jubilee’s son, Shogo.

I’m moderately interested in Daken and Aurora’s romance, it’s interesting, I guess. It was funny how Aurora was kind of jealous of Lorna, but I don’t blame her. 1, Daken is Daken and he’s not truthworthy she wasn’t there when Daken basically high-key flirted with Lorna in the first issue. And 2, Lorna(who is in good spirits now that her baby, Rockslide, is with her) joking with Daken could be mistaken for flirting(but it obviously wasn’t). And 3, it’s Lorna...how can you not be jealous of her? But Aurora has nothing to worry about because Lorna just got out of probably like around a decade long relationship with Alex(some years ago)and she doesn’t need to be in a relationship with ANYONE right now.(Unless it’s Rachel Summers or Exodus IMHO) and besides can you imagine how Magneto would freak out if he knew that his only daughter, his heir, was dating Wolverine’s son!?! Oh that would just be comedy gold, but also a nightmare at the same time.

Okay rant done, loved this comics....glad that New XMen get the attention they deserve. Cant wait for the next one, I wish it would be out in the next 5 minutes, but have to wait until next month.

Leah basically said everyone is back from that generation except Rockslide. She also said she had to edit and cut scenes so not everyone made it on panel.

Leah Williams for the win on this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by allthingzamasing View Post
    And I love that. That’s, honest to God, probably the most character development she has had in YEARS. Lorna is not soooo good, she is SOOOOOOO GREAT! She needs to like for real adopt Rockslide and take him with her wherever she goes, that is her baby! I didn’t even care about Rockslide, but now I find him cute and endearing just like Jubilee’s son, Shogo.

I’m moderately interested in Daken and Aurora’s romance, it’s interesting, I guess. It was funny how Aurora was kind of jealous of Lorna, but I don’t blame her. 1, Daken is Daken and he’s not truthworthy she wasn’t there when Daken basically high-key flirted with Lorna in the first issue. And 2, Lorna(who is in good spirits now that her baby, Rockslide, is with her) joking with Daken could be mistaken for flirting(but it obviously wasn’t). And 3, it’s Lorna...how can you not be jealous of her? But Aurora has nothing to worry about because Lorna just got out of probably like around a decade long relationship with Alex(some years ago)and she doesn’t need to be in a relationship with ANYONE right now.(Unless it’s Rachel Summers or Exodus IMHO) and besides can you imagine how Magneto would freak out if he knew that his only daughter, his heir, was dating Wolverine’s son!?! Oh that would just be comedy gold, but also a nightmare at the same time.

Okay rant done, loved this comics....glad that New XMen get the attention they deserve. Cant wait for the next one, I wish it would be out in the next 5 minutes, but have to wait until next month.
    Lol. Imagine Magneto's delight at meeting his new adopted grandson. I just love the idea that out of all of realities that is the only memory he for all intents and purposes remembers dying in lorna's arms. And i have to wonder if thats because her connection to minerals and her x-genes played a part and the way the scene looks and how his memories are it really felt almost like a mythical birth especially with Rachel being pushed out and the way it was drawn so i do consider Lorna his mother in that respect. It was just a really deep issue.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

The ONLY scene in the book that didn’t land for me was Daken saying him and Lorna are like siblings. Did they have relationship before this book to cement that?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    The ONLY scene in the book that didn’t land for me was Daken saying him and Lorna are like siblings. Did they have relationship before this book to cement that?
    They worked together in X-Men Blue, but I agree that it doesn't seem to justify a remark like that.
    I seek words of such surpassing beauty that they might melt the hardest heart of stone. - Jacqueline Carey

When you trying to get the panties of a hot girl the other hot girl around is always like a sister. This is like not getting slapped 101. lol
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

They fought alongside each other as X-men in X-men Blue

I don’t really think they were ever really on the same team or interacted too much, although they did go on some mission together...during Cry Havok...

9A82CD01-B98D-43F8-AE5C-834B0DE18167.jpg9A82CD01-B98D-43F8-AE5C-834B0DE18167.jpg

But that doesn’t mean that they just now have this deep bond, I kind of rolled my eyes at the part of them being brother in sister. They can bond(in a platonic way) over their tough lives, their relationship with their parents, but they haven’t had that much time to do so...so that was 1000% an eye-roller for me.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Leah basically said everyone is back from that generation except Rockslide. She also said she had to edit and cut scenes so not everyone made it on panel.

Leah Williams for the win on this issue.
    We need a Director's Cut edition of this issue with all of the cut scenes

Mighty Member

That struck me odd too, but I didn’t read X-men Blue. So it’s possible. Even if not it would be a good thing to see. I like the issue and the Academy X/New X-men reunion. Overall another good issue. Still hate the name “Amazing Baby”... give it a real name already. Even Baby Yoda got a name now. lol

Anyone else think Siryn could have also died from something that had to do with her touching Rictor who was infected by Pestilence? Or attacked by someone from Arakko? I definitely want to explore the whole Morrigan thing. I think Leah will address that with her death