Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Langkowski also experimented with hiding her mutant nature without gaining her consent first.
    Where was that revealed?

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    This was a fantastic issue by Leah. Well balanced, and full of great character moments.

Polaris using Mercury as a shield against Daken <3.

I assume that's Laurie?????? It better be. Wallflower should be there for Sofia's resurrection. Hopefully we will get confirmation form someone at some point about her return.
    It's Laurie. That dress she is wearing is the same from a cover of Bachalao. https://comicvine.gamespot.com/wallflower/4005-40535/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    They fought alongside each other as X-men in X-men Blue

But nothing like siblings, total exageration

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Not really. They needed a pandemic to get Amazing Mary Jane cancelled.
    it was a limited 12 issues, if sales were great it would return
    Last edited by baxer; 12-02-2020 at 11:02 AM.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    It's Laurie. That dress she is wearing is the same from a cover of Bachalao. https://comicvine.gamespot.com/wallflower/4005-40535/
    Finally.

I believe Leah confirmed this as well with a flower emoji on Twitter. Glad that Wallflower is back. Laurie fans...... we can finally know peace.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by baxer View Post
    But nothing like siblings, total exageration

it was a limited 12 issues, if sales were great it would return
    It was a 5-issue limited series that got promoted to ongoing.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Where was that revealed?
    Alpha Flight #17.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Let’s face it. Trance and Specter are so plain looking that we’ve probably seen them a dozen times in crowd scenes on Krakoa and never realized it was them.

Edit: I’m aware of Trance’s hair clip.
    Yeap. I'm doing a redesign for Trance to fix this issue (and to pass the time + a new hooby). It won't be everybody's cup of tea, but I'm fine with that. I'll share it when we have a new New X-men appreciation thread.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    It is pretty funny how mutants who survived for decades of stories just started dying constantly the instant resurrection became as simple as getting a doctor's appointment.
    I said it before, i half jokingly expect someone like Angel to randomly be revealed to have died from slipping on a piece of toast during breakfast.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Plus going by the review we don't know how Siryn died. (I am under the impression this is her first Krakoan death? I could be mistaken, but I don't recall her dying and resurrecting before.)
    It's not a matter of "how" she died, but that she got killed so randomly. Though granted i should give the benefit of a doubt on what ever it's a cheap or fitting death (after effect of touching the infected Apocalypse and Rictor for example), but the fact remains that the current era writers seem to pick characters to die seemingly without care or respect for their skills and ability to survive or overcome situations, they have been shown to posses previously. Because it doesn't matter as the new shiny flesh printer manufactory and memory downloads will just print out a new copy of characters to throw back onto the pages.

It's also not fake deaths, these characters died for real, their mortal coils are still where the X-men left them and their souls/minds are who knows where. They are just getting easily replaced by an identical copy.

Which now that i think about it reminds me to Cable during Si Spurrier's X-force, given that the writer of it is apparently comming back to the X-men comics. Though thinking about it further, i realise this opens a whole can of worms about original vs. clone. So i guess i shouldn't push that debate again.

As far as i can recall it really would be Siryn's first death in this new status quo.

Though it makes me wonder why Storm seems to have been singled out not to die cheaply?

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    And she said that she had no other way of escaping. Mojo has mutants basically trapped there. Adam X and Shatterstar and surprise Spiral all tried to help her leave other ways.
    Only thought about this on the second read of the summary.

Is that what she remembers or what the investigation of X-factor told her?

If it's memories and she can remember why she had Adam kill her, seemingly up to the point where she actualy died, doesn't that mean Cerebro could constantly reach her to back those memories up? Yet nobody involved in the whole memory downloading business payed attention to what was going on?

It's not like Xavier and co. have an issue with the privacy of people's mind or nastily manipulating it, heck they downloaded people's memories for decades without their knowledge, creating backups they can bring back against any wish the original could have had, yet they have no system set up to warn them if the freshly downloaded memories include mutants and ex-mutant being imprisoned or otherwise suffering?

Then again this is the time when the X-men have basicly any resources they wish at their disposale, but never make use of it to the fullest in order to keep the drama and half heartly thought out stories rolling.
    Last edited by Grunty; 12-02-2020 at 12:34 PM.

Wasn't the "no touching" thing between the twins fixed by the Children of the Vault?

They used their light power to almost kill Iceman, and then they used it again during Secret Invasion

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Wasn't the "no touching" thing between the twins fixed by the Children of the Vault?

They used their light power to almost kill Iceman, and then they used it again during Secret Invasion
    Yeah, they were shown using their powers in tandem after that and seemed to retain their CotV upgrades for a while after. But that hasn't been seen for a while. I guess the handwave would be those powers were temporary and wore off eventually, while the instabilities from Sasquatch's experiments were recurring.

Ultimate Member

Another thing that I liked was Adam X's appearance, and how he was NOT made into some over the top cliche. He's not the most well designed character visually, but character wise he was not the guy writers pigeon hole him into being.

Him offering Sofia an out was very much in character and I hope the plot is picked up later

This is the kind of story that should have taken place much, much sooner in this relaunch and under a bigger, 'main' book like New Mutants or X-men. THIS is how you get audiences to care about the resurrections and not just as a cheap excuse for death. Still is, going by the ending, but still. Much much better.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    This is the kind of story that should have taken place much, much sooner in this relaunch and under a bigger, 'main' book like New Mutants or X-men. THIS is how you get audiences to care about the resurrections and not just as a cheap excuse for death. Still is, going by the ending, but still. Much much better.
    They already did with the Crucible issue in X-men. I think Hickman did a good job of making us care about the resurrection and what Melody had to go through to earn that despite her being a blank slate. The use of her siblings helped give weight to it

Just needed a Dust and Jay Guthrie scene. Also, Nature Girl not being around Trevor was sad.

Still good issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    Just needed a Dust and Jay Guthrie scene. Also, Nature Girl not being around Trevor was sad.

Still good issue.
    Jay and Dust were there